• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Expanse] [Literature] Tiamat's Wrath

Robert A. Rodger

Aspiring Kermit
Validated User
Thanks.

It seems odd that I'm disappointed that it will "only" be nine books (and however many novellas, short stories). That seems like too many for most series, but I certainly don't feel like I'm done with these characters. I recall reading that the series was meant to be about the creation of the type of setting you see in other space opera. I would definitely be open to seeing sort of stand alone stories set 100, 200, 250+ years down the road.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
Thanks.

It seems odd that I'm disappointed that it will "only" be nine books (and however many novellas, short stories). That seems like too many for most series, but I certainly don't feel like I'm done with these characters. I recall reading that the series was meant to be about the creation of the type of setting you see in other space opera. I would definitely be open to seeing sort of stand alone stories set 100, 200, 250+ years down the road.
That was indeed the plan, and it was also planned as kind of trilogy of trilogies. The first trilogy is (mostly) about humanity still confined to its home system, with the unlocking of FTL travel at the end. The second trilogy is about our first steps outside our solar system and how that plays out. And the third is basically about the birth of a truly interstellar civilisation.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I can definitely see how the ninth book will handle that, which also builds on the notion that we won't see a full resolution with the Goths. There's enough here that we'll arrive at a space opera setting, with loose ends still to come. (I imagine Laconia will wind up with some sort of legacy faction.)

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I can definitely see how the ninth book will handle that, which also builds on the notion that we won't see a full resolution with the Goths. There's enough here that we'll arrive at a space opera setting, with loose ends still to come. (I imagine Laconia will wind up with some sort of legacy faction.)
I'm hoping Trejo gets taken out next book and the remains of Laconia get heavily influenced by Elvi's position of:
- Stop doing atrocities.
- Stop bothering me!

Top Bottom