Express your blasphemy...

RemyDuron

Banned
This is a thread in which you can come out with your blasphemous opinions. Do you like something (say, Highlander 2) that is almost universally reviled, or do you hate something that everyone loves? Here's the place to say so.

Here's mind: Calvin and Hobbes. Hate it. I didn't used to hate it, I used to just ignore it, but everyone is so damn attached to this comic. I don't get it. It's not funny. It's not interesting. It's completely alien to me. I guess I am just not the type of person to have an imaginary friend, or to understand the appeal of one. I'm usually busy enough trying to believe people who do exist don't. I don't need to create people.

So, what's your blasphemous hate/love?

Amado G

Banned
I smiled when
Spoiler: Show
Wash died
(<-- Serenity Spoiler)

I think Star Trek sucks. And I'm rapidly feeling that Star Wars, both the original Trilogy and the new one are unwatchable and lame.

Sin City and most of Robert Rodriguez's filmwork sucks. Frank Miller is juvenile. Hellblazer is lame. Anglophilia makes you look tacky.

That's what I've got for now.

Last edited:

Bootleg Girl

RPGnet Member
Banned
I like Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, and Evanescence. I think the entire premise of Sin City is rather unfun. I find wrestling boring. I think Scary Movie III is hilarious.

GoldenApe

Pretty Pink Prince(ss)
Validated User
I believe this is what branded me the official Tangency Pariah: I own the first season of Full House on DVD.

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
I think the Lord of the Rings movies are utter tripe. The script was poor and ill edited together. The pacing was utterly horrible. The constant sweeping shots of terrain got tired after the thirtieth time in Fellowship. The action scenes were overdone and drew out too long. The war scenes especially went on too long. WAAAY too long. The musical score was too loud, too emotional and overbearing. Melodramatic moments like single tears sliding down faces, slow motion yells and sad musical scores to people grieving were peppered throughout the movie in the most poor of places.

I can give the movie one thing: It had alot of good actors.

Now if only they had used them for all they were worth.

-Naxuul

Naxuul said:
I think the Lord of the Rings movies are utter tripe. The script was poor and ill edited together. The pacing was utterly horrible. The constant sweeping shots of terrain got tired after the thirtieth time in Fellowship. The action scenes were overdone and drew out too long. The war scenes especially went on too long. WAAAY too long. The musical score was too loud, too emotional and overbearing. Melodramatic moments like single tears sliding down faces, slow motion yells and sad musical scores to people grieving were peppered throughout the movie in the most poor of places.

I can give the movie one thing: It had alot of good actors.

Now if only they had used them for all they were worth.
I was trying to think of what to post to this thread. Thank you for saving me the time and hitting every gripe I had with the two of the three movies in the series that I've seen. :)

Future Villain Band

Super Moderator
Validated User
Alien3 is better than Alien.

I mean, way better.

This got me into an argument with an entire gaming group once, the likes of which rivalled the time when I revealed the new BSG wasn't doing it for me (way before you other people jumped on my bandwagon...)

--Eric

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
Alien3 IMO was a great director, great set, great actors and a generally well made film... made from a extroardinarily poor script.

It's one of those teeter-totter situations where depending on which light you look at it from it's either gorgeous or hideous.

-Naxuul

Top Bottom