• Muskrat - Dunyata the Steel Wanderer
  • Terygon - Watson, Human Girl Genius
  • Glyptodont - Freeman, Undead Rogue/Illusionist

drewt333

Agent of Fortune
Validated User
Against the Masters

Aspects:
  • The Masters of Umdaar - At any moment in any land under the Twin Suns some Ultimate Wargod or Dark Lord or ambitious thug will try to prove they are worthy of the title "Master of Umdaar"
  • Legacy of the Demiurge - At any moment in any land under the Twin Suns the strange, mysterious and impossibly advanced relics of the Demiurge will make themselves known, with wondrous and dangerous results.

This is the planet Umdaar, where fear is abundant and mercy is scarce.

The tyrannical Masters reign over the scattered kingdoms, keeping their subjects ignorant and afraid. Are you brave enough to stand against the Masters of Umdaar?

Last edited:

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show
Now are these Aspects the players might invoke? I could think of ways to do so without it being an "I win!" card. Frex, trying to win over reluctant allies, someone invokes Masters of Umdaar to persuade them to join by saying, "The Dark Lords could return at any moment!"

Edit - I should have put this in the OOC thread. :eek:

Last edited:

drewt333

Agent of Fortune
Validated User
Old Yost

Hans Ezekiel Yost, fourth in his family to bear the honored appellation "Old Yost," stepped out of his store and onto the shaded, raised boardwalk that encircled his building. It was just a bit past noon and the twin suns shone brightly as passers-by nodded and waved greetings. Old Yost nodded back and puffed on his pipe. "Take that filthy habit of yours outside." his wife bellowed. "On my way, m'dear." he replied as he stepped further away from the open doors.
Out in the street he spied Dritni, Snakeman and Bounty Hunter. A welcome sight to Old Yost. Although Dritni wasn't much of a talker, he always had news of some villain or other brought to justice or a bitter end.
"Hallo there, my friend!" Old Yost called out as he stepped down into the street. "If it isn't Dritni the Bounty Hunter! But who's this?" he asked, noticing Dritni's companion, Watson Click. "I don't recollect you from my Bounty Board, what heinous crime have you committed?"

Old Yost is a bit of gossip but he keeps a sharp eye on his town. Both Shady Eye Jake and the Tiger seemed to be heading this way, but right now the only notice on the Bounty Board is for Valence.

drewt333

Agent of Fortune
Validated User
Crossroads of the Light Lands

Wilfred Jonas Pennstock sat on the veranda of his elegant and expansive hotel. He sipped his afternoon julep, fanning himself occasionally with his silk top hat. He had a prestigious and well-paying guest in his hotel today, and felt entirely justified in taking as few moments to relax.
Exotic feminine faces peered down from the windows of the upper storey of madame Corrine's across the way. "Ah, that's Lady Corrine's." he corrected himself. "The more things change..." he thought, raising his glass and smiling up at them.
He frowned in annoyance noticing the ladies weren't looking at him, but into the street. A strange pair of travellers had come into town. One was a weathered, travel-worn man and the other a child-like robot.
The robot moved with an un-robot-like gait and seemed fascinated by everything. From the nails in the railing to the photovoltaic shingles on the roof. The man seemed deeply concerned with something a few yards ahead of him, something only he could see...

You've been troubled by a recurring nightmare. You keep seeing Doctor Panglossia Trine, a respected Runekeeper and ally of the Order of Seven Stars, struck down by bolt of dark energy on the Blasted Fields. This troubling half vision, half memory is drawing you to Evenlight. Meeting Dunyata on the Su'ul's Way Road was certainly no coincidence.

Meeting Rahn on Su'ul's Way was certainly an interesting coincidence. Rahn, of course, doesn't believe in coincidence. Orchard Corners is an interesting place, such a curious mix of technologies, and so many unique bioforms.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dunyata pointed at the hotel and said to Rahn, "I believe that is accomodation, an inn, yes? Might I suggest we stop there? Even if we do not plan to stay the night, they are frequently good places to gather the local news. Perhaps we will learn something about what troubles you there." Dunyata had been happy to run into her old mentor on the road, but was concerned by the deep worries etched on the man's face--more so than when she had last seen him, as if something fresh was bothering him.

I'm not assuming that Rahn has told Dunyata what's bothering him, just that she's picked up on the fact that something is bothering him.

Terygon

Validated User
Watson waved her hands in denial.

"No crime! Really, I promise! Just a misunderstanding that's been cleared up. Really. We're just traveling together for a while. Dritni, tell him. Oh, I'm Watson and this is Webs, my Pandapus. Pleased to meet you."

Watson finally manages to shut up, mostly by placing her hand over her mouth.

drewt333

Agent of Fortune
Validated User
Sharp Dressed Man

The small, pale man with the clean-cut features paused at a window near the entrance of Lady Corinne's. He made minor adjustments to his fashionable, yet subtle, black and grey suit. He tugged the brim of his hat and shifted the nosepiece of his sun-goggles. With purposeful stride he ascended the broad stairs of the Music Hall's entryway, his walking cane tapping on each step.
From the shadows, just a few yards down the street, a well-concealed figure watched him... and recalled the chaos and destruction that once surrounded this pallid schemer.

You know him as Thuvan Xuul, Emissary of the Alliance of the Dark Mirror. As Ustrad-Zylebek's empire came crashing down Thuvan Xuul swaggered unconcerned through the confusion, recruiting Zylebek's minions to his dark cause. You know Orchard Corners is a good place for finding leads but this is more than coincidence.

Neaden

Validated User
Dritni pauses for a moment and then nods. "Her crime was a lack of wisdom, I am hoping to rectify this and channel her skills into more sensible applications old friend. Unfortunately for myself, all of my leads are cold at the moment, I come hoping to hear about any of those I pursue by chance, or find anyone else in need of my help. Tell me, any troublemakers pass through lately?"

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sharp Dressed Man

The small, pale man with the clean-cut features paused at a window near the entrance of Lady Corinne's. He made minor adjustments to his fashionable, yet subtle, black and grey suit. He tugged the brim of his hat and shifted the nosepiece of his sun-goggles. With purposeful stride he ascended the broad stairs of the Music Hall's entryway, his walking cane tapping on each step.
From the shadows, just a few yards down the street, a well-concealed figure watched him... and recalled the chaos and destruction that once surrounded this pallid schemer.

You know him as Thuvan Xuul, Emissary of the Alliance of the Dark Mirror. As Ustrad-Zylebek's empire came crashing down Thuvan Xuul swaggered unconcerned through the confusion, recruiting Zylebek's minions to his dark cause. You know Orchard Corners is a good place for finding leads but this is more than coincidence.
Thuvan Xuul! When last Freeman met him, he was shaking his head in disapproval at Freeman's companions who declined to join the Alliance of the Dark Mirror. His exact words were: "We are so disappointed that you won't join our worthy cause. We had so hoped those who had suffered such oppression and degradation would understand why we fight against such evil. Alas, you must choose your own fate." (Freeman rarely forgets what's he's heard. He suspects it was some effect of being undead.)

When Thuvan Xuul said those words to him and his companions, Freeman's newly-born consciousness interpreted as a parent showing disapproval of a child. But now after having experience with the world of living men, Freeman can't shake the notion that Thuvan Xuul's tone was also like that of an executioner expressing pity over the criminal he's about to behead.

But regardless of whether he's an ally or enemy, Thuvan Xuul may be the stepping stone Freeman needs in his quest. Best to check this out before seeing Skarx. It would be a disaster if Ustrad-Zylebek got hold of the Cradle's powers. And he wouldn't trust the Alliance or Thuvan Xuul with it either. That's the pragmatic reason for going alone. The fact that he feels more at ease when he tries to protect Skarx is a thought that he pushes away for now. Dead men shouldn't think about things as vague as "friendship".

He tails Thuvan Xuul to the music hall, looking for a side door or servant's entrance.

Top Bottom