• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [FAE] The Stargazer Bureau

Hammel

Validated User
In the interrogation room, there is only a single door, a camera on the ceiling, a table with some chairs, a mirror, an interrogator or two, and one unimposing man in the hot seat. He constantly readjusts his glasses as he nervously looks around the room and only giving the bare minimum of answers.

He's a suspected accomplice in the Sigil killings, and he's not willing to talk much. It's clear that he knows more than he is telling. He quivers in some of his answers. Is he afraid of someone, or something? Or just naturally nervous?

Behind the mirror is a collection of Stargazer Bureau Agents, all dressed in slick black suits with plain ties, watching in from behind the mirror. Some have their arms crossed, others are nodding and observing the suspect carefully.

OOC: What are you all doing, and are you in this scene? I'll welcome player created dialogue exchanges with this suspect. How much is he saying? What type of questions are being asked? What do you, or the interrogators (which could be you!), know? But he's not willing to give up who he was working for, at least not yet.

Last edited:

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"So, let's recap, shall we?" Rebekah says, her tone level. "I have here files on three of the Sigil killings. Agnes Peterson, librarian. Noah Leverson, antiques dealer. Tyrell Freeman, college student."

She spreads crime-scene photos of the three across the table, watching closely for any reaction from the man. "The security camera at Leverson's shop shows you on the scene that same day. Your lending record shows you frequently visiting that particular little library, almost always on days when poor Miss Peterson was working. And several witnesses place someone matching your description on campus in the week before Freeman was killed."

Rebekah sits back. Her own jacket and tie are hung over the back of her chair; she's been in the room for a while, and frankly she's not used to the Bureau's dress code yet. "You got anything better than 'coincidence' to explain that? Because I gotta say, it is not looking good for you."

She reaches up, adjusting her tied-back braids, but she's not as casual as she appears. The evidence they've got is sketchy at best, and placing a suspect at the scene of a crime is a long way from proving them guilty. But she has a feeling they're onto something here. This guy is not acting quite right.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chase sits nearly forgotten at the side of the interrogation room, headphones on his head and apparently listening to music while making gestres in tune of it.

Actually, his gestures have a meaning for anyone fluent in sign language.

"The man is afraid," Chase signs. "For someone or something else. If he does not talk, we might threaten to let him go without pressing any charges. While suggesting that whe know what he fears and that just letting him go might look like we did it because he talked. Especially if, after his visit, it came to light that we know something."

Donan

Validated User
This is still new ro Richard. He's far more used to studying unusual objects then questioning a suspect, especially one connected to crimes like this. Not that he's doing any questioning himself. Instead he's stood in the observation room, scratching the stubble on his chin carefully. He's nervous,a dn that would show in his body language to anyone looking his way. He doesn't know which way this will go or what will happen, but he is aware that he needs to witness this, both to understand more about what their work will entail, and to see how his teammates operate.

Hammel

Validated User
Regret washes over the man's face as he is shown the photos and he looks away, down at the edge of the table. He wipes sweat off his brow. It has been at least a couple hours of interrogation. The suspect's name is Timothy Bookwell, and he finally puts his hands on either side of the head and stares off into space. "I could die...." He says weakly.

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"You could also stop more people from dying," Rebekah points out. "And right now you're probably in the safest place you can be. Whole lot of armed agents in this building, and protecting people is our job. You want us to protect you too, we need to know who you're so afraid of."

Who, or what. That's another thing Rebekah isn't used to yet. She's good with people, but some of the things the Bureau handles are, well, things.

Hammel

Validated User
"You don't understand. " Timothy looks up at Rebekah, trembling. "I made a pact....."

A look of abject terror appears on his face. Then he suddenly cries out, clutches his chest/lung area, and suddenly becomes dangerously winded like he has been running for a very long time. "He knows....I'm talking!"

It won't look good for him if he doesn't get medical attention.

Then, an announcement in a female automated voice sounds all throughout the building along with a blaring alarm. "Attention: Lockdown Initiated. Attention: Lockdown Initiated." And it repeats.

Outside the room, inside of walls leading to the exterior, arcane glyphs light up in a warm amber. These glyphs light up throughout the building's exterior walls in this manner. They are spirit wards.

Last edited:

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chase leaps from where he was sitting, a stunning change from his apparent nonchalance. Taking hold of Timothy's face with his both hands, he says: "You can resist it. I did. He can kill you, and most likely will. He killed me. But you can make a difference. I did. Tell us who, and why. Even in the worst case, you can die in peace. I failed, and couldn't."

OOC: I am going to invoke an aspect to help an ally with the aspect and give Donan's character a +2 to medical check

EDIT: The aspect being Shouldn't be alive

Donan

Validated User
A disturbing situation made even worse. Richard leaps to his feet as alarms start to blare and a threat rears it's head. Focusing on what he knows helps and he grabs one of the emergency medical kits from the wall, running into the other room with it.

Letting Chase talk he checks the man's pulse, determing the most viable approach from his symptoms.

OOC: With that +2, a total of 6. http://orokos.com/roll/724046

Top Bottom