• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [FAE] The Stargazer Bureau

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Rebekah sets her weapon aside and practices the beat alongside Chase, using her hands instead of the sticks. Magic isn't her area, but protecting a teammate on a dangerous job is.
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
"Yes!" Gordon nods. "That should do fine. You'll be able to watch my journey on the screen here," he motions towards a screen next to where Richard is prepping a machine. "It should be clear when the portal to their world closes. It'll be like a door shutting."

"Prelim checks look good," Richard says. "Ready?"

"Yes. Let us handle these dragons." Gordon sits in the chair and Richard hooks him up. Some wires attached (but not buried into) his head and places such as his chest and wrists where his vital signs can be monitored. He closes his eyes. "We may begin."
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Rebekah turns to face the screen, and joins the drumming, matching the beat as best she can.
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
The screen lights up, showing a world similar to ours but one of shades of grey, dark, and light. You see a colorless human form right about where Gordon would be, carrying what looks to be the form of a pretty large sword. The hair matches. It looks to be a superimposed form of Gordon.

An equine form approaches the Spirit Gordon, surrounded by two other, smaller quadrupeds. As it draws closer you see a distinct horn on its forehead, which gleams about as well as it could in a world without color and light as we know it.

The two other forms next to the equine become much clearer now. They are big cats. You see stripes on one, a mane on the other. Spirit Gordon mouths silent words, to which the three animals give a single nod in response. In a moment, Spirit Gordon sits astride the equine and charges forward, the cats following closely behind.

A multitude of the thrashing dragons come into view. Sword raised high, the Spirit Gordon gallops around the dragons and slashes with his sword, cutting the dragons in twain. The big cats are also busy, leaping at dragons and thrashing them in their maws. The dragons, heavily distracted by the music that's going on in the material world, have no fighting chance.

This scene is repeated a few more times, with dragons disappearing left and right. They seem to be heading to the basement now....
 

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"It seems to be working," Chase mutters while keeping up the drumming. "No sign of the portal closing so far, though, so we are not clear yet. And once it does close we still have to call Gordon back."
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"That's pretty wild," Rebekah says in a low voice, watching the screen as she drums. "Do you think that's, like, just showing what's going on in his head? Or is that really happening in some other plane? I mean, is he visualising riding a unicorn, or is there actually a unicorn?"

She stops speaking for a moment, keeping the beat going as she thinks. "Wait, is Richard the unicorn, helping him reach to fight the dragons? Which I guess would make you the lion and me the tiger?"
 

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I have no idea how this works or whether what the screen shows is accurate," Chase replies. "But when we have dragons flapping around the office, I am willing to believe in unicorns."
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"You and my little cousin both," Rebekah says with a smirk. "Anyway, whatever's happening, it looks he's winning."
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
"Funny," Richard comments with a frown. "I don't FEEL like a unicorn."

Spirit Gordon enters what looks to be a representation of the basement, hacking and slashing at the disruptive dragons as he goes forward.

Then, Spirit Gordon and his spirit animals begin whirling, rotating in a clockwise motion. A giant, toothy maw on the ground appears. The trio are heading right into it! As the maw gets closer to devouring them, the machine Gordon is hooked up to begins beeping rapidly, and it looks like his heart rate is spiking and rapid. Visible signs of stress show on Gordon's face, as his jaw twitches and brows furrow, as well as some pained grunting.....
 
Top Bottom