• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [FAE] The Stargazer Bureau

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
A gleaming whirlpool appears on Rebekah's screen, which disappears and is followed by a representation of the immediate area in the spirit world. Rebekah, you find yourself with a gun that has carved on it a dog.

Rebekah finds Billie here. Care to describe the dog, how Rebekah finds her, and her interactions with her?
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"Huh." Rebekah turns the gun over in her hand, examining the carving, and then holsters it. "Right, guess I need to head to the basement before Gordon gets himself eaten..."

She looks up towards the door at the sound of a familiar bark. "...Billie?" she asks in disbelief, and starts out into the corridor. For a few seconds she's rushing around, trying to follow the sound in a world that isn't quite what she's used to. And then she rounds a corner and nearly gets tackled to the ground by the enthusiastic dog.

Billie is a hefty Bernese; perhaps in reality she wasn't as big as she is in Rebekah's memory from when was small, but in this realm she's gigantic, almost as tall as Rebekah is and considerably heavier-built. She has a black coat with a white belly and muzzle, and the breed's distinctive rust patches in between.

Rebekah pulls herself up. "Easy, girl," she says fondly, tousling the dog's head. "I've missed you too. But right now someone else needs our help. Let's get going. Keep an eye out for dragons. I bet they'll be fun to chase."
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
On Gordon's screen, the four spirit forms continue to whirl around towards the maw in the basement's floor. The tiger and the lion helplessly inch closer to the maw in the basement floor, but the unicorn tries to fight back by shooting beams of light from its horn towards the monstrosity. It seems to have minimal effect, but it is something.

A representation of the corridors whiz by on Rebekah's screen until she is finally where Gordon is. She and her old companion Billie appear on his screen, and Gordon and the three animals on hers.
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"Help him, girl," Rebekah says urgently to Billie. "See if you can pull him out of there." After all, Billie is a big dog, and hard to move when she doesn't want to. Maybe she can help anchor Gordon and keep him out of the maw.

Meanwhile, Rebekah unholsters the engraved gun and takes aim at the centre of the maw. You feeling hungry, monster? Eat this.
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
Billie tackles the unicorn, causing Spirit Gordon and the unicorn tumbling backward as if in low gravity, the hefty canine following them. This is enough to push Gordon and his unicorn out of the orbit of the jagged-toothed hungry Thing, and he immediately uses the opportunity to dramatically dance his sword around. Despite the toned down environment of the spirit world, a handful of curved multi-colored blades appear on the screen hurling from Spirit Gordon to the maw. Now that it's engaged, the maw now seems to have tripled in size and is looking rather terrifying. But Gordon's vitals return to what would count as normal in this situation, with his heart rate a lot more calm now.

The lion and the unicorn try breaking free of the maw's force.

Rebekah's bullets also head towards the maw.

But the maw seems unphased. Its jaw opens wide and both projectiles go right in.

OOC:

Gordon's Colors: 4dF+2 2

Eating Sharp Things: 4dF+3 5

Eating Bullets: 4dF+3 4

Added a Boost for The Hungry Maw, Growing Hunger.

I think Rebekah's attack would be either Quick or Forceful?

 
Last edited:

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"They are facing an emergency and I am stuck being a soundtrack!" Chase complains, but then says: "Wait... An emergency? Maybe there is something in this room to be used in case of such an emergency."

Keeping up the beat, chase takes his eyes off the screen and casts them around the room.

OOC: It is a shot in the dark, but this looks like a boss fight and Chase is the only one who is safe, so he is desperately looking for anything that might positively affect the outcome. I am spending my last Fate point to trigger Attention to Detail for a +2 when I Cleverly study a scene, person or object and have time to focus. And then Chase Cleverly studies the room.

Roll: 4dF+5: 2 [4dF=0, -1, -1, -1] Ugh, what a horrible roll. It would have been a total flop without the Stunt.
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Rebekah lowers her firearm. "Yeah, that's not working. Stupid spirit realm, can't even rely on the guns..."

She looks over to Gordon, or at least her spirit-self looks over to his. "Hey, any idea what this thing even is?"

OOC: Forceful attack gets a zero. Not going to be able to push that up to a success any time soon.
 

Hammel

Registered User
Validated User
Chase finds hidden behind the consoles CDs that are titled "Drum Beat Tracks." He also finds some rather old fashioned small CD players and headphones. If Chase wants to be more than a soundtrack, it could be possible to load these CDs and put the headphones over himself, Rebekah, and Gordon. It would be a less controlled circumstance, but could be doable.

Richard is busy playing around with controls doing his scientist thing.

The maw normalizes in size just a little bit, getting smaller.

"Once in this realm," Gordon replies. "I stood on a cliff overlooking a plains and something like this appeared. It was far away, though, and I didn't think to research it....I was just chilling with the journey, y'know?"

Gordon hurls another one of his cascade of blades at the maw.

The maw simply engulfs the blades again, and not seeming phased in the least.

Gordon thrashes around in the air a bit as he tries to resist the maw's pull.

The unicorn tries to skirt the edge of the maw's gravitational pull, performing a forepaw leap and stomp as it shoots more beams at the maw. But the maw simply engulfs the energy.

 
Last edited:

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Figures," Chase mutters after spotting the CDs. "But I suppose the CDs are for more leisurely journeys. Manual drumming may be the safer option when there might be a need to switch to callback beat in a hurry. Still, that gives us a last ditch measure where I go in as well."

For now, Chase continues to drum and switches his attention back to the screen.
 
Top Bottom