• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Fallout 76: Three Hours of Gameplay

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
While there's some poor choice of language in here, the mix of music used in the Megaman 2 Rap is still just joyous.

[video]

But be warned that there's some gamer homophobia in there.

Matsci

Magical Item like these are neat. I collect them.
Validated User
I lost the loot from a legendary Protectron because the damn thing blew up and killed me awhile after I killed it, while I was still mowing down its buddies. I guess I'm supposed to grab its loot during the firefight and run like hell? How am I supposed to know that? That pisses me off because it would've been the first legendary item I got as loot, rather than through quests.

I'm thinking about starting up a new character. Partially because a female character would look better in the Mistress of Mysteries dress. Partially because I always want to start a new character when I get maybe a third through a game. I've still never finished New Vegas. Too many new characters! But I also feel like I limited myself too much with this one early on, sticking real close to the Vault and Flatwoods instead of branching out. When I look at the map I see single-digit level characters far beyond the areas I've made it to yet, and I might want to try that. We shall see.
All legendary Robots explode when killed. You can find the corpse afterwards for the loot. They did the same thing in Fallout 4.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I learned about the exploding robots the hard way, same as you.

Oof.

Since then, I've learned to loot then RUN, then fight other stuff after a safe distance away.

PeterM

Validated User
I’m not sure I ever fought a legendary robot in Fallout 4. And I just fought another one, looted and ran, and it never blew up. Got a piece of robot armor that cloaks me if I get hit in melee combat. Not sure i want that, but I’ll give it a try.

When I was about to head back to base and log out, I noticed some jackass was apparently attacking my base so I just logged out immediately. Which got me wondering - if you build off into empty space from the top of a cliff and logged out while someone was on the platform, could you kill them? I’ve been meaning to move my base. Might have to pick somewhere with a view.

And is there any way to see a list of what plans and recipes you already know, other than going to a vendor? They don’t have everything anyway.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
No way to see what you know currently, other than the hard way (going to a bench, seeing what optiosn you have, then another bench, repeats as needed. Then go to your CAMP and start testing.)

I've been collecting plans and recipes for the eventual player vending. I have about 400 of 'em (My storage space, aie!) at this stage, so, I can eyeball those to see what all I have in the "Known" flags. Still have about ten weapons to go, but I *think* I have all the non-power armor options at this stage. For the CAMP, that dang tub continues to hide from me.

Vargen

Validated User
When I look at the map I see single-digit level characters far beyond the areas I've made it to yet, and I might want to try that. We shall see.
There are large swaths of the map to the east of Vault 76 that are scaled for low-level players, but the storyline never takes you through there. You could probably have fun with a new character if you ignore the overseer and turn right as soon as you leave the vault.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, it takes you through Sutton at the least, but otherwise, yeah. Then again, it never takes you south of the river, either, to play around at the Nuka-Cola plant. There was *something* supposed to be tied in with the Arkos facility but it was scrapped before launch. (There are at least four scrapped things that I've run into here and there... areas that have some kind of interaction but no resolution. Probably way more than that, but those are the ones I know of for sure.)

We're getting something for Halvetica now, tho, so that's a little good for the area! Man, that spot's gonna be *so* *busy* next week...

Reverend Keith

I was a friend of Jamis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Holy crap! I can build in my camp again! It's nice to see the updates and fixes in this rollout, but the fact that I can get back to the one thing that kept me consistently playing Fallout 4 for over two years (settlement building) makes me a very happy guy. Since it's been forever since I've entered camp mode, it was refreshing to see the sheer number of new things I could build. I've been racking up various plans for 40+ levels, so it's nice to add windchimes, lights, a fusion power generator, and finally a power armor station to my elevated camp.

Oh, and adding a stash box in the Enclave bunker? Sweet! Hopefully one has been added near the Harper's Ferry vendor bot as well.

All in all, I'm really liking this update, even though I burned through most of my junk updating my camp. Time to go back to looting! :)

Last edited:

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There're a ton of little things snuck in that I've been finding. I've not seen the new vendor yet... he's a random pop-up in the random encounter spots and I won't spoil what he's selling, but it's awesome. :D

PeterM

Validated User
This has been an exercise in frustration. I haven't been able to play the last several days, so I wanted to play all day today. The game has been very jerky and stuttery, extremely annoying but playable. I managed to get Grant's Saber that I need for the Mistress Of Mysteries quest, and now I have to kill six creatures with it. Only problem is, it's level 1 and it just plain sucks. I'm assuming it'll be made useful once I jazz it up.

I can't seem to find any enemies that are my own damn level, or at most 10% of them. Most are far too low level to be worth anything, or at least double my level and kicking my ass. And just now I cleaned out a bunch of annoying mole miners because I have to use a key on a locker in their mine, but then the game froze and I couldn't do anything but go back to the XBox dashboard, at which point the game shut down and restarted. And when I go back in, the mine I need to go to has switched to one all the way across the map. Feh.

Top Bottom