• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fallout 76: Three Hours of Gameplay

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, yeah. That's also where you get steaks from. I used to start every day over there, collecting leather and steaks, some Radstag as well, and a bunch of random chems because PharmaFarma and Flatwoods are two tastes that taste great together, complete the event there because, hey, it's free and gives you some purified water, then sell offmy 200 caps to the nice bot there (who should really have a name!) before popping off to the next location.

Now that all the vendors share a common pool, I don't go back nearly as often as I'd like.

And I'm still BEYOND furious that I accidently scrapped my Responders paramedic attire. You get one, EVER, when you do the event there and there's no other way in the game to get another. Considering that the Responders Is my faction of choice, it hurts, bad. I still have my Firebreathers gear but … it's not the same, you know?

I so very want some way to get another. Let us buy one, give us crafting plans, something, ANYthing. … just so sad. :(

PeterM

Validated User
A level 63 player just cleaned out my low level vending machine, despite the sign. I'm so disillusioned. The SOB even took the damn imitation ham. He's high enough level to find his own damn food!

I don't shoot Brahmin or Radstags if I can avoid it. I prefer to eat animals that are trying to eat me. They're definitely a good source of leather, though. Apparently the Treetops or Treehouse in the Mire has a lot of hides, but I don't like the Mire. Might have to go there, because I just read that both Treetops and Camp Venture are good places to find Robot Armor plans, which I need for a possum badge.

I see a lot of leather on sale in vending machines, usually just 1 cap per. That's where I load up when I'm getting low. Which I am, now that I'm providing free level 1 and 5 armor to every damned level 60+ moocher in West Virginia.

Reverend Keith

I was a friend of Jamis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ooooh. Good point about looking for player vendors selling leather. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for that.

I watched the above video that went really shows that Prickett's Fort is a great source of leather (and it turns out wood). Also, just outside of Prickett's Fort is an abandoned shack with a ton of teddy bears, which are surprisingly another great source of leather. On top of that location, the video also went to Camden Park and picked up a bunch of teddy bears there. Ultimately, they harvested about 111 leather in one run.

I've never been to either location (Prickett's Fort or Camden Park), so I'll probably pick the easy route of just shooting the brahmin around Flatwoods and seeing what that gets me. I need concrete, wood, and steel stockpiles far more than I'll need leather for building. The main thing is just having a decent stockpile before building. It's not like I'm spending every day building heavy leather suits of armor for new characters. At least, not until this new camp is built. :)

PeterM

Validated User
I've seen the hide bundles at Pricket's Fort but didn't know there were that many. And the teddy bears are good, too, because you need some of them for the Collector's badge. I like to go to Pricket's every once in awhile because a daily quest there has you bury a dead body they found, and it's the only dead body you can bury in the whole game. Wandering around and not being able to do anything about all the corpses bugs the crap out of me.

In other news, why is everyone who makes a Fallout Youtube video always either starving to death or dying of thirst? Take care of yourself, people!

Reverend Keith

I was a friend of Jamis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Does anyone have any experience with using mineral extractors in their camp?

From what I can tell, the majority of mineral extractors generate ore and not scrap. As a result, it looks like Aluminum, Black Titanium, Copper, Crystal, Gold, Lead, Uranium, Silver, and Steel deposits all require processing with acid after extraction. Having never used a mineral extractor before, my guess is that I'd run out of acid after just a week of operation and end up with a ton of excess ore.

On the flip side, extractors built on Acid, Coal, Concrete, Junk, Phosphate (Raw Fertilizer), Oil, or Wood deposits give you the proper scrap right off the bat. No additional processing required.

Building on a junk deposit seems like a total no brainer to me considering that junk deposits can generate up to 20 of the following scrap per hour: Aluminum scrap, Ceramic scrap, Circuits, Crystal shards, Fiber optics bundle, Fiberglass spool, Loose gears, Loose spring, Loose screws, Molded plastic, Raw rubber, Raw cloth, and Waste oil. None of that sucks. Even if it's random, I can cope with any of the above. :)

PeterM

Validated User
I’ve had extractors on lead and iron deposits and never had to smelt them, i just got lead and steel. I did have to smelt copper, though, and it definitely went through the acid. Junk is good, but it’s really random. Now I just have several water purifiers and sell my excess water. If I didn’t want my current spot for access to newbies I’d find a spot with water and a resource. The underwater acid deposit over by Top Of The World is good for that.

Standanko

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like sitting on an Acid resource. Lead Ore is plentiful in the Lucky Hole mine (plus some spooooky notes & sights). Get like 600+ Lead Scraps after I smelt it. Steal and cloth from wandering the wastes turns into thousands of 50cal machinegun rounds. Naturally, this leads to dead Super Mutants and Scorched. Good times!

Standanko

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I need some build advice. Here is what I currently run

S 15 - Bear Arms 3, Bandolier 2, Pack Rat 3, Heavy Gunner 1 + 3 + 3
P 5 - usually all 3 Picklocks, Green Thumb, and detect magazines perk
E 4 - Lead Belly 1, Nuka Net 2, Good Doggy 1
C 4 - Travel Agent 1 and either Lone Wanderer 3, Hard Bargain 3, or Inspirational 3
I 8 - Gunsmith 5, Stabilied 3
A 5 - Hiker 3 (reduces food weight), Sneak 1, Light Footed 1
L 15 - Starched Genes 2, Class Freak 3, Pharma Farmer 3, Can Do! 1, Bloody Mess 3, that other Heavy Weapon perk that staggers & cripples limbs 3

I recently moved 4 points out of Agility to Luck, but I'm feeling the Agility loss. Which of the low level things should I shuffle around? I'm at level 150 and have about 10 allocated perks to shift stats and buy new persk.

I have a ton of other perks for crafting, hacking, and Rifle based ones from when I ran heavy Perception and sniped everything. These days, Scorchqueen meet Daisy Cutter, Ma Deuce, and my Anti-Armor Gatling Plasma!

Thanks

PeterM

Validated User
Is Class Freak the one that reduces side effects from mutations? I don’t bother with that one, but the only side effect I care about is the -4 int from Marsupial, which doesn’t really matter much.

I also only have Pharma Farmer 1 and that does me just fine.

Top Bottom