• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Fanfic] Recommended Fanfiction

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
DK Ami:

Spoiler: Show
Lol those Light Gods.

"Well, we still want to imprison you for eternal life, but since you dodged this attempt, we'll voluntarily declare you Empress just to head off a Dark Crusade against you, which will also generally make your life easier. Plus, can we copy your homework?"

(It's actually more like "share your research" but their words are "lend us your notes" and Ami even flashes back to school...)

I'm glad "so we have a Dark God back home" finally came up, though it doesn't seem to have changed their minds. I guess that works: one half-dead odd god isn't the same as a link to the active dungeon gods, and Ami worshipping Metallia might not cut off their influence through generic Keeper corruption.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
DK Ami:

Lol those Light Gods.

"Well, we still want to imprison you for eternal life, but since you dodged this attempt, we'll voluntarily declare you Empress just to head off a Dark Crusade against you, which will also generally make your life easier. Plus, can we copy your homework?"

(It's actually more like "share your research" but their words are "lend us your notes" and Ami even flashes back to school...)

I'm glad "so we have a Dark God back home" finally came up, though it doesn't seem to have changed their minds. I guess that works: one half-dead odd god isn't the same as a link to the active dungeon gods, and Ami worshipping Metallia might not cut off their influence through generic Keeper corruption.
Yeah, there’s a lot to love about the light gods. The very friendliest of enemies (to Ami). As for the rest, if it updated faster it could definitely be worth having its own discussion thread.

acksed

Validated User
Yeah, there’s a lot to love about the light gods. The very friendliest of enemies (to Ami). As for the rest, if it updated faster it could definitely be worth having its own discussion thread.
I stopped following the Sufficient Velocity thread once the dense thickets of discussion and tech-cheesing just kept growing.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
I've been reading one of the epub versions. 4000 pages out of 6500! (Roughly 100 words per phone page, I think.)

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Which may mean it's still shorter than To The Stars.

Oh, one real question:

So, as Ami is transported in bat form by Jadeite to track down the mantle-stealing priest, there's mention of her having two dungeon hearts, which she can use to triangulate. I thought she was down to one, the "old style" one in the iceberg that became her main heart and then got moved to land. I do dimly recall her stashing a hidden heart in the frozen wastes but I thought that *was* the iceberg one.

ecs05norway

Validated User
Hmm, a few more recent fun ones...

Walk Two Lifetimes -- Bleach SI -- A young doctor finds herself dying and reborn as Hisana eventually-to-be-Kuchiki, Rukia's older sister, and sets out on a long, subtle campaign to improve things in Seireitei...

Potter Who and the Whossname's Thingummy -- Doctor Who / Harry Potter -- The Doctor is in distress. He's been sent to some sort of magic school. He's apparently been de-aged to a pre-teen. He's lost most of his memory. And apparently he's... Harry Potter?

The Odds Were Never In My Favor -- HP -- Voldemort went after the Longbottoms first. Neville is the Boy-Who-Lived. James Potter rots in Azkaban, accused of betraying them. Lily is years dead. And Alexandra Potter lives in durance vile with the Durseleys, until the day a letter arrives inviting her to a mysterious school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Darth Vader: Hero of Naboo -- SW -- Transported back in time from his death on the second Death Star to the Trade Federation's siege of Naboo, Vader decides to take advantage of the opportunity.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Seconding Double Agent Vader so very hard. The premise is completely ridiculous and doesn't QUITE hold up to examination compared to the canon, but by god will you want it to.

And it's actually a story of slavery and resistance, and tying this to Vader's past on Tatooine.

Top Bottom