• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Fantasy Craft] Spellbound is actually happening!

Pedantic

Idealist
Validated User
Check it out!

After years of delays and counter to the prevailing economic winds, Crafty is finally releasing Spellbound in Q1 next year, 900 spells and all. It's going to be a set of serialized PDFs by spell school and associated class, with a few extra inserts for feats and other rules content. All the PDFs, once released will be available in a bundled omnibus, and as a POD hardcopy as well.

I am so excited. This takes the number of spells in FC up ridiculously, adds a chunk of new class content and generally makes me dance around with joy. Spell casters have always been the least popular class options in my FC games, so I'm very excited to see them getting some love.

Falkus

Validated User
I never thought this day would come! This is going to be so awesome for my campaign :D

StevenC

Validated User
This is really great news. When my 13th Age game finishes up, the next on will likely be Fantasycraft. Truly good news.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
That's great news, I kind of hope this means they go back to actively supporting Fantasy Craft again. It is an excellent toolbox fantasy game and it deserved more supplement love. But even if it doesn't this will certainly be a nice addition to the line.

Ether

Validated User
Easily the best gaming news I've heard all month. I cannot wait...

I'm also interested in seeing what tomorrow's mystery reveal is going to be over at RPGNow.com... I hope it's made of awesome.

Stacie.Winters1

Banned
Validated User
About freaking time. :)

I just got done reading some of what they are doing and there was a response to the PoD only thing and them saying that the sales are simply not there to justify a print run...

THAT'S WHAT KICKSTARTER IS FOR!

Just had to say it. There are probably enough FantasyCraft fans who'd probably love to get this all in print who'd back the hell out of it on a kickstarter.

Last edited:

Pedantic

Idealist
Validated User
There's a specialized base class for each school, and I imagine the book will contain the infernalist and the mistdancer from their respective Call to Arms PDFs, but I can't recall if any other expert or master classes were previewed. The older previews specify 12 total classes. Here's the schools of magic and their three spell subtypes for reference:

Channeler: Energy, Force, Weather
Conjuror: Compass, Conversion, Creation
Enchanter: Charm, Healing, Nature
Preserver: Glory, Seals, Warding
Prophet: Blessing, Calling, Foresight
Reaper: Affliction, Necromancy, Shadow
Seer: Artifice, Divination, Word
Trickster: Illusion, Secrets, Shapeshifting

Last edited:

Balac

Validated User
Awesome. Now I just have to find the email I got when pre-ordering the darn thing two years ago.

FC lives! Woot!

Top Bottom