• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fantasy Flight Games "Netrunner" is dead

Senex

Gunboat Diplomat
Validated User
Well, that's shit. I've never been able to play as many games as I would've liked, but it's very disappointing to hear. I don't think there's another game with such good asymmetrical play.

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Well, that's extremely disappointing. I didn't get into it as much as I should due to constraints on both time and money, but the game design here was so good. Not only was it a fun card game to play, the game also managed to make the mechanics feel very much like it's theming.

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
Well damn, guess I should see about catching up on my data pack purchases then.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm bummed about this one. It's a game I always wanted to get into (it just looks like it oozes that cyberpunk feel!), but never got around to. Might be too late, now. :(

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
What aspects of the game does the license apply to? Is there any way it could be revived under another name?

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What aspects of the game does the license apply to? Is there any way it could be revived under another name?
It definitely covers the rule-system itself, as the differences from the original game aren't all that big.

(In fact, it might just cover the rules & the name, as FFG's version didn't use the original setting, which itself was a license by WotC of Cyberpunk 2020, & FFG has used their own devised cyberpunk setting for it & other stuff.)

PMAvers

Validated User
I believe the big thing is mechanics, which are licensed from the old CCG version.

Top Bottom