• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fantasy Review Week at RPGnet - June 16th -20th.

joela

Retired User
Judging

That's right, whether your review is the very best we've seen or just plain ole' good you have a chance to leave this event with a new game to check out.
Now I'm curious. Who will be judging? What are the criteria? And can we pay the bribe in installments? ;)

Last edited:

mitchw

Viral Marketing Shill?
Validated User
What happend to my "+" signs?:confused: All of the plus signs are missing from my review of "Forward… To Adventure!".

Mitch

C.W.Richeson

RPG Reviewer
RPGnet Member
Re: Judging

Now I'm curious. Who will be judging? What are the criteria? And can we pay the bribe in installments? ;)
Sophie Lagace, Allan Sugarbaker, and myself. It's a 1-10 scale based on whatever criteria the judge brings to the table. We used to use a very involved system, but it took so much time to review every review that we had to go with something a little more basic. Interestingly, I don't find any difference between the old detailed method and the current one. For the most part, it's been my experience that judges tend to agree on the top 5-10% with ease, and then most everything else falls within the same range.

Personally, I look for readability, information, critical analysis, and presentation, among other factors. I ask questions like "Do I understand what this game is about based on the review? Does the score seem related to the review text? Did I have fun reading this review?" I hope that helps!

Ficino

Rascally Rabbit
Validated User
Well, the E.P.T. thing is finally in. I missed the deadline, so I didn't bother to include 'Fantasy Week' in the title. Oh well, it wasn't going to win any awards anyway.

joela

Retired User
thank you

My three reviews were chosen and now live on-line. Yeah!

I want to thank Christopher and Allan for this opportunity. I'm now addicted to the fame and glory :D and plan to submit more reviews regularly in the future.

Keep on gaming!

Allan Sugarbaker

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: thank you

My three reviews were chosen and now live on-line. Yeah!

I want to thank Christopher and Allan for this opportunity. I'm now addicted to the fame and glory :D and plan to submit more reviews regularly in the future.
Excellent. Another reviewer hooked. ;)

Thanks for all the great submissions, folks. And big thanks to Chris for keeping things organized.

We'll do it again soon!

Top Bottom