• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

FASERIP/4C

Sam DZ015

Banned
Has anyone used the revision/simplification of the FASERIP rules 4C by Luis Porter? How do they stand up to the original FASERIP Marvel advanced game?

Sam DZ015

Banned
Apropos of nothing, how do you pronounce FASERIP anyway?
I just say "face rip", as in ripping one's face. The system was never officially called that, BTW, it's simply the first letters of the character's attributes...

Silverlion

Banned
Sadly its not as complete. It has a few bugaboos with trying to avoid the default usage of powers (Nine Lives, I think.) It's usage of Karma was an improvement. However, it needs a lot of work to be a whole game with solid, and clear explanations of how things work.

It also wasn't Porter, but Phillip Reed.

Last edited:

Sleeper

Red-eyed dust bunny
Validated User
Sadly its not as complete. It has a few bugaboos with trying to avoid the default usage of powers (Nine Lives, I think.) It's usage of Karma was an improvement. However, it needs a lot of work to be a whole game with solid, and clear explanations of how things work.

It also wasn't Porter, but Phillip Reed.
Philip Reed, I believe (one "l"), though oddly his name and the name of his co-author do not appear in the core rules.

Yes, poor editing overall: there are 29 instances of "p. 00", for instance (in a 32 page document). The decision not to include the master tables with the core rules is strange. Some of the advanced rules are more tacked on than integrated (e.g. none of the powers use the additional rows on the advanced master table). Attractive layout, though the game is very bare bones, without any gadgeteering rules, baseline supers, equipment, vehicles, and so on. So like most clones, it's very dependent on the original game for material. I really like the new karma rules however, even if they're a bit more powerful than the original.

Last edited:

Lazarus

Esoom G Noj
Validated User
"phase rip" for me.

4C ... I did a layout on the basic book for that thing. Phil Reed did an interesting license on it, though his name should be on each copy of it, IIRC? It's a good rewrite, things make a lot of sense. I believe the See P.00s are actually in the master text, as it is intended for others to build things around, not necessarily be its own book. At least, that was the intention once upon a time.

Laz

Top Bottom