OOC [Fate Core] Raiders of the Rim: A Star Wars Story

pstjmack

Validated User
Yeah works for me, I was trying to think if there's anything that seemed necessary or we should discuss, but I like that "we'll say we did if we need to" idea. If it's just plans we supposedly made, we can hash it out here and then just say "yup, we talked about that."
Oh for a Blades In The Dark-style flashback mechanic, huh? :LOL: Anyway we'll wing it.

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Actually... it was a bit lateadt night and I do t think I considered everything.

Do we want to open this Cargo pod here or wait until we reach civilization?

I was going to say that Bav wants to leave, though he can afford to take some time before doing so. If there is a means of making a profit here, he would want to do that.

Do these Dreadnoughters seem to be able to make the gravity mats? Do they have a surplus? We might be able to trade Secles's engineering knowledge on other systems for a bunch of those mats or the knowledge to make them.

If there is extra salvage fro. Those shuttles in the hangar bay that the Dreadnoughrers don't want we may be able to take that with us as well.

spectator

Registered
Validated User
I don't know how much say we have on the cargo pod any more. Zino would be glad to get out of here ASAP, nothing against the 'Noughters but they're a little... odd.

It strikes me that if we wanted to, I dunno, make some kind of conflict happen (just in case...), we could maybe turn that beacon back on. You know, the one on the pod that the kill-ship death-squads are following. I don't think that works to our benefit... yet.

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
I though we sent the beacon with the sled as part of our cunning decoy escape plan.

pstjmack

Validated User
There's going to be a bit of catching up and repositioning as part of your tasks, as well as invoking of Aspects. Suffice it to say that those mats are a huge potential temptation, and that the issue of the pod might come up sooner rather than later.

Yes, the beacon and the sled slid off into the Great Unknown with your pursuers haring after them. But Bav does have an implant that, in theory, will get his Fair, Faithful and Affordable crew to you once triggered - sooner or later.

Bear in mind also that the Dreadnaughters, however ready they are to let you go if you accomplish your tasks, clearly want nothing to do with the Outside. That's obviously a big taboo for their peculiar creed. So they're unlikely to warm to proposals to open up trade relations with the Outside. Think of those Sentinelese islanders in the Indian Ocean who aggressively repel any contact with the outside world.

pstjmack

Validated User
All, even though the Dreadnaughters are clear on what they want done first, there's nothing to stop you asking more about your respective tasks to get some background while they wait for Zino to pop the seals on the magic box.

Top Bottom