OOC [Fate Core] Raiders of the Rim: A Star Wars Story

pstjmack

Validated User
I had a similar thought, though more along the lines of a delaying tactic. "We shall talk of what is to come, but first allow my friends to prove their worth by completing the trials you placed before them"

This let's us move forward while Zino thinks about what he wants to say.. and has the chance to confer with us before he does so.
Yup, right now what you guys need is time out of the limelight to get your stories straight. With the other tasks shelved, you've lost a few options for that, but right now the Cap & co. will probably accede to a lot of your requests.

doombuggy23339

Validated User
Yup, right now what you guys need is time out of the limelight to get your stories straight. With the other tasks shelved, you've lost a few options for that, but right now the Cap & co. will probably accede to a lot of your requests.
If the Vermimoth is that dangerous, would restoring the dreadnought to functionality work? I was thinking of declaring that the Dreadnaughters have been doing a lot of basic maintenance by rote, so the ship is actually in pretty good condition. Would something like that work?

pstjmack

Validated User
If the Vermimoth is that dangerous, would restoring the dreadnought to functionality work? I was thinking of declaring that the Dreadnaughters have been doing a lot of basic maintenance by rote, so the ship is actually in pretty good condition. Would something like that work?
My read - and again, you can always spend a Fate point to declare a situational aspect and skew things your way - is that the Dreadnaughters have kept the ship more or less airtight and minimally functional (hatches, heating, etc.) Their legacy engineering smarts obviously don't go much beyond that. For instance, it doesn't look like anyone around you knows how to pilot a ship of any kind. Getting the dreadnaught moving is almost certainly beyond their current skills.

As for the summa-verminoth, it's almost certainly big enough to pull a dreadnaught apart, although not to swallow it at one gulp. That's why I'd recommend using whatever munitions are left in the dreadnaught's flight bays/magazines, along with Secles's well-known talent for making Very Big Bangs. Bombs that can take out a star destroyer in a lucky bomb run will certainly be able to finish off the summa-verminoth. Once again, the Dreadnaughters just haven't had the skills to do that.

pstjmack

Validated User
That's not a good sign, I suppose RL has demanded more of his attention.

He hasn't been on since May 1st and this was the last thread he posted in.
I reckon Bav should take up his destined leadership role. If there's any need to play Zino, I'll do it for now, but it'll be mostly seconding/parroting anything Bav says.

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Okay, I'll post in a bit to sidestep the issue as I mentioned above, letting us move forward with the other trials for the time being.

If Zino's not back by the time the trial's are done we'll move forward as you suggest.

Top Bottom