OOC [Fate Core] Raiders of the Rim: A Star Wars Story

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Again, I'm fine either way... miscommunication like this is one of the struggles of PbP.

I was just trying to clarify my intent since people started talking about dead droids.

spectator

Registered
Validated User
Fair point, I'm actually not sure how a flying droid would work in space. I'd been assuming "not all that well" since it's just a repulsor-whatever unit and no rockets or engines or anything.

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
How are we doing?

I'd post in the IC to keep things moving but I feel like I've been posting a lot already.

pstjmack

Validated User
How are we doing?

I'd post in the IC to keep things moving but I feel like I've been posting a lot already.
Your plan is all nicely set in motion and rolling. And yes, it's time for someone else to do the bail-out onto the dreadnought hulk once the sled is across the short gap. That's so easy it's hardly worth an Athletics roll, btw.

Raveled

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
I think this is time for me to bow out. It's increasingly obvious that this game is nothing what I wanted it to be, and trying to force Dazin to still be part of it is just going to keep slowing things down. Feel free to have him get shot, or trigger his backpack at the wrong time and go shooting off into space. It's probably would he would do, anyway.

pstjmack

Validated User
I think this is time for me to bow out. It's increasingly obvious that this game is nothing what I wanted it to be, and trying to force Dazin to still be part of it is just going to keep slowing things down. Feel free to have him get shot, or trigger his backpack at the wrong time and go shooting off into space. It's probably would he would do, anyway.
No worries, understood, and sorry it wasn't going where you wanted. I'll put it out there first for the team to see if they can come up with an appropriately heroic ending.

pstjmack

Validated User
So Secles gets an open free invocation on Bav to be exercised at some future date of his choosing.

Meanwhile, since Raveled wants to bow out, I suggest his character gets caught with some bizarre mishap during the bailout that still gets you all an advantage with the pursuers - maybe his foot caught in the sled gear and a bizarre death pirouette that convinces the vac-mooks that everyone really did crash with the sled. If you want to propose a different idea between you, though, hit me.

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
That sounds good, except for the death part.

I'd leave it vague and off camera, so in the small chance Raveled follows the game and likes how it plays after this initial starter mission, he has the chance to drop back in.

spectator

Registered
Validated User
Sorry to see you go, Raveled. I've been slow a bit lately myself, wrestling with the mobile interface (just not used to it).

pstjmack

Validated User
OK, sent him off into the Ring in a last heroic diversion, which he may or may not survive to come back later - doing a sort of mini-Obi Wan with sled instead of lightsabers.

Top Bottom