• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Fate Core] Raiders of the Rim: A Star Wars Story

doombuggy23339

Validated User
Secles
0/3
Secles avidly takes in the cargo bay, fascinated by the cvilization the Dreadnaughters have managed to build here.

OOC:
Notice 4dF+2: 3

spectator

Registered
Validated User
Zino is usually more comfortable getting to know people when they can't see him in return. This total opposite of anonymity isn't his preferred set up, but there isn't much choice about it now, is there? They'd been friendly so far though, and more importantly, they hadn't scoffed at him for being sure the Force was somehow on his side.

"Cap, it's, ahh, very nice to... To... Make your acquaintance," Zino says taking one respectful step forwards and doing an uncertain kind of half-bow gesture. "You have an impressive, uhm, station... thing... here. The Force must really be with you."

OOC: I'll probably want to do some kind of Empathy roll to get a read on the Cap, but that'll take at least a little interaction I'm sure so I'll save it for now. I'll try to remember in a bit, but if you think of it let me know when that seems appropriate.

Also, I realized I can't edit my character sheet because it's an old post now (of course), so I'm gonna drop a little footer here to keep track of the more fluid stats.

Fate Points: 4 / Stress: Physical 1.2 Mental 1.2.3 KD 1.2 / Consequences: --

pstjmack

Validated User
Secles
0/3
Secles avidly takes in the cargo bay, fascinated by the cvilization the Dreadnaughters have managed to build here.

OOC:
Notice 4dF+2: 3
The vast vault is lit patchily by the same weird combination of cold luminescence, standard bulkhead lamps, and fires and torches as elsewhere in the derelict. Obviously the ship has nothing like a consistent enough power supply to keep it lit. Yet everything obviously sticks to the "ground." That deck must be carpeted in a system's worth of G-mats.

Secles also notices the evident primitiveness of many of the shanty dwellings, and indeed the people have the same mixed air of advancement and extremely basic dress and behaviour. Obviously their cultural level has gone back to the tribal, and stayed there.

pstjmack

Validated User
Zino is usually more comfortable getting to know people when they can't see him in return. This total opposite of anonymity isn't his preferred set up, but there isn't much choice about it now, is there? They'd been friendly so far though, and more importantly, they hadn't scoffed at him for being sure the Force was somehow on his side.

"Cap, it's, ahh, very nice to... To... Make your acquaintance," Zino says taking one respectful step forwards and doing an uncertain kind of half-bow gesture. "You have an impressive, uhm, station... thing... here. The Force must really be with you."

OOC: I'll probably want to do some kind of Empathy roll to get a read on the Cap, but that'll take at least a little interaction I'm sure so I'll save it for now. I'll try to remember in a bit, but if you think of it let me know when that seems appropriate.

Also, I realized I can't edit my character sheet because it's an old post now (of course), so I'm gonna drop a little footer here to keep track of the more fluid stats.

Fate Points: 4 / Stress: Physical 1.2 Mental 1.2.3 KD 1.2 / Consequences: --

The leader of the raiding party steps forward and puts a hand on Zino's shoulder, in a reproving but not unfriendly gesture. Evidently, you're to go no nearer the Cap, for now.

"My lord, these three visitors are here as fugitives from the Outside. I judge them as escapees, not spies. And by the grace of the Force, they have brought something else with them."

He motions some of his subordinates forward, and they step forth hesitantly, bearing the statis pod.

"Behold," he announces.

The figure in the chair humps forward. You see it's a man, yet one whose face is so dessicated and scarred that he looks like a piece of twisted fire-leaf. His eyes, though, are still bright blue and burning with intensity as he stares at the newcomers, and the pod.

spectator

Registered
Validated User
Zino takes a small step back again, not wanting to cause offense but more importantly, not wanting to cause trouble. Especially when feeling so exposed. He looks sidelong at the pod when it's brought forward, then quickly over at his companions. His eyes are wide, uncertain--what do we say about that?

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
"Cap," Bav said as took the lead. He managed to keep from stepping forward after he saw the response to Zino's movement.

"We thank your for the hospitality. As we told the leader of the team that found us, the ship were were on was attacked, and we were left stranded with nothing but this cargo and the suits we wear. Even then we weren't safe, because the men who destroyed our employer's ship tried to hunt us down to retrieve it. Only by faking ou deaths hand hiding within the cargo bay of the Dreadnought did we lose them."

"I say this because we are thankful for the safety the Dreadnought provided us, and to the Dreadnoughters for taking is in. I say it also a warning... I'm afraid these men may try to search this hull to look for us. The chance is minute, but they are many and their weapons advanced. We would not wish you or your people to suffer harm because of us."

OOC: this would be a rapport CAA to create the "Respectful Cooperation" aspect. I can roll promos when I get back to my computer or you can do it on your own to move things forward.

pstjmack

Validated User
"Cap," Bav said as took the lead. He managed to keep from stepping forward after he saw the response to Zino's movement.

"We thank your for the hospitality. As we told the leader of the team that found us, the ship were were on was attacked, and we were left stranded with nothing but this cargo and the suits we wear. Even then we weren't safe, because the men who destroyed our employer's ship tried to hunt us down to retrieve it. Only by faking ou deaths hand hiding within the cargo bay of the Dreadnought did we lose them."

"I say this because we are thankful for the safety the Dreadnought provided us, and to the Dreadnoughters for taking is in. I say it also a warning... I'm afraid these men may try to search this hull to look for us. The chance is minute, but they are many and their weapons advanced. We would not wish you or your people to suffer harm because of us."

OOC: this would be a rapport CAA to create the "Respectful Cooperation" aspect. I can roll promos when I get back to my computer or you can do it on your own to move things forward.
The Cap regards you with ancient, bright eyes, and responds in archaic Basic, in a voice as dry and dessicated as his flesh, yet full of authority.

"We welcome you Inside, and we thank you for your concern. We Dreadnaughters are wise in the ways of hiding our tracks, and we know the damnable dangers of the Outside. Fugitives who respect the ways of the Inside are our welcome guests. We only ask you to heed our ways, and keep our secrets."

He looks up at you with birdlike intensity, obviously expecting a reply.

OOC: I'll give you a free pass on the Rapport roll for now, since progression in this aspect is so essential. There will be more fun ways to establish the flavour of the encounters later via other Aspect evocations.

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Bav

The Bimm nodded, pleased that things were proceeding smoothly, at least at the moment. He had half expected the Cap to recognize the container as something from the Dr ewe adnoughters. Perhaps my run of bad luck is finally over.

"We do not yet know all of your ways Cap, but from what we've seen so far I do not think that will be an issue."

The entrepreneur paused for a moment, broaching a subject that may be sensitive, given what he'd heard so far. "I cannot speak for my companions in this regard, but I for one will need to return to the Outside at some point. Just like the Cap takes care of the Dreadnoughters, I too have people I'm responsible for, and they are out there. They are capable and can take care of themselves for now... but I cannot abandon them."

pstjmack

Validated User
Bav

The Bimm nodded, pleased that things were proceeding smoothly, at least at the moment. He had half expected the Cap to recognize the container as something from the Dr ewe adnoughters. Perhaps my run of bad luck is finally over.

"We do not yet know all of your ways Cap, but from what we've seen so far I do not think that will be an issue."

The entrepreneur paused for a moment, broaching a subject that may be sensitive, given what he'd heard so far. "I cannot speak for my companions in this regard, but I for one will need to return to the Outside at some point. Just like the Cap takes care of the Dreadnoughters, I too have people I'm responsible for, and they are out there. They are capable and can take care of themselves for now... but I cannot abandon them."
The Cap smiles ingratiatingly, but there's a tension in the air, and you can see his guards shifting their positions and coming closer to a ready stance.

"We do not wish to detain any with us against their will, even if they are eager to return to the terrors of the Outside. But we ask of them three things. That they talk to the Oracle, to tell of what has passed in the universe Outside. That they never reveal us to anyone Outside. And that they perform one task each for us, to earn our trust."

OOC: Situational aspect: Win Your Freedom

doombuggy23339

Validated User
Secles
"And what might this task entail?" Secles asks, eyeing the guards and very carefully not reaching for his repeater.
OOC: Sorry for my absence, guys; I had some pretty heavy family stuff going on that I needed to take care of.

Top Bottom