• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Fate Grand Order Thread III: We Saved the World and all we got was a Stupid Gacha

ESkemp

Validated User
You know, there are fictional Servants, and there are author Servants, but they haven't yet done the obvious thing of having both author and original creation meet. You could theoretically have Shakespeare run into Julius Caesar, sure, but man. It'd be fun if they had Macbeth (Saber), Miranda (Caster), Hamlet (Assassin), or Lear (Berserker). Or Casters like Dumas or Hugo or Shelley.

I'd also groove on a Holy Grail War scenario where Andre-Louis Moreau, aka Scaramouche, was the representative Saber, though I realize that the odds are high that as primary Saber, he would need to be a pretty blonde in a dress. What can I say? I like the literary squad.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
There is a Dumas caster in one of the light novel series. I haven't read them, but looking at the picture of Dumas pere on the Type Moon wiki, I'm not ok with it.

I do like the idea and it would probably work with another author. Someone that they're less likely to whitewash.

ESkemp

Validated User
Ugh.

Ah yes, the familiar hope for a little more diversity and then the reminder that some people manage to do better by not trying.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I find it interesting that the physical description of the character on that Wiki specifically notes that he has light brown skin. Someone really screwed up the drawing.

CaButler

Validated User
I finished up the Orion interlude. It did not go the direction I thought it would.

After Punch Saint realizes that love is weird, Orion escapes and gets captured by Nursery Rhyme, who then turns him into chocolate to take to her Princess, who happens to be Brynhild, but she returns him because he isn’t Sigurd. And then they go back to the trip and the wacky adventures to follow.

So... yeah, they kind of deserve each other.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
I love Dumas. The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite old novel. The Three Musketeers is outstanding. Would it kill them to give Dumas an Afro? All the pictures of him I have seen show him with one.

The Fireballed Mage

Validated User
Man, what a difference a year makes.

Last time, as a new Master, I struggled and barely managed to scape three copies of Moonlight Fest together. Fighting that demon, then Caligula, Altera, and Caesar for paltry drops in Expert was rough.

Now? My level 100 max Fou'ed NP3 Ishtar backed up by Grailed Jalter and a support Quetz simply looks at them and they burst into flames.

Ironically, event repeats are actually... fun. It's a good way for new players to experience what the old and wrinkly have already done so the fan-base has common experiences. And for us relics it's a neat way to feel more powerful.

It keeps programing costs down --thus spiking profits-- but, I'm not angry or bitter. Like I said, it's remarkable how much fun it is to steamroll what was once such a headache.

Top Bottom