Fate Grand Order Thread III: We Saved the World and all we got was a Stupid Gacha

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
I've been running the first 40 AP node with two Poster Girls and it's definitely giving mats. It's not a great droprate, but it's not so bad that I feel like I'm wasting my time. I've been skipping the Guda-Os because I have Okita which means I can hit 400% bonus without having any copies. Given how much I plan to grind for mats in the higher end nodes, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to cap out the points without any copies for myself.

But I have gotten two of the golden skulls already, and started emptying out the giant pile of embers.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
Seriously guys, Guda-O’s are useful. Having a friend with an MLBd Guda-O and Okita is great, but without any Guda-Os for the dailies it might be hard to hit all the Nobus. I had four from last time and a max bonus team minus Okita and I still bought one. Without them, you will be burning Apples.

ESkemp

Validated User
The utility of the Guda-Os is undeniable. The trouble is that if you're low on event CEs, to get the 600 kettles necessary to buy the last two Guda-Os from the shop in prompt fashion, you have to spend a bunch of apples anyway. So it's sort of a question of spending apples at the front to get good returns on more daily quests, or spending apples at the back to catch up on points and mats when the choicer nodes unlock.

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
Welp. I just got a Guda-O drop from the Sanjiva farming node.

Now to decide if I want to MLB it enough to grind out the mats for the other four copies.

(RNG apparently likes me right now)

Quartz Falcon

Validated User
Doesn't MLB-ing an event CE just gives it the effect of two event CEs in one? Keep them separate; you can save yourself 300 kettles that way.

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
I mean. I wasn't buying the CEs before; with Okita in my lineup, I don't actually need them to get well over a million points off the dailies.

I'd be MLBing it to have it MLBed. It's not very good, but hey. Also, the argument of 4x (or 5x) regular CEs vs. 1 double strength MLBed version should factor in party capacity; 5 5 star CEs burns a LOT of that, which I also need for bringing Okita and Nobu and Emiya and other people capable of killing things to any given party.

CaButler

Validated User
I mean. I wasn't buying the CEs before; with Okita in my lineup, I don't actually need them to get well over a million points off the dailies.

I'd be MLBing it to have it MLBed. It's not very good, but hey. Also, the argument of 4x (or 5x) regular CEs vs. 1 double strength MLBed version should factor in party capacity; 5 5 star CEs burns a LOT of that, which I also need for bringing Okita and Nobu and Emiya and other people capable of killing things to any given party.
For the event, I would say not to MLB it yet. Instead, place it on one of your support characters. If the player needs it and they're on a servant they need, they'll pick them. It'll help with FP if you need it.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was worried about an Assassin wave, but Waver/Raikou/Merlin takes care of it. And it's really funny that they'll focus Merlin before Raikou.

ESkemp

Validated User
I was worried about an Assassin wave, but Waver/Raikou/Merlin takes care of it. And it's really funny that they'll focus Merlin before Raikou.
If she's still ballsy enough to be a Berserker carrying a taunt CE, yeah.

Man, I hate those ghosts. I borrowed a Jalter for that, and with Medea and da Vinci running all the Arts they had at their disposal, the Noble Phantasms carried the day. Da Vinci's been sitting at 70 for a while, two feathers shy of Ascending again (and her NP charge skill), with a whole bunch of Caster embers in the archive from that last furious 1/2 AP try for Archer embers -- this fight was a whole lot of me saying to myself "I am soooooo cloooose to making fights like this a bit smoother."

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
If she's still ballsy enough to be a Berserker carrying a taunt CE, yeah.

Man, I hate those ghosts. I borrowed a Jalter for that, and with Medea and da Vinci running all the Arts they had at their disposal, the Noble Phantasms carried the day. Da Vinci's been sitting at 70 for a while, two feathers shy of Ascending again (and her NP charge skill), with a whole bunch of Caster embers in the archive from that last furious 1/2 AP try for Archer embers -- this fight was a whole lot of me saying to myself "I am soooooo cloooose to making fights like this a bit smoother."
Maybe burn through the Event Point levels to get Feathers? I've gotten a couple, I know.

Top Bottom