• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fate Grand Order Thread III: We Saved the World and all we got was a Stupid Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quartz Falcon

Validated User
So I managed to clear Babylon, leaving only the Final Battles of Part 1 pending before the event starts. It looks like it's possible to get the stuff I need with slightly more than half the natural AP, so I can probably afford to start the CCC event a few days late.

Overall, I still prefer Camelot. The plot highs aren't as frequent and are mostly near the end, the cast isn't as strong (Ushi and Benkei are barely there, and Ushi Alter is such BS as a boss that she sours the experience - if they're excised from the anime, I wouldn't be surprised) and while Ishtar and Gil grew on me, neither makes the best first impression.

Still, the highs are pretty great: Quetz is the Best, Merlin was pretty cool, Leonidas and King Hassan did wonders with their small screentime, Ereshkigal was a delight and Kingu was a good antagonist with a solid arc.

Overall, I'd rate it as slightly above America. Still looking forward to how the anime adapts this.

(Also hoping the anime will show Tomoe fighting Girtabilu in a flashback)

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Since I know I'll be whaling for Caster Nero, I'll likely end up with a couple of copies of Berserker Nobunaga, which I don't mind because she's got a great design going for her in the summer.
Oh, man, I forgot about Berserker Nobu.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
Summer is going to bankrupt me. I want everyone in the first banner (and will probably whale for NP5 Nitocris) and NEED Rider Alter. I'm looking forward to it.

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
Ooof, came down to the wire, but I managed to also catch up on interludes. Gonna pull with tix in the morning to see where I'm at in terms of CEs then I'll set my friends list accordingly.

ESkemp

Validated User
I'm vaguely sorry I didn't do Fergus' interlude before. It's unexpectedly (or perhaps expectedly) hilarious.

totenblume

Validated User
I have continually stressed about Summer. Obviously all my quartz go to Kiara, neither Summer servant I'm into has anything nearly as good. But...

On one hand, I like vanilla Fran better than Saber Alter. Her story is cute, she has some fucking hilarious lines in what I've seen translated of the event, and I could really use a DPS ST Saber. On the other, I really don't like her voice compared to normal and it's all a bit too cutesy when I prefer her as the vaguely spooky mute woobie.

Meanwhile, Maid Alter is completely hilarious and amazing('Let me be the one to say it. Do you have any problems with this coat? A maid is she who presides over discipline, over law. Meaning I recognize them as a military force. I shall say it again. Do you have any problems with this outfit?'), I like her more than Swimsuit Fran, and I also could really really use a ST Rider, but she's a 5* on a banner with a four-star who I find hilarious but whose design is unspeakable and a four-star who I think I'd be on a FBI watchlist for rolling.

CaButler

Validated User
Looks like the maintenance period got extended. So much for my plans for an early morning roll. Don't worry, Melt. You'll be in Chaldea soon enough. We'll just need to do something about your knee spikes so you don't accidentally stab the staff while walking around.

ESkemp

Validated User
Got in and did my alotted ten-pull. Was hoping for Suzuka. Was expecting trash. What I got? For the second time, a silver Lancer card started turning gold. I was expecting an NP2 Bathory as she pulled that stunt last time -- and I got Fionn his first Ascension last night in a bout of "Raise the Ones You Have," so could have been him again, but this time?
Spoiler: Show

Ironically, last week I was the one throwing a scant few tickets at his banner. I guess he got the message, just took his time to arrive.

I am well and truly in a Lancer Hell that I will never escape from, but I think I'm okay with that. And I guess I know what I'm doing with these silver fruits on Lancer/Assassin day...

Last edited:

CaButler

Validated User
Did 8 10 rolls earlier in the hopes of getting Melt. Didn't get her and got a lot of bare min rolls.

But I did come away with one gold servant card.

And yes, her... claws are much bigger in person. She's already in my support list but very under leveled. If you use her, keep her in the backline to rake up those sweet, sweet bonuses.

I'll try for Melt again later, after playing through the game a bit more.

Speaking of BB, it seems that some of the Fate channels on Youtube have been having fun with the event in their own way, mostly involving BB hacking their channels in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom