• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fate Grand Order Thread IV: Lies, Damn Lies, and Rate-Up

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
After 2000+ posts, it's time for a new title.

My choice for the free 4-star is Gorgon. Nothing short of releasing Parvati early or putting Nitocris Assassin in as a choice could change my mind. I need to get every Gorgon to max level.

Tomorrow, I'll do Jeanne's new interlude and have a fully armed and operational battle station. Then it's onto the crazy new challenge quest.

Old threads:
Thread III
Thread II
Thread I

Solarn

Validated User
Meanwhile, I just finished Septem, and hoo boy, that sure was something. I think the worst part is that the writing isn't uniformly bad, so there are constant glimpses of something better that never get realized and he story feels all the worse for it. How did they manage to create this abomination after they already landed a decent enough first chapter with Orleans?

Quartz Falcon

Validated User
Meanwhile, I just finished Septem, and hoo boy, that sure was something. I think the worst part is that the writing isn't uniformly bad, so there are constant glimpses of something better that never get realized and he story feels all the worse for it. How did they manage to create this abomination after they already landed a decent enough first chapter with Orleans?
Different writers, mostly. Orleans was written by the author of Fate Apocrypha, so he took this as a chance to explore Jeanne through another angle than the one taken there. The main writer for Septem just treated the job as "writing for a gacha": shill the story-locked Nero, hint a little at Altera since the then-upcoming Extella will do all the work of making people care about her.

CaButler

Validated User
And being the Nero fanboy that I am, it really did hurt me to see how bad Septem was. The Emperor deserved a better story!

I don't know who I'll go for my freebie 4 star, but likely it'll be somebody I don't have that isn't limited, so it'll probably be the Berserker of El Dorardo.

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
When is the freebie? I feel like I can never find that info on the wikis.

ESkemp

Validated User
The good news is the singularities get better now. I personally enjoyed 3, though most agree the writing really picks up around 6.

It took command seals to beat the Rashomon challenge quest, but I didn't even think I could do it, so I'm calling it a win. Took out 10 of the 14 hands before TPK, and only had three Servants left at the end, but Herc walked into a Charisma boost with a full NP bar and two more Buster cards at just the right time. Summon ticket was a garbage CE of course, but the mat drops make up for it.

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
When is the freebie? I feel like I can never find that info on the wikis.
The freebie should drop sometime in August-September, IIRC.

And I am pretty sure I am picking up Helena for my free unit, and chancing getting Penth when I roll for Osakabehime in October.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In Japan, it ran from September 24 to October 4, 2017, so expect it to be within about a week of those dates this year for us. The full list of Servants available is visible at the wiki, if anyone wants to start thinking about who they want to get.

I'm still deciding who I'll go for. Most of the ones that really grab me I already have, so that makes it harder. There's several that I'd sort of like, but aren't story-locked, so I could still get them on rolls on other banners, like Rama, Saber Lancelot, or Nitocris, so I'm a bit averse to them. Currently my front-running candidates are Altria Alter, Gawain, Tristan, Avenger of Shinjuku, or Berserker of El Dorado (who isn't story-locked, but is always on banners with a Servant I would hate to get). None of them really do much to fill a hole in my lineup, so it'd mostly come down to personality.

nightwyrm

Validated User
I'll be rolling that banner for Saber Alter and use the ticket for her if I can't get her from the gacha. If I do get her, I'm not sure who I'll use the ticket for instead.

Quartz Falcon

Validated User
I'm split between using the freebie on a story-lock I don't have yet (so... Salter, Gawain, Nero, Tristan, Medea Lily or Gorgon) or to cover a hole in my gold Servant lineup (an ST Assassin like Carmilla or Kiritsugu, any AOE Saber).

Top Bottom