• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fate Grand Order Thread IV: Lies, Damn Lies, and Rate-Up

ESkemp

Validated User
I have to admit, the more I use a guest Rider Salter to farm instant noodles, the more I like her NP; the color coordination in it is just great. Can't really justify diverting resources for a small chance at rolling her, especially with my current Rider surplus, but I'm sorry she didn't fluke into my Chaldea. She's a lot of fun to watch in combat.

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
Well, she will be a permanent replacement for Quetz on my support list, so you can always borrow that one. I just need more QP and gems to properly skill her up.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I had kinda dismissive of Malter until I saw all three of her Ascensions. The maid bikini didn't do anything for me but the other two are pretty stylish.

Last edited:

ESkemp

Validated User
That's the advantage of the Support system; characters you didn't try hard for but like to use every now and again can always guest star. I'm not sure I'll need her often -- ST Rider is basically 33% of my SSR population right now, and Quetz is the one eating my 4* Fous -- but she's definitely worth taking for the occasional spin.

(I probably shouldn't be planning to spend a ten-roll on the combined Medb/Xuanzang banner because getting Medb would be good and also a step closer to peak ST Rider redundancy, but Part II of the event did its job in showcasing why Medb rocks. Also, Xuanzang.)

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
(I probably shouldn't be planning to spend a ten-roll on the combined Medb/Xuanzang banner because getting Medb would be good and also a step closer to peak ST Rider redundancy, but Part II of the event did its job in showcasing why Medb rocks. Also, Xuanzang.)
It was pretty insidious to give us a Medb costume to make us want her. Although maybe that's just me, but I am also really good on single target Riders so rolling on a rate-up is hard to justify.

ESkemp

Validated User
I didn't use all my budgeted summer SQ, so part of me says "You still have two ten-rolls you were planning to spend anyway!" and my wife says "Save it!" So I'm going to compromise and spend one. I think the next Servant I genuinely want and have a reasonable shot at if I save up is Tomoe, but I'm not sure I want to save a lot and go hard on a Servant who's joining the general pool. Of course, the bonus is a shot at Musashi, but the cautionary tale is PenguinZero's recent Nobu-related woes, so...

Gacha is an unpredictable lying mess.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It was pretty insidious to give us a Medb costume to make us want her. Although maybe that's just me, but I am also really good on single target Riders so rolling on a rate-up is hard to justify.
I am actually freaking furious about that costume right now.

I have Medb, and I was excited to finally get a stylish prison warden outfit for her instead of her ludicrous existing ones.

And then I got it.

And you don't get the outfit with the fucking jacket. The cool jacket. The fancy jacket. You get the bra and panties and hat. There is no way to put Medb in a freaking coat.

Bragh.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
It's a big fluffy cloak over a corset-thing.

Medb's new outfit has to be like this. She's referencing Naziploitation sex movies. What else would she look like?*

*Not my actual opinion, that argument is the same as the one for Lancer Raikou. If I want a Medb ascension where she is in her underwear, I've already got two of them. I'm fine with the new one, but having her in a Warden coat would be cool too. I do like her hat, though.

Top Bottom