• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fate Grand Order Thread IV: Lies, Damn Lies, and Rate-Up

CaButler

Validated User
Knowing the proclivity of the Nasuverse, I look forward to a secretly female Ruler Georgette Washington and his cabal of Masonic wizards sealing in some great Beast under DC, via the architecture of Foreigner Pierre L’Enfant.

Maybe toss in Dumas?
I'm actually surprised they dont have a playable Charlemagne yet.
I'd like to see what they could do with Don Quixote and summon windmill giants, myself. Bonus points if they end up looking like the Nether Gundam.
Actually, they do have a playable Charlemagne. Two of them, actually, but they're only in Fate/Extella Link.

Tsuzurao

Validated User
Curious which of the Banner 2 Servants will be the 5-star. At a guess, Okita on account of fan demand (plus she is of course a Saberface), but they could always surprise me and make Prinny Melt a 5-star.
Hard to say. They've kinda already broken their usual pattern for 5* Summer Servants (usually it's one who was drawn by Takeuchi, and one who was drawn by Wada Arco, but Musashi is neither).

(Even if I wish they'd give Altera something meatier in the story. Perhaps an Avenger version with Teardrop Phantom Ray instead of just Phantom Ray to befit her being the King of Destruction. Anyway.)
Avenger is the class about undying hatred and vengeance. That wouldn't fit Altera's character in the slightest, given she was mostly unfeeling during the destruction she wrought, and doesn't have much hate in her as her current self.

If anything, I'd expect any future alt-classes of her to either go Rider to fit with the Huns, or Foreigner to continue the connection to the Velber.

Dumas exists in Fate. Not FGO, I think it’s strange fake. He is a white dude Caster. All of my hate.
If Dumas as a white guy could get retconned, that'd be swell.
The first image presented of him (and the only colour image that is posted on his Type-Moon wiki page) seems to have a much paler art palette than following official art of him uses. Try looking at the following official images:
Spoiler: Show
(the head of the man in the upper-right)
and
Spoiler: Show

He's distinctly darker-skinned than many of the characters around him, which matches up with him being... 1/4 African, if I recall correctly?

Last edited:

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
That second one is better, but the first one still has him being just as pale as the other white/Japanese people. And the second one still has him looking very light-skinned, he's not even standard EMIYA dark. Plus, Dumas had an afro. I demand that any Servant version have an afro.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have to admit, when I first saw that poster and knew Dumas was in it, I legit thought he was the guy with the afro. It wasn't until I saw the second portrait that I realized he wasn't.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
It is a better representation. It's a little Samuel L. for what Dumas actually looked like, but if you're going to screw around with the appearance of a famous European black man from the 1800's, that's the side that I would err on.

Significantly less important than arguing about Alexandre Dumas Pere's skin color, QP goes fucking fast. I was like 'I'mma wait till I get to 30 Million QP before I try and get any more Embers because it's not like I can use Embers without QP' and was also like 'I need to beat that Gulganna Challenge Quest without Command Seals' and spent 5 AP, and ended up down 25 Million QP in about a minute. I still need to beat Gulganna without Command Seals, but I don't know if really have the QP for it. Upside: Mash has a 10 skill. Downside: Down to 600k QP.

The Fireballed Mage

Validated User
I know that feeling.

"Ha ha ha!! Abusing the Archer 40 AP daily, the Archer nodes in the prison (and a stupid amount of Golden Apples), I finally managed to claw together 12 Secret Gems of Archer! Now I can get Squirtoria's Arts Booster from 6 to 7! After that I've got reams of ascension items and Crystallized Lores, so Lv 10 Arts Boost, here I come!" (And ignoring the 29 more Secret Gems I need for her other skills. I don't want to cry.)

*Gets Arts Booster to Lv 9, where it stalls.*

"What do you mean I can't go to 10? How much QP do I need?"

20M.

"Oh... yeah. Squirtle is a hungry girl. Also... I raised Rider Ishstar and her skills a few days ago. How much do I have left?"

65K.

"Well... fuc-"

Barret

Validated User
Also in 2 years, Summer Event 4's gimmick will be literally betting QP on battles so everyone should probably save up a decent amount before it starts.

thuryl

Validated User
Yeah, I tend to farm pretty hard on lottery events, so I had a long stretch of the game where QP wasn't a problem, but I've finally managed to run myself out in the process of skilling up new Servants. Good thing Nerofest is just around the corner.

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
Actually, they do have a playable Charlemagne. Two of them, actually, but they're only in Fate/Extella Link.
I did sorta mean in FGO, yes. We have art, we know what they look like, we have some of his companions, but he's not in fgo yet. It just strikes me as odd they haven't tossed him in yet.

Constructman

Validated User
Is it ever explained how Mufasa Lion King survived the collapse of the Camelot Singularity and ended up in Vegas two years later? Or is this "jokes are deepest lore"?
I did sorta mean in FGO, yes. We have art, we know what they look like, we have some of his companions, but he's not in fgo yet. It just strikes me as odd they haven't tossed him in yet.
They might be waiting for a dedicated Extella event to debut him. Or they'll surprise us by dumping him in the British Lostbelt. Who knows.

Top Bottom