• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fate Grand Order Thread IV: Lies, Damn Lies, and Rate-Up

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
Outside of FGO, has there ever been a non-horrible caster anywhere....
Caster in Tonight's Menu for the Emiya Family is pretty adorbs. Also, I'm not convinced that Shakespeare is too bad in Apocrypha. He's wrong, but it's not necessarily his fault.

In game, I'm farming Bones. Farming Bones sucks, they don't drop often and they only cost 4AP, so lots and lots of tiny, worthless fights.

ESkemp

Validated User
I don't pretend to have been paying full attention to the dialogue in Last Encore, but Nursery Rhyme seemed rather non-horrible. Which makes it all the stranger that she's commonly teamed up with Jack.

Dawgstar

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't pretend to have been paying full attention to the dialogue in Last Encore, but Nursery Rhyme seemed rather non-horrible. Which makes it all the stranger that she's commonly teamed up with Jack.
It's often commented on how good an influence the MC is on some of the more... troublesome Servants, with Jack being a prime example. By the time you've hit Bond Level 5 with Jack, the MC is now "Mommy" and tries her best to be a good girl for whatever values the MC decides is 'good' so a lot of her rough edges have been smoothed out.

Mostly. She'll still cut somebody without out a second thought, but (probably) only if the MC told her to.

Interludes:

Scathach wants to die, because she's tired of not being able to. Even Gae Bolg can't rewrite causality to kill her because there's no future where she's dead, but that does make sense as the only thing that could end her (although I guess she's never spoken to Shiki). Of course, hanging around the Master has given her the thing she loves to do - fight strong enemies - because at hear Shishou is a thug. Maybe that's why she loosened up enough to go Assassin.
Later is kind of a damp squib. She wanted to... fight someone? Herself? Eh, whatever. There's just not a lot there. Still, I don't sneeze at her NP being ranked to EX.

ESkemp

Validated User
Eh, whatever. There's just not a lot there.
That is, between My Room conversations and story appearances and Interlude and event participation and pretty much everything else I've seen, Lalter's narrative summation. Pretty great horse, though. Probably makes dullahans jealous.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nursery Rhyme is basically Jack's perfect companion, because she tries to be a happy friend to children, and Jack's whole thing is being a loved-starved abandoned child who kills people because people hurt her.

Apocrypha Spoilers:

Spoiler: Show
Even in Apocrypha, Jack was loving to her own "Mom" - the human sacrifice that she saved from the wizard who tried to summon her, because she saw that wizard as evil and the sacrifice as her mother. The tragedy of Jack was that she was a victim, but she was also a monster that had to be killed; in a situation like FGO, with enough mana that she doesn't need to kill and with actual monsters to turn her blade against, she can answer love with love and be waaaaaay less awful.

Solarn

Validated User
Well then. I spent a ticket on the Saber banner last night because I figured why not and got Caesar. Then I realized I only had one ticket left and that's no good for anything so I might as well spend it. Got a silver card again, was prepared for it to be someone boring, then suddenly it turned gold. Anyway, long story short, I now have Suzuka Gozen in my Chaldea.

Dawgstar

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That is, between My Room conversations and story appearances and Interlude and event participation and pretty much everything else I've seen, Lalter's narrative summation. Pretty great horse, though. Probably makes dullahans jealous.
Going off her My Room conversations it feels like she was part of some massive story line we never got to see.

ESkemp

Validated User
Well then. I spent a ticket on the Saber banner last night because I figured why not and got Caesar. Then I realized I only had one ticket left and that's no good for anything so I might as well spend it. Got a silver card again, was prepared for it to be someone boring, then suddenly it turned gold. Anyway, long story short, I now have Suzuka Gozen in my Chaldea.
Neat! I'm probably biased because she's my only non-Fergus AOE Saber (not counting d'Eon's non-damage NP), but I like Suzuka a lot. Her animations are great and her third Ascension is elegant; it clashes a bit with her schoolgirl gimmick but is a great match for her dancer fighting style. She's not as straightforward as your average Saberface with a sword, but I find her pretty rewarding.

Going off her My Room conversations it feels like she was part of some massive story line we never got to see.
Which is pretty much true of many Servants (see again, Paracelsus), except that for Lalter said massive storyline doesn't actually exist in any other media.

sun_tzu

Validated User
Random thought...
Julius Cesar: Obese.
Thomas Edison: Lion-headed.
Nikola Tesla: Tall, broad-shouldered, long-haired bishonen with no mustache.
Alexander the Great: Gigantic, bearded, red-headed muscle mountain.
And so on.
...I don't want Adolf Hitler to ever be summonable, but if he was, I suspect he'd be blond, blue-eyed, and without any facial hair.

Top Bottom