• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fate Grand Order Thread IV: Lies, Damn Lies, and Rate-Up

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Random thought...
Julius Cesar: Obese.
Thomas Edison: Lion-headed.
Nikola Tesla: Tall, broad-shouldered, long-haired bishonen with no mustache.
Alexander the Great: Gigantic, bearded, red-headed muscle mountain.
And so on.
...I don't want Adolf Hitler to ever be summonable, but if he was, I suspect he'd be blond, blue-eyed, and without any facial hair.
I don't think I follow. What do these have to do with each other?

Constructman

Banned
Validated User
I don't think I follow. What do these have to do with each other?
Caesar: skinny -> fat
Tesla: moustache -> no moustache, short hair -> long hair
Alexander: no beard -> beard, short -> tall
Edison: ... artist was on drugs

I'm guessing the worry is that Hitler, or perhaps any other reviled or controversial historical figure, would look completely different than what they did historically if they made it into Fate, and in a way that improves their image.

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
Time to get ambitious with my Nerofest plans here... if I can keep up a pace where I max out the levels on my remaining summer servants quickly enough, I am thinking about grailing a number of servants:

BB to 90
Passionlip to 90
Darth Kawaii to 100

sun_tzu

Validated User
Basically, "even if we know how someone actually looked, even if we have photographs from when they were still alive, the Fate artists will represent them in a way that doesn't treat their real appearance as even guidelines for how they should look."

ESkemp

Validated User
I just assume the Throne of Heroes has a lot of corrupted save files. "Mata Hari was sensitive about her small breasts and was never photographed without a bra"? Zzxcks--file error -- rebuilding Mata Hari Spirit Origin. "We appear in the prime of our lives." abababab.0000--#age parameter for HS100 invalid--resetting #age to 11.

The other assumption is that the Throne of Heroes is governed by a sapience akin to the mind of a fanfiction archive but that's probably too meta.

(And only now does it occur to me that if you swapped the art for Gilgamesh and Iskandar they'd probably both feel a lot more authentic.)

CaButler

Validated User
Caesar: skinny -> fat
Tesla: moustache -> no moustache, short hair -> long hair
Alexander: no beard -> beard, short -> tall
Edison: ... artist was on drugs

I'm guessing the worry is that Hitler, or perhaps any other reviled or controversial historical figure, would look completely different than what they did historically if they made it into Fate, and in a way that improves their image.
I think we already had that with Nero Claudius, who was a notorious tyrant in history but became a tragic figure in Fate lore.

But then again, I don't think we should expect Fate to be close to historically accurate, since a number of historical male characters ended up switching genders in Fate.

Though for Edison, there's apparently an in-universe reason for why he looks like a Lion, and it's related to his role in the America Singularity.

As for Hitler, I imagine he's on the short list of "Historical and Mythological characters that are never to be summoned... ever".

Dawgstar

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nerofest goals:

Get Scathach to 6/6/6
Get Umu Caster to 6/6/6
Get Penth to 6/6/6
Get Nobbuzerker to 6/6/6

Long shot:

Get Waver to 10/10/10

Humble goals, but that'll get all four of those Servants skills to 'acceptable.' And Waver's already 6/6/10 but it's not like trip 10s for him is a bad thing.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
Cu Alter's interlude really showcases why he's one of my top picks to party up with. Dudeman is solid in every way, I'd trust him with my checkbook. Very few servants are that reliable and even fewer are that combination of reliable and made of murder. As much as I trust Eggplant Kouhai, she's not the one that I trust to beat the Demon Pillar to death with her bare hands. Cu Alter could probably pull it off.

The Fireballed Mage

Validated User
As for Hitler, I imagine he's on the short list of "Historical and Mythological characters that are never to be summoned... ever".
Yeah, I’m pretty sure there’s a big banner in the writers room that says:

“No Servant of the following:

Jesus (too much trouble)
Mohammad (way too much trouble)
Mao (would get our Chinese servers killed, so think of all the money we’d lose)
Hitler (no. Just... no.)
Stalin (too soon)
Anybody currently alive (we might have to pay royalties)
Anybody whose victims could still be alive (see Hitler for the no. Just... no.)

Other than that... loli-fy away!”

sun_tzu

Validated User
Who's a good girl? Who's a good Sith Berserker girl from a possible future who just turned Bond Level 9 and gave her master 3 SQs? Yesh you are! Yesh you are!
*attempts 30-SQ summon one more time*
Sigh. Nothing but more CEs that don't really help me. Guess no magical girl Servant for me after all.

Top Bottom