• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fate Grand Order Thread IV: Lies, Damn Lies, and Rate-Up

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I know that the focus of the event is how good ladies look in swimsuits, but I am 100% down for the dynamic of Fionn and Diarmuid being along. Which of course means it won't last.
Honestly the first part of this event is probably my favorite in the game (or was until Shinjuku had me by the throat). A personal favorite is Mordred's stuff (or rather she became a favorite after this event).

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
Congrats on finally getting Mo-chan!

I'm still whacking away at Saber/Rider dailies to pre-game some embers ahead of Summer Ishtar and Maid SAlter, but after a few more apples I will start the event this evening.

ESkemp

Validated User
Right there with you. I know everyone says "don't spend apples on the early part of the event," but I'm doing some event and spending the bronze and silver apples to get more Saber/Rider embers. I thought I could get away without the Saber/Riders in specific, but then Martha showed up, and a saint must eat. Plus, maaaaybe my luck will turn and I'll have a Saber Frankenstein to feed in a month or so.

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
And that is the other reason I am farming today. Given my other Summer 2 pull targets are Saber Fran and Berserker Nobu, it just seems smart to fill my second archive now.

Callyn

Ghost
Validated User
No no, you're doing it the right way. It's spending apples ON the event that needs to wait. If you're spending apples on the half-AP embers, that's totally legit.

I'm just trying to get Gilles up ten levels (to 70) before I start the event. Then I only have 2 Sabers to spend Embers on, Fergus and Liz.

Congrats on the good pulls guys.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I really should save my QP for - I can buy Mash a swimsuit!?" *Slams the button so hard it breaks*

Solarn

Validated User
I have to spend on embers, because I just realized I have no good damage-dealing Lancers. I have ROMA, but he's stuck on ascension 2 due to lack of octuplet crystals (why are those goddamn things so often needed for enhancement and yet so rare?), so I've been hurriedly raising Vanilla Cú. And I'd rather not get bogged down with one currency because I have no one to help me farm it quickly, like what happened in Onigashima. I have a lot of good zerks for food, Fergus and Siegfried for stone, Ridertoki and Ushiwakamaru for iron and Mash, Euryale and Andersen for water, but nobody for lumber.

ESkemp

Validated User
A real hero barbecues meat with his eyes!

Seriously, the stuff with all the Summer Servants is of course great, but I'm also really enjoying the antics of Team Lancer (plus Kojiro). It helps in that I actually have all those guys on hand; there's always a little weirdness with Servants you don't own hanging out with you as if you're old pals, but when they've actually bailed you out of trouble, it's twice as great. (Hell, as much as I was hoping for Surfer Mordred when Martha spooked me, all of a sudden everything Summer Martha says has more weight to me. I just hope this doesn't tempt me to dip into the Nobuzerker fund to try for Punch Saint in a week...)

"I really should save my QP for - I can buy Mash a swimsuit!?" *Slams the button so hard it breaks*
Why did it have to be feathers? Man, those feathers in the shop were already going to vanish so fast...

I have to spend on embers, because I just realized I have no good damage-dealing Lancers. I have ROMA, but he's stuck on ascension 2 due to lack of octuplet crystals (why are those goddamn things so often needed for enhancement and yet so rare?), so I've been hurriedly raising Vanilla Cú. And I'd rather not get bogged down with one currency because I have no one to help me farm it quickly, like what happened in Onigashima. I have a lot of good zerks for food, Fergus and Siegfried for stone, Ridertoki and Ushiwakamaru for iron and Mash, Euryale and Andersen for water, but nobody for lumber.
Cu sadly also needs crystals eventually. I don't recall if you have any Avengers that are at all workable, but they'll also help out with the lumber currency (and at least the +lumber CE is a 3-star and more likely to show up in friend point summon/friends lists). Good luck; maybe the golems in the cave'll drop a few crystals while you're focusing on stone...

nightwyrm

Validated User
Lumber CEs can be gotten from the FP gacha. Roll a lot and hope you get lucky.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Seriously, the stuff with all the Summer Servants is of course great, but I'm also really enjoying the antics of Team Lancer (plus Kojiro). It helps in that I actually have all those guys on hand; there's always a little weirdness with Servants you don't own hanging out with you as if you're old pals, but when they've actually bailed you out of trouble, it's twice as great. (Hell, as much as I was hoping for Surfer Mordred when Martha spooked me, all of a sudden everything Summer Martha says has more weight to me. I just hope this doesn't tempt me to dip into the Nobuzerker fund to try for Punch Saint in a week...)
That seems to be the real trick and I feel it too, especially with the end of Goetia's story where Mash or Da Vinci says something like 'some of the Servants stuck around to help out' and I think they mean the ones you've already summoned. And if I think too hard about it, I do have enough of an attachment to the characters to think something like 'Aw, Musashi/Altera/Raikou/whomever like me enough to stay on!'

Why did it have to be feathers? Man, those feathers in the shop were already going to vanish so fast...
For me it was Medals. They seem to be my bane.

Top Bottom