• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Favorite Exalted character types

What's your favorite character type in Exalted?

• Total voters

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Because of the Lunars/Siddies thread http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=417244

Note: approval voting. Question applies to what you like to play, or your group does, or you'd like to play, as feels appropriate; this will lack resolution.

ETA
Other ambiguities I forgot: edition. Mix and match your favorites, so if you love 2e Lunars and 1e Sidereals equally, vote as such.
Enlightened mortals! Throw them under 'heroic', I guess.

Last edited:

Patkin

ougikawa
Validated User
Well, as the first vote, I should probably define myself.

I went with both Dragon-Blooded options and the Abyssals. The Dragon-Blooded just have an interesting culture, the family dynamic is really fun to play out, and the chance to play out genuine noblesse oblige as a well, noblesse, is great. The outcastes are fun too, as they can play the low-scale heroic game, without worrying about the mortal problems that would grind down a heroic mortal.

And the Abyssals are just good for straight black-hat gameplay. Sometimes a man just wants to burn it all down, and loyalist Abyssals let you do that. I'll be honest in saying that the only thing that annoys me more than a Solar game is a renegade Abyssal game. I can play angst with Vampire, I don't need it in my stunt-filled wuxia picture.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Huh, I didn't think of breaking down Abyssal game types. Oh well.
Or a simple "I love all Exalts" option. Well, easy enough to vote for them all. I'm not even sure myself what my favorite would be; all I've played is one Solar. Could have had "favorite to run" as well.

ArmoredSaint

Jackbooted Thug
Validated User
I'll start by admitting that I hate Exalted. The setting, anyway. I think the system could actually be pretty enjoyable for a standard Medieval-esque Fantasy dungeon-crawl with mortals or heroic mortals.

That said, if somebody held a gun to my head and forced me to play Exalted as it is, I suppose I'd hate playing a Solar the least.

Patkin

ougikawa
Validated User
It's fine, I suppose (though I think splitting up the DB vote is going to skew some results). I just like a specific game-style of Abyssals (and in fact, I think that overall, my preference for Abyssal games is the minority) and voted with that specific game in mind.

Lethe

Deserve's got nothing to do with it
Validated User
Solars and Alchemicals. They're both the top of the food chain in their respective worlds and are both the most interesting, in my opinion.

AstraKiseki

Perverse Muse For Hire
Validated User
I admit I am a Sidereal fan girl, but I love them enough that I just want them involved in the story. They can be the villains who get majorly screwed with by the PCs, they can be the PCs themselves. After all, a part of love is being able to adore them even when they are at their worst.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Hmm, yeah, you can't just add the two DB entries. Well, the poll's just meant for a crude pulse taking, not a precise winner -- specifically to test the idea that Solars are least popular Exalt.
I voted for non-Abyssal and -Alchemical Exalts, plus heroic mortals; the standard cool heros set without the weird Alchemicals I don't know much about.

This *was* a public poll, but the publicness seems to have vanished after I voted. Eh? -- oh, you click on the numbers, that's why they're blue.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Hmm, things were a dead heat for a while. Still close, but we've got Solars at 9, Lunars and combined DB voters at 8, Sids and heroic mortals at 6. Surprised jsnead didn't vote for the mortals.

"Solars are least popular on RPG.net" does not seem to fit the data. Maybe their haters are just more vocal in threads. :p

Top Bottom