• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Favorite OGL System?

Joe_G_Kushner

Validated User
The OGL means to me, not easily compatible with D&D. In that vein, Mutants & Masterminds is my favorite.

For those which can be used pretty easily, it's probably Arcana Evolved. Monte's years at ICE let him know that a warrior-mage and a fighter-rogue can and should be core classes.

How about others?

iamtim

Validated User
My favorite OGL system is the new RuneQuest by Mongoose. But if you are talking about OGL systems based on the 3.0/3.5 SRDs, I'd have to go with Basic Fantasy. It's all sorts of rocking my world right now.

Coyraven

Have Post Will Hijack
Spycraft 2.0

I didn't like all the changes from 1.0, but I still think it does a better job with the d20 system than D&D does with it.

CR

Sangrolu

Social Justice Ninja
Validated User
I don't know how you are slicing your definitions, but I'd have to say Spycraft 2.0. Campaign-style-driven class composition, campaign qualities, dramatic conflicts, action dice, subplots are all things that make the game a winner for me.

Masked Cucumber

Validated User
Traveller d20 (i.e. T20). The mix of character generation and creation with the possibility of starting with an experienced character is the best.

I remain,

The Masked Cucumber

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
Mutants and Masterminds 2e for me. I also really dig True20, even though I think the corebook is pretty weak (IMO, it would be a much more complete book if they tossed out the half-assed settings, and included come lengthy/newb-friendly GM advice, and the campaign design stuff found on the True20 Companion).

I also like Spycraft alot, although I haven't acquired 2.0 yet (I'm waiting for the errated printing).

Eduardo Penna

Joe_G_Kushner

Validated User
Mutants and Masterminds 2e for me. I also really dig True20, even though I think the corebook is pretty weak (IMO, it would be a much more complete book if they tossed out the half-assed settings, and included come lengthy/newb-friendly GM advice, and the campaign design stuff found on the True20 Companion).

I also like Spycraft alot, although I haven't acquired 2.0 yet (I'm waiting for the errated printing).

Eduardo Penna
Get out of my brain on both points. I was so disappointed with the 'scope creep' of the True 20 bits that I got rid of my core book instead of getting the companion. I figure if they ever do a 'revised/combined' edition I'll pick that up but too much stuff I don't want and not enough crunch that I did want missing.

Top Bottom