IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
3 months later......

The moon was high in the late hours of a slightly chill late summer evening and below a number of cats battled in the courtyard of the Colombo family compound.

Signorina Maria Colombo reclined against the window as she gazed down at the animals, raising her eyes she saw across the rooftops of the compound the great spire of San Benedicto, the immense church of the Meranite Order.

Behind her, in what her brother referred somewhat dismissively to as her 'study' sat the carvings and tiles and a great deal of papers and parchments she had salvaged from her cousin Rollo Loccardis manor.....she shivered a little as she recalled the events there.

Halfway across the city Zampa di Gatto balanced carefully on the edge of the warehouse roof, looking down she saw Thugnar, barely visible within the shadows of the entry gate, the guardsman unconcious at his feet. Thugnar shrugged and looked up at her...apparently that guard did not have the keys that they needed...

She scanned the area and noted another man relieving himself against the high west wall of the gated district...perhaps he had her keys?

Giovanni Ferraro relaxed in the quarters he rented in the Columbo compound, he had been somewhat surprised to find that his old master had left to him all his worldly possesions....which in the end had amounted to his weapons, his armour and his horse and a considerable number of debts at various taverns about the city. Giovanni had somewhat sadly had to sell the somewhat tarnished mail and plate to clear the debts but Guglielmo DeArcinos sword hung on the wall beside his own and his somewhat venerable courser, Sognatore, had a permanent berth in the Colombo stables.

3 months later......

Halfway across the city Zampa di Gatto balanced carefully on the edge of the warehouse roof, looking down she saw Thugnar, barely visible within the shadows of the entry gate, the guardsman unconcious at his feet. Thugnar shrugged and looked up at her...apparently that guard did not have the keys that they needed...

She scanned the area and noted another man relieving himself against the high west wall of the gated district...perhaps he had her keys?

Sending a low complicated Owl hoot to her companion below, warning him to hide the guard and that she was on it, Zampa scurries along the rooftops to find a spot just above the pissing man. Then as long as it was doable she dropped on him from above.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
3 months later......

The moon was high in the late hours of a slightly chill late summer evening and below a number of cats battled in the courtyard of the Colombo family compound.

Signorina Maria Colombo reclined against the window as she gazed down at the animals, raising her eyes she saw across the rooftops of the compound the great spire of San Benedicto, the immense church of the Meranite Order.

Behind her, in what her brother referred somewhat dismissively to as her 'study' sat the carvings and tiles and a great deal of papers and parchments she had salvaged from her cousin Rollo Loccardis manor.....she shivered a little as she recalled the events there.
Maria searches idly through the gloom for the source of the yowling and hissing amid the colony of felines she has quietly encouraged to take residence since her return from Cousin Rollo's manor. Even if her little sister Diana had quietly asked her if she was 'eating for two', the price of not being as stealthy as she might have wished while raiding the kitchens late at night for scraps to supplement the mewing horde's diet of rodents.

Peace of mind from dreams of rats at least is worth the price of an embarrassing conversation... she thinks to herself, happier than she would admit, And there's Giovanni, handy for keeping Antonio wary of further attempts to clutter the place with prospective suitors. Mama's stopped nagging me about church since the language lessons. As long as she thinks I'm studying for the nunnery, she'll keep Bianca and Diana too busy with her meddling in their lives to care what I do either...

She pats the sleek black and white feline stretched across her windowsill as she mutters "Your kin are as quarrelsome as mine, Duce. Perhaps I'd better try my luck in the kitchens again, before mine wake up to complain as well?" then shuts the window as the cat slips inside the room, chasing a moth. Maria gathers her cloak and shoes as she intends to quiet the racket below with a snack purloined on the way to the courtyard via the kitchen.

Last edited:

Uqbarian

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Giovanni listens to the nighttime sounds of the city. His life is pleasantly aimless, but something is missing. If only there was more he could do to help the Signorina. But an illiterate, unsophisticated soldier could hardly be of much use to an aristocratic lady with arcane powers. Maybe it was time to sign up with one of the free companies again.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Sending a low complicated Owl hoot to her companion below, warning him to hide the guard and that she was on it, Zampa scurries along the rooftops to find a spot just above the pissing man. Then as long as it was doable she dropped on him from above.
Zampa landed on the mans shoulders buckling his knees and sending his forehead crashing into the wall he was peeing against....he collapsed to the ground. She heard a reply hoot...though Thugnars could possibly have been a slightly constipated gull cry...the items they were after should be in one of these two buildings....

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Giovanni listens to the nighttime sounds of the city. His life is pleasantly aimless, but something is missing. If only there was more he could do to help the Signorina. But an illiterate, unsophisticated soldier could hardly be of much use to an aristocratic lady with arcane powers. Maybe it was time to sign up with one of the free companies again.
There was a light knock at his door...

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Maria searches idly through the gloom for the source of the yowling and hissing amid the colony of felines she has quietly encouraged to take residence since her return from Cousin Rollo's manor. Even if her little sister Diana had quietly asked her if she was 'eating for two', the price of not being as stealthy as she might have wished while raiding the kitchens late at night for scraps to supplement the mewing horde's diet of rodents.

Peace of mind from dreams of rats at least is worth the price of an embarrassing conversation... she thinks to herself, happier than she would admit, And there's Giovanni, handy for keeping Antonio wary of further attempts to clutter the place with prospective suitors. Mama's stopped nagging me about church since the language lessons. As long as she thinks I'm studying for the nunnery, she'll keep Bianca and Diana too busy with her meddling in their lives to care what I do either...

She pats the sleek black and white feline stretched across her windowsill as she mutters "Your kin are as quarrelsome as mine, Duce. Perhaps I'd better try my luck in the kitchens again, before mine wake up to complain as well?" then shuts the window as the cat slips inside the room, chasing a moth. Maria gathers her cloak and shoes as she intends to quiet the racket below with a snack purloined on the way to the courtyard via the kitchen.
Maria slipped out of her room and down the hall to the south stairs, as she was about to head down them she noted Diana walking quietly on the floor below towards the servants wing....

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria slipped out of her room and down the hall to the south stairs, as she was about to head down them she noted Diana walking quietly on the floor below towards the servants wing....
Maria stops still for a moment, puzzled, and watches from the shadows. She shrugs, unwilling to conjecture on the precise nature of Diana's nocturnal errand without further information, then follows quietly, her outdoor shoes still in hand, as curious as the cat padding softly in her own hopefully stealthy footsteps.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Now in possession of the keys Zampa edges her way to the nearest of the buildings, and with Thugnar watching her back tries her luck on a secluded side door...
Zampa unlocked the door and slid inside, the warehouse was pitch-black but her keen eyes made out the rows upon rows of high shelves....if her information was correct the items should be on the shelves near the rear wall on the third tier.

As she considered her move she heard a tick, tick, tick sound....no...sounds.....coming towards her in the darkness...

Top Bottom