• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
"What?!" Exclaims Zampa angrily. "I supply only the best food, destined for the greatest tables of this city. You're fired!"

Standing up she swipes the last of the food from the table, stuffs it in her ample mouth and storms off, well satisfied and rather tipsy.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"I simply know it is essential...It is not for the likes of me to know more.", she smiled broadly as Maria said she shall see him.

She seemed to consider the question deeply, " A little.....perhaps..."
"Then perhaps you might attempt to replicate the sketch of the man you have been so mysteriously instructed to seek?" Maria asks casually, shrugging her shoulders as she concludes "...If it turns out that the man you will shortly see is not the man who I believe you you seek? Then we shall know better who to look for all the sooner."

She places a piece of paper in front her guest, along with her own silver pencil from her sleeve, and says "I do not ask miracles of you, but I would like to see if you can show us what is difficult to express in words."

While Lucrezia considers the task before her, Maria quietly instructs Lumio to take Mistress Gatto and her dear sibling to the garden courtyard adjoining the court of cats, and await her arrival patiently. She also warns him in a whisper "...You will be doing much running to and fro for a little while longer yet, but I need your wit to be as quicksilver as your feet. Ask that pair of rascals if they have found any holes or other causes of household concern yet, and tell them what they may ask of you about this morning's events swiftly too."

OOC: There are many 2nd and 3rd storey windows around the court yards and exterior walls.
OOC: Once Maria, Giovanni and Lucrezia are on their way to the walkway overlooking the designated courtyard, Maria will attempt to stealthily cast Detect Aura so she can study Lucrezia's 'arcane aura'.

I doubt the one she cast on Giovanni earlier is still up and running, so time for a second look...

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
While Lucrezia considers the task before her, Maria quietly instructs Lumio to take Mistress Gatto and her dear sibling to the garden courtyard adjoining the court of cats, and await her arrival patiently. She also warns him in a whisper "...You will be doing much running to and fro for a little while longer yet, but I need your wit to be as quicksilver as your feet. Ask that pair of rascals if they have found any holes or other causes of household concern yet, and tell them what they may ask of you about this morning's events swiftly too."
Lumio rushed off at speed, after some minutes he found Zampa and Alessandro and relayed Marias message to them....

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
"Then perhaps you might attempt to replicate the sketch of the man you have been so mysteriously instructed to seek?" Maria asks casually, shrugging her shoulders as she concludes "...If it turns out that the man you will shortly see is not the man who I believe you you seek? Then we shall know better who to look for all the sooner."

She places a piece of paper in front her guest, along with her own silver pencil from her sleeve, and says "I do not ask miracles of you, but I would like to see if you can show us what is difficult to express in words."

OOC: Once Maria, Giovanni and Lucrezia are on their way to the walkway overlooking the designated courtyard, Maria will attempt to stealthily cast Detect Aura so she can study Lucrezia's 'arcane aura'.

I doubt the one she cast on Giovanni earlier is still up and running, so time for a second look...
Lucrezia sets to work almost maniacally and soon renders a reasonable likeness of Alessandro.

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
Zampa does what she is told, mentally ticking off the eating establishments she and Thugnar would rob later to provide this household with cheap food and her purse with silver.
To while away the time she challenges her brother to a game of chance.

"I spy with my little eye..."

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Lumio rushed off at speed, after some minutes he found Zampa and Alessandro and relayed Marias message to them....
"Not so far in our searches, maybe the way the crabs came was under the garden. What have you heard about the young woman we brought here?"

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Lumio rushed off at speed....
"I should pay that mercurial boy his wages by the mile rather than by the day..." Maria murmurs to Giovanni with a flicker of a grin.

Lucrezia sets to work almost maniacally and soon renders a reasonable likeness of Alessandro.
Giovanni deadpans, "I think I've seen that man before."
"He does seem familiar to me..." Maria replies, equally deadpan, then says to Lucrezia as she points at the sketch "If you ever tire of selling flowers, I would be pleased to offer you my patronage. Artistic talent such as that is rare enough to command a fee measured in florins, not small change."

"As to your private viewing of the young man in question? That I can provide very soon, but I would ask a small favor of you. You see, I cannot have people wondering about you, or your reasons to be here, so for now, you are a near blind young woman seeking treatment for an affliction of the eyes, but sadly bereft of funds and family, you have come to seek more affordable advice on the matter..." she says calmly.

Maria produces a clean bandage from her belt pouch as she explains with a impish smile "...Your miraculous recovery will be a fine endorsement for both my skills and an interesting adornment to your own future fame. So, is that agreeable to you, Lucrezia?"

OOC: OK, so Lucrezia is actually a useful spy, at least in terms of being an observer and recorder of visual information. So Maria is taking the hint, and limiting how much of the house's layout her guest sees, as well as hedging her bets on future patronage...

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
"I should pay that mercurial boy his wages by the mile rather than by the day..." Maria murmurs to Giovanni with a flicker of a grin.

"He does seem familiar to me..." Maria replies, equally deadpan, then says to Lucrezia as she points at the sketch "If you ever tire of selling flowers, I would be pleased to offer you my patronage. Artistic talent such as that is rare enough to command a fee measured in florins, not small change."

"As to your private viewing of the young man in question? That I can provide very soon, but I would ask a small favor of you. You see, I cannot have people wondering about you, or your reasons to be here, so for now, you are a near blind young woman seeking treatment for an affliction of the eyes, but sadly bereft of funds and family, you have come to seek more affordable advice on the matter..." she says calmly.

Maria produces a clean bandage from her belt pouch as she explains with a impish smile "...Your miraculous recovery will be a fine endorsement for both my skills and an interesting adornment to your own future fame. So, is that agreeable to you, Lucrezia?"

OOC: OK, so Lucrezia is actually a useful spy, at least in terms of being an observer and recorder of visual information. So Maria is taking the hint, and limiting how much of the house's layout her guest sees, as well as hedging her bets on future patronage...
She seemed flattered by Marias words.....slightly confused by but agreeable to the deception, " It is. May I see him now?"

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
She seemed flattered by Marias words.....slightly confused by but agreeable to the deception, " It is. May I see him now?"
"Give me but a moment to confer with my servants as to the best place to see him from at the moment." Maria replies smoothly, then confides softly to Lucrezia "I understand the man in question is somewhat shy of visitors, so we shall need to be discrete."

She then urgently whispers to Lumio very quietly indeed "I have need of you in the gallery overlooking the garden in advance. Keep out of sight if you can, but if anyone arrives there before us, warn me. Go!"

Maria loudly tells Giovanni "Please ensure our guest does not trip on our gallery walk. I do not wish to risk there being any unfortunate incidents involving a guest of this house to bring sorrow to my family." with both a tone of voice and facial expression that suggests she is absolutely serious in that instruction.

OOC: OK, plan is in motion...

Top Bottom