• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria greets Zampa and Alessandro in the garden with a sardonic smile as she says loudly "Such busy day, and you two are sitting in the garden, lounging around sunning yourselves without a care in the world? So much for no rest for the wicked! Whereas I have a new patient to attend to..." then drops her voice to a more discrete tone as she hurriedly explains "Our guest is definitely fixated on Alessandro, but not an assassin. A strange veiled widow gave her something magically infused in wine to drink last night, and now she's spying on a man she does not know for reasons she can't explain. The widow also told her to return tonight to the place she met her at last night."

She then sighs theatrically and loudly complains "...And I have no idea what Mother will have to say about yet another houseguest to feed on top of everything else!" before she hisses quietly "And just what were you two up to when you spotted her trying to follow you? More importantly, have there been any discoveries of any further hidden waterways into the compound that I should know about?"

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
Zampa mentions how they discovered rooms that seemed to go under the neighbour's property. "Foreigners" adds the thief with a wink.

"You want me to follow yer one upstairs tonight, find out wots wot and then kill everyone?" Its hard to tell if she is joking.

"There was some trouble at a bakers on the way here, a murder..." she looks to her brother for confirmation.

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Zampa punches her brother in the arm.
Alessandro winces and looks at Zampa "what did you do that for sis?"

Zampa mentions how they discovered rooms that seemed to go under the neighbour's property. "Foreigners" adds the thief with a wink.

"You want me to follow yer one upstairs tonight, find out wots wot and then kill everyone?" Its hard to tell if she is joking.

"There was some trouble at a bakers on the way here, a murder..." she looks to her brother for confirmation.
"Yes, a baker had been killled off, but there were only signs of rat bites on his ankles and the place didn't seem to have been robbed so it is pretty odd".

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
When Maria glances up during the siblings explanations she notes that Lucrezia is entirely focused on Alessandro now and is probably oblivious to anything she is saying unless she interposes herself between Lucrezia and Alessandro.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria looks surprised, then curious at Zampa's revelation of a closer relationship between houses than she had previously realized.

"I'd prefer you didn't dispose of anyone quite so close to home..." she replies quietly, but adds with an impish smile "...Looks untidy, and drives the rest of the household maid staff to distraction in the process. I would like to know a little more about them though, but perhaps without any avoidable mess to clean up?"

"What kind of foreigners, for a start..." Maria concludes softly, and suggests "Let me talk with my sister for a moment, and I will see what information I can arm you with beforehand from her. Sound wise to you?"

The news death of the baker seems to unsettle her sly expression, and she glances up to the balcony before she replies to Alessandro warily "Rat bites around the ankles of an unfound corpse in a bakery overnight would not be unusual, if that was the only exposed flesh they could easily reach, but if the baker had died of natural causes, they would have doubtless chewed on any of the softer tissues they could get to, not just the ankles..."

She asks quietly, looking from brother to sister and back as she speaks "Freshly dead, or many hours? It is possible to bind someone without leaving marks, but I do not think anyone would sit impassively through rats gnawing at them without straining at the bonds sufficiently to leave obvious signs of it. No robbery implies this was not a debtor seeking payment by harsh methods."

Maria poses the question "Besides, what would a baker possess that would be of value enough to kill for it?"

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
Zampa shudders at the memory of their departed knight, killed by rats not that long ago.

"Are we to see conspiracies at every death in this city from now on boss?"

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"Only the ones that involve strange circumstances and rodents..." Maria says, sharp in jest as she cuts through a shadowed memory to better concentrate on the present situation.

"However, it is equally possible that the baker died from natural causes, and the ratbites may be nothing more than the local inhabitants taking advantage of an opportunity to feast..." she concedes, shrugs wearily and adds "...Fresh meat is a more attractive option to a scavenger than day old bread. For all I know the dead man had insect bites on his legs where his clothes did not cover, and scratched at the scabs, or consulted a healer overfond of the leech-cure for treatment."

Maria explains, still careful to keep her voice low and her face unseen from Lucrezia "I am well aware that, sadly, it is my nature to see threat in every shadow, and that my past experiences have taught me that the possibility of less than natural causes in an odd detail seem more likely to me than is usual, Zampa, but tell me, have I always been entirely wrong to be wary of such details?"

"Much as it pains me to admit it, given that my family's house already has an unexpected artist in residence with a fixation for only one model..." she points out, with a sideways glance to the balcony, then Allesandro, before she continues "...Crabs in the cellar, hidden passages of unknown origin and a new set of neighbours to contend with already? Perhaps I am reading too much into the portent of a baker's ankles."

Her tone is unapologetic as she concludes "I would rather be seen as foolishly wary than be seen dead for carelessness. Trying as that may well be to your patience, and that of many others, it is a quality that often keeps my patients alive and breathing. Speaking of which, as far as anyone else is concerned, our two-legged visitor is officially one of my patients for the moment. As I suspect she'd make a beeline for Allesandro anywhere he went, I will have need of you to keep an eye on both later this evening."

She awaits any reply before she walks back upstairs to speak to her sister, leaving the two siblings in the garden with a final instruction of "There are too many mysterious going on in this house today. I intend to find out why that is so, and if there is any cause for concern in that state of affairs. Be patient while I see if there is anything to be gleaned from Diana's field of expertise."

Maria mutters to Zampa "If nothing else comes of this mystery, at least he'll have been the model for a fine body of work by a talented artist." and exits swiftly in search of some sisterly advice.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
As if Marias mention of her name had functioned as a summoning, Diana walked out into the gardens and seeing her sister and the other two turned towards them and walked up, " Sister, dear. There you are....I regret to inform you that our star is waning...it took some time in the square today before I heard gossip about us...."

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"I cannot say that I am displeased by that, but it is another family's reputation I wish to ask your advice on..." Maria says politely, but leans in closer as she says in a quieter tone "...Though if you have heard something of us that you feel I should know of? Please, do not hesitate to illuminate me further about it."

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Diana waved her hands, " Nothing of note....something about the Hammer-Breaker being the lover of myself....or my bookish sister...or mama...or all three of us..."

" I neither confirmed or denied....I may have looked less assured that it was nonsense when they mentioned him being yours...", she smiled craftily.

" Now what is it you wish to ask?", she said brightly.

Top Bottom