IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

Diana smiled and dipped very slightly to the older woman.

Signora Von Humbolt smiled a tight smile, " Well.......we can't ignore tradition can we."

" Please, do come in....", she turned on the spot and began walking towards the entrance at a brisk pace.

Diana grinned at Zampa and followed her.
Zampa follows.

OOC: Zampa will play the obedient servant.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria smiles as she says "I am fortunate in having a household both diverse in talents and possessed of sufficient wits to handle the unexpectedly complex tasks bestowed on us today..." in a casual aside to Lucrezia, but as she looks from Giovanni to Alessandro, then Lumio, it is clear the sorceress is quite sincere in her statement.

"I must admit, I have not perused the family's stores of weaponry since the duel, but it may prove fruitful in this case too." she adds, then asks Lucrezia "Perhaps we should be finding you a safe perch to observe the action from now?" then inquires of her, only half in jest "...Unless you have hidden skills in herding marine life as well as artistic talents?"

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
As Zampa and Diana walked along the annex to the front door of the home proper they noted that the garden seemed somewhat dilapidated though a token effort was being made to keep the topiary under control.

The door to the house was opened by a thickset man dressed in servants livery of an older style, he wore an elaborate wig of white coiffured horse hair over his wide head and his mouth sagged at the corners as he pulled the door open.

The older woman entered without acknowledging him and ushered the two guests through a door to the right into what was apparently a sitting room though not one used very often..or aired often...., " Please, take a seat."

Diana gave the tiniest of curtsies and sat placing the basket beside her, indicating it she said, " We brought a small gift of wine to welcome you."

" I see.", said the woman with the tiniest frown. " Ah, yes.....a traditional gift?"

Diana nodded a little, " May my maid sit?"

The older woman waved her hand dismissively, " I care not."

Her and Diana swapped anecdotes about fashion and daily life in Ferromaine and Diana shared minor details of the Colombo families business and family members......Zampa noted that the woman seemed quite skilled at evading answering questions or asking questions herself to put off any that Diana may ask.

Somewhere deeper into the house a man began coughing loudly....

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Lumio shrugged, " Uh...I don't know if we have those....where would I find them?"

" No problem there.", the boy grinned.

He headed off to find someone to bring the wanted supplies.
"Those I can fetch from the armoury. Let us get to it, Alessandro."
Maria smiles as she says "I am fortunate in having a household both diverse in talents and possessed of sufficient wits to handle the unexpectedly complex tasks bestowed on us today..." in a casual aside to Lucrezia, but as she looks from Giovanni to Alessandro, then Lumio, it is clear the sorceress is quite sincere in her statement.

"I must admit, I have not perused the family's stores of weaponry since the duel, but it may prove fruitful in this case too." she adds, then asks Lucrezia "Perhaps we should be finding you a safe perch to observe the action from now?" then inquires of her, only half in jest "...Unless you have hidden skills in herding marine life as well as artistic talents?"
Lumio, Alessandro and Giovanni head to the armoury and find some old tower shields and pikes that seem to have last been used...and maintained...sometime before Marias grandfather was born....but they are serviceable if a little tarnished.

Maria and Lucrezia followed at a short distance...

Zampa is of course scoping the joint for ease of future access, things to purloin and good looking guards to hit on, in both senses of the word.

OOC: Does everything look kosher? Zampa isnt going to talk to anyone as shes a servant and i cant think of an excuse where she can go wander about. Im reallying on Diana here to get the goods.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Zampa is of course scoping the joint for ease of future access, things to purloin and good looking guards to hit on, in both senses of the word.

OOC: Does everything look kosher? Zampa isnt going to talk to anyone as shes a servant and i cant think of an excuse where she can go wander about. Im reallying on Diana here to get the goods.
Zampas impression is that the house is very understaffed and barely inhabited, there are none of the small signs of day to day life and rooms seem to have been left almost as displays...and not well dusted displays at that. There is little real wealth on display, obviously some old sculptures and tapestrys and paintings, mostly pastoral scenes.

Other than the woman and the coughing man, servant or husband?, and the guard and doorman there is no sign of anyone else in the house. Looking through the adjoining doors can be seen the entry hall they came through and another room...possibly a music room by the harpsichord in the corner.

Diana was now talking about shipping and for the first time the womans eyes seemed to show a semblance of interest in what Diana was saying. Zampa leant forward and out the corner of her eye caught sight of a bow legged elderly man emerging from a narrow wooden door and moving through the entry hallway; as she watched his head suddenly whipped around to face her his rheumy eyes locked with hers even as he continued shuffling forward out of sight...

Top Bottom