• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Alessandro looks at the spears and shields, then replies. "They seem adequate for our needs."
Giovanni inspects the equipment carefully. "Could do with a clean, that's for sure, but they should hold up."
The weapons and shields do indeed carry a thick layer of dust and some tarnish but appear sturdy enough, though too old fashioned to ever be fielded in public with scandal.
"Fortunately we have no scandal in this fight to contend with, it being a strictly household matter, and to be fair, our opponents below are as clean as lagoon water this close to the city will allow for." Maria offers in a better humor than a woman seemingly beset by so many worries has a right to be.

"Provided they are fit to the task, I doubt that fashion will be an issue..." she says sardonically, then looks to Lucrezia as she adds in a speculative tone "Indeed, I rather fancy that they will add a certain antique charm to the artistic interpretation of the events to come."

She turns back to Giovanni and Alessandro to explain "While they may not be rodents, Giovanni, I would suggest that the previously used on rats method of forcing them to flee down a defined path of our choosing is the wisest one to use here. If I intend to capture them, rather than simply drive them away, then there must be a place to herd them to other than back into the water."

Lucrezia looked at Maria as she asked her question with a furrowed brow, " I must observe him....he was not supposed to see me but it is too late for that so I watch and watch.....I have no thoughts on him or anything much beyond that."
"It is most puzzling. You are a spy, but neither an agent of an ardent love, nor one of a killing hatred. I believe your neutrality of compulsion indicates curiosity, rather than malice on the part of your mysterious employer, but I could not say that with total certainty." Maria replies softly, then shrugs as she concludes "Better to know one is spied upon by a possible ally than a possible enemy. I have no shortage of the second possibility, even with the efforts of my servants to dispose of them as swiftly as they arise."

Lumio pointed at the door, " Are you heading in now then?"
OOC: Are the PCs ready to go catch crabs? ;)
 

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Alessandro selects the spear and shield that best suits him. "I am ready now, except I might take a private moment to say my devotions."

OOC: Alessandro really wants a chance to get enough private time to cast Might so that he is going in with boosted strength which will be useful in melee
 

Uqbarian

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
She turns back to Giovanni and Alessandro to explain "While they may not be rodents, Giovanni, I would suggest that the previously used on rats method of forcing them to flee down a defined path of our choosing is the wisest one to use here. If I intend to capture them, rather than simply drive them away, then there must be a place to herd them to other than back into the water."
"We will do our best, signora."

OOC: Catching crabs was probably more Guglielmo's thing, but Giovanni can give it a try!


Alessandro selects the spear and shield that best suits him. "I am ready now, except I might take a private moment to say my devotions."
"Of course. The crabs aren't going anywhere. Take all the time you need."
 

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"We will do our best, signora."
Alessandro selects the spear and shield that best suits him. "I am ready now, except I might take a private moment to say my devotions."
"Of course. The crabs aren't going anywhere. Take all the time you need."
Maria nods in agreement but offers a puzzling request as she asks "That is entirely reasonable, Alessandro, but I would impose a moment on your time first. Not for long, I assure you, as all I ask is that you stand still in a suitably heroic stance for but a minute of your time."

She turns to Lucrezia and asks a different task of her as she says "Study him carefully. I wish to see how well you can reproduce a specific scene from memory later with but a moment's worth of examination of the subject and place. Then we must give Alessandro a moment's peace to commune with the heavens in privacy, and find a place to oversee events below as they transpire ourselves."

OOC: Indeed, but perhaps the PC's had best make damn sure that the crabs don't catch them? ;)
Hopefully the memory test will answer not only Maria's question to Lucrezia, but also be a fair bargain to win a pause in observation for a short while from Lucrezia's vigilance for Alessandro too.
 

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
OOC: Alessandro really wants a chance to get enough private time to cast Might so that he is going in with boosted strength which will be useful in melee
OOC: Yeah, it only takes a moment. Mystics don't need to make gestures or say anything.
 

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Alessandro selects the spear and shield that best suits him. "I am ready now, except I might take a private moment to say my devotions."
"We will do our best, signora."

"Of course. The crabs aren't going anywhere. Take all the time you need."
Maria nods in agreement but offers a puzzling request as she asks "That is entirely reasonable, Alessandro, but I would impose a moment on your time first. Not for long, I assure you, as all I ask is that you stand still in a suitably heroic stance for but a minute of your time."

She turns to Lucrezia and asks a different task of her as she says "Study him carefully. I wish to see how well you can reproduce a specific scene from memory later with but a moment's worth of examination of the subject and place. Then we must give Alessandro a moment's peace to commune with the heavens in privacy, and find a place to oversee events below as they transpire ourselves."
As Alessandro summoned his intrinsic power, while posing, the woman, Lucrezia, stared at him in a most unsettling manner. She broke eye contact after a minute or so of not blinking while Alessandro 'said his prayers'.

The blockaded door awaited below with men ready to install nets and blockades.

Lucrezia looked at Maria with a puzzled expression. "And now?"
 

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Zampas impression is that the house is very understaffed and barely inhabited, there are none of the small signs of day to day life and rooms seem to have been left almost as displays...and not well dusted displays at that. There is little real wealth on display, obviously some old sculptures and tapestrys and paintings, mostly pastoral scenes.

Other than the woman and the coughing man, servant or husband?, and the guard and doorman there is no sign of anyone else in the house. Looking through the adjoining doors can be seen the entry hall they came through and another room...possibly a music room by the harpsichord in the corner.

Diana was now talking about shipping and for the first time the womans eyes seemed to show a semblance of interest in what Diana was saying. Zampa leant forward and out the corner of her eye caught sight of a bow legged elderly man emerging from a narrow wooden door and moving through the entry hallway; as she watched his head suddenly whipped around to face her his rheumy eyes locked with hers even as he continued shuffling forward out of sight...
" Well, this has been very pleasant but we've surely taken up too much of your time already with such a large household to run.", Diana said placing her tea down on the doily before her.

" Most excellent to make your acquantaince Signora Von Humbolt. Shall we see ourselves out?", Diana made a quick shooing motion with her hand towards Zampa.

" Yes....most pleasant. You may leave now.", the old woman said as if suddenly very tired.

Diana rose and almost pushed Zampa out the door towards the entry.

The strange 'butler' opened the front door for them and they were suddenly back out in the sunshine and fresh air......
 

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria studies Alessandro herself a moment, committing the precise pose and framing to her own memory, then crisply instructs Lucrezia "Follow me. Do as you are instructed to do so by myself, without question or hesitation. If for any reason I am not able to communicate, then do as Giovanni or Alessandro say until after your meeting later this evening. My sister Diana, and my maid Zampa will also see that you are kept safe from those who may yet mean you harm."

"We have unwelcome intruders to deal with, and yet I would prefer not to soak the cellars of my house in blood, however oddly tinged it may be." she says to the others "So we herd the ones we can to nets and baskets, and drive off those we cannot. Those who remain aggressive that are too clever to run away as fast as their eight legs will take them? A seafood dinner for the victors."

And with that, she awaits the opening of the cellar door, and the running of the crabs, her staff in her hands, and ready to harm or heal as need be...
 
Top Bottom