• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Giovanni stares at the water intently.
The water reflects his intensity back at him..

"Be careful, Zampa..." Maria mutters in unease, studying the waters below "...There's something moving down there other than water and silt."

OOC: Well, that depth of water could explain the How and Where part of the sudden deluge of crabs mystery, or it might be another kettle of fish entirely.
Hearing Maria's warning Alessandro gets his spear ready.
Giovanni readies his spear.
Nothing rose to challenge their weapons....
Zampa heads for the stairs with the intention of climbing up them.
Zampa climbed out of the water and headed up the stairs, only a few steps and she was out of sight of the others.

Spoiler: Show

Climbing the stairs Zampa found they ended at solid oak door only about 10m up.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"Nothing moving up further than that though, as far as I can see..." Maria says softly, still staring into the water, then asks "Giovanni, please see to the safety of our guest and Lumio a moment, as I am sure she will watch Alessandro, and I will keep an eye on the water. Alessandro, take a closer look at the ledges and the walls near them, but don't walk on them, use that spear to see if they are sound. Stone and brick that will bear a crab's weight may not hold underfoot for us, so if swimming is not possible, then we may need a rope or a plank to cross..."

Maria looks at the walls of the cistern where the light reaches, and considers their state from below the waterline, still wary of any movement from the murk.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"There's a locked door" mentions Zampa from the base of the stairs. She then goes back up...
"Locked or jammed?" Maria says, still gazing into the cistern "Damp timber oft leads to doors wedged in their frames better than any carpenter could close so tightly."

To herself, she mutters pensively "I sometimes wish that I knew what in Hades my family thought they were up to in the past, but that's the problem of old family secrets. They're apt to remain so secret they surprise even close and contemporary relatives, let alone more distant kin..."

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
"Nothing moving up further than that though, as far as I can see..." Maria says softly, still staring into the water, then asks "Giovanni, please see to the safety of our guest and Lumio a moment, as I am sure she will watch Alessandro, and I will keep an eye on the water. Alessandro, take a closer look at the ledges and the walls near them, but don't walk on them, use that spear to see if they are sound. Stone and brick that will bear a crab's weight may not hold underfoot for us, so if swimming is not possible, then we may need a rope or a plank to cross..."

Maria looks at the walls of the cistern where the light reaches, and considers their state from below the waterline, still wary of any movement from the murk.
There is movement that her spell can perceive but whether it is from water-flow from culverts or pipes she can't see in the silt and gloom or from giant crustaceans is impossible to tell.

"There's a locked door" mentions Zampa from the base of the stairs. She then goes back up and has a shuftie through a keyhole if there is one.
All is dark beyond the door.
"Locked or jammed?" Maria says, still gazing into the cistern "Damp timber oft leads to doors wedged in their frames better than any carpenter could close so tightly."

To herself, she mutters pensively "I sometimes wish that I knew what in Hades my family thought they were up to in the past, but that's the problem of old family secrets. They're apt to remain so secret they surprise even close and contemporary relatives, let alone more distant kin..."
Zampa tries the door to see if it is locked.
The handle does not turn but it does not seem rusted shut...
Alessandro starts probing the walls and ledges, using his spear to test the solidity of them.
All appear solid...if a little slippery with something organic...

Top Bottom