• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria listens as Alessandro and Giovanni offer their conclusions, and watches the water patiently as she answers quietly "Treacherous footing and a deep cistern are a matter of concern, but I still do not know why the door to this place was hidden in the first place..." then pensively agrees "...If those crabs are likely to return though? A new cover for the cistern does seem a wise precaution."

Her careful watch is rewarded with a sudden dousing from Zampa for her efforts. Maria sighs very quietly, but does not take her attention from below until the undaunted cutpurse reaches the relative safety of solid ground again.

Only then does she withdraw her gaze from the murk below, dismissing the sorcery that carried her eyes so deep. Maria listens intently to what Zampa has to report.

"Another storage room full of furniture perhaps? An oddly damp place to keep it, but it is difficult to know without further investigation..." she suggests, then adds "It seems that I will need to tell the newcomers that there will be some renovations to be done. I doubt it is possible to do such carpentry work without attracting their attention eventually."

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
"We definitely need to have the barriers before the door so we can control what comes before building the cover here. It seems like nothing uncanny is here at least." Alessandro replies shaking off the water from the splashing.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Zampa waves and then performs a perfect cannonball into the water. Once she gets back to the others she explains what she has discovered.
Maria listens as Alessandro and Giovanni offer their conclusions, and watches the water patiently as she answers quietly "Treacherous footing and a deep cistern are a matter of concern, but I still do not know why the door to this place was hidden in the first place..." then pensively agrees "...If those crabs are likely to return though? A new cover for the cistern does seem a wise precaution."

Her careful watch is rewarded with a sudden dousing from Zampa for her efforts. Maria sighs very quietly, but does not take her attention from below until the undaunted cutpurse reaches the relative safety of solid ground again.

Only then does she withdraw her gaze from the murk below, dismissing the sorcery that carried her eyes so deep. Maria listens intently to what Zampa has to report.

"Another storage room full of furniture perhaps? An oddly damp place to keep it, but it is difficult to know without further investigation..." she suggests, then adds "It seems that I will need to tell the newcomers that there will be some renovations to be done. I doubt it is possible to do such carpentry work without attracting their attention eventually."
Nothing resolves itself out of the silty water before Maria cancels her spell.

"Reckon its the neighbours' gaff....the foreign ones."

"Shouldn't we catch the crabs. Then sell 'em as a delicacy."

"We definitely need to have the barriers before the door so we can control what comes before building the cover here. It seems like nothing uncanny is here at least." Alessandro replies shaking off the water from the splashing.
"Definitely. And good locks."

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
"Maybe best to head back as we have done most of what we could here and it will be good to get out of this water" Alessandro says.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"I am at a loss for what to do next, but speak with the neighbours and proceed with repairs." Maria admits, still trying to make sense of the situation "But as there's no crabs here to catch now? I cannot see a reason to poke further in storerooms, particularly when I do not know whose property I am standing on at the time."

The sorceress shrugs as she turns away from the water and back to home territory and adds "We still have another matter to attend to later today, but perhaps this one can be dealt with by more practical methods?"

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria looks to Lucrezia, caculates the hours to evening, then turns Giovanni and says "The new neighbours, I suppose. Regardless of the possibility Zampa has raised about them, she and Diana did return from visiting them."

She gestures at the cistern behind them and says "Perhaps they may be willing to contribute to the cost of securing both their new house and the Colombo's cellars from roving aquatic wildlife?"

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
"Maybe best to head back as we have done most of what we could here and it will be good to get out of this water" Alessandro says.
"I am at a loss for what to do next, but speak with the neighbours and proceed with repairs." Maria admits, still trying to make sense of the situation "But as there's no crabs here to catch now? I cannot see a reason to poke further in storerooms, particularly when I do not know whose property I am standing on at the time."

The sorceress shrugs as she turns away from the water and back to home territory and adds "We still have another matter to attend to later today, but perhaps this one can be dealt with by more practical methods?"
"Yes, let's go back upstairs. Which other matter is next?"
Maria looks to Lucrezia, caculates the hours to evening, then turns Giovanni and says "The new neighbours, I suppose. Regardless of the possibility Zampa has raised about them, she and Diana did return from visiting them."

She gestures at the cistern behind them and says "Perhaps they may be willing to contribute to the cost of securing both their new house and the Colombo's cellars from roving aquatic wildlife?"
The group turns and manages to emerge through the newly discovered door without incident.

Lucrezia continued her surveillance of Alessandro, but continued to pose no threat herself.

Diana met them as they returned, " What news?"

Top Bottom