• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Ferromani Nights: Strange Tales and Dreadful Deeds ( Chapter 2)

Uqbarian

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The group turns and manages to emerge through the newly discovered door without incident.

Lucrezia continued her surveillance of Alessandro, but continued to pose no threat herself.

Diana met them as they returned, " What news?"
"We didn't see any crabs. But the tunnel seems to lead to the house of one of your neighbours."

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria nods, and adds "The new neighbours, by the look of it. It seems the unexpected aquatic visitation came from an uncapped cistern down below. The damp from that has also had predictable effects on the doors and other fittings about the place."

She explains to her sister "If any repair work is to be done, it will attract attention from the noise, so it seems that another meeting with the new people next door is required." then smiles as she offers the suggestion "Perhaps they may even contribute something to the cost, rather than deal with the annoyance of discovering yet another repair required to a residence but recently moved in to?"

Maria concludes "I'd rather hand our dear brother a done deal than argue with him about the material costs and hire of carpenters. Pointless as arguing with the lagoon's tide. Much simpler to get him to agree to it if it's already arranged, and with the sweetener of a contribution to the costs."

She shrugs and asks the most important questions she can think of involving that task of Diana "So what do you reckon the chances of our new neighbours being both agreeable and wealthy enough to spare some coin for the repairs are?"

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
"We didn't see any crabs. But the tunnel seems to lead to the house of one of your neighbours."
Maria nods, and adds "The new neighbours, by the look of it. It seems the unexpected aquatic visitation came from an uncapped cistern down below. The damp from that has also had predictable effects on the doors and other fittings about the place."

She explains to her sister "If any repair work is to be done, it will attract attention from the noise, so it seems that another meeting with the new people next door is required." then smiles as she offers the suggestion "Perhaps they may even contribute something to the cost, rather than deal with the annoyance of discovering yet another repair required to a residence but recently moved in to?"

Maria concludes "I'd rather hand our dear brother a done deal than argue with him about the material costs and hire of carpenters. Pointless as arguing with the lagoon's tide. Much simpler to get him to agree to it if it's already arranged, and with the sweetener of a contribution to the costs."

She shrugs and asks the most important questions she can think of involving that task of Diana "So what do you reckon the chances of our new neighbours being both agreeable and wealthy enough to spare some coin for the repairs are?"
Diana smoothed down her dress with a quick glance at Lucrezia then shrugged and continued, " Ah, I think Zampa will agree when I say they are quite.....peculiar. I mean I'm sure they have some wealth to be able to take over the property so quickly but after our conversation I do admit to being a little.....disconcerted with the idea of visiting them again."

" The matriach is.....how would you describe her Zampa? And though I only saw a couple of other people there they were both on the.....ah.....queer side."

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Maria follows Diana's glance, gives the tiniest of shrugs in response and suggests to Alessandro and Giovanni "I think perhaps after the excitement downstairs you might want to take a stroll around the garden a while with our guest. You can all keep watch on each other." then giggles as she adds "Even Mama could find no moral fault in that arrangement."

She turns to her fleet footed apprentice and asks him "Lumio, please be so kind as to fetch me a candle from the kitchen, and we shall attempt to find a solution to the matter of the cellar. I think a map of some kind is in order, and a quiet chat first."

OOC: I suspect Diana will be a little more forthcoming on the matter, and less obliged to be scandalized by Zampa's likely pronouncements on the new folk next door without the gentlemen present, or Lucrezia about. And Maria wants a word with Lumio when he gets back. Don't worry, Maria or Zampa will pass on any pertinent details or impertinent rumors that may prove useful later, as I have a plan to get Lucrezia off Alessandro's back for a bit with an illusion and a suitable distraction.

When the others have left, Maria asks Diana and Zampa in a soft but steely tone "Please, describe those persons you saw, Diana, and, Zampa, I would like to know why you believe the neighbours to be some form of supernatural threat." then holds up a hand as she offers "I do not doubt you or your instincts in regard to unknown perils, but I would like to know what in particular makes you so sure such caution is required."

As she speaks she attempts to map what she has seen underground to what she can see from above, silver point moving over the unfolded scrap of parchment from her sleeve.

Uqbarian

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Maria follows Diana's glance, gives the tiniest of shrugs in response and suggests to Alessandro and Giovanni "I think perhaps after the excitement downstairs you might want to take a stroll around the garden a while with our guest. You can all keep watch on each other." then giggles as she adds "Even Mama could find no moral fault in that arrangement."
"Certainly, signora."

Top Bottom