• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Final Fantasy XIV

Icarium

Validated User
Yeah, the mount thing is better than seals, but what annoys me is by the time you get done with a zone, you fly, so it's ... kinda eh? I will probably buy some maps just 'cause I'm near 500 currency and that's the cap.

(Spoilers For 76-77 MSQ and Amh Araeng)
Spoiler: Show
I feel conflicted. I really don't wanna kill Minifilia so Minfilia can return - and I like Minfilia. I also want Minfilia back, she deserves it after sacrificing so much. It's unlikely with the themes of the expac, but we've been failing in important ways, I want a win and that'd be a win for me.

Note - dunno what happens as I just got there the second time and in the mining town. Just ... damn, that's a good conflict they setup.

Last edited:

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
Yeah, the mount thing is better than seals, but what annoys me is by the time you get done with a zone, you fly, so it's ... kinda eh? I will probably buy some maps just 'cause I'm near 500 currency and that's the cap.
With most zones you can get the vendor a decent chunk before you can get flight, at least; and you need some extra XP to get through MSQ anyway so might as well hit up a couple fates.

PilgrimLazy

Spelunking Plato's cave
Validated User
Welcome to Final Fantasy: Shadowbunnies.

Upon beginning the expansion, several cutscenes will play in order. Please set aside enough time to watch them. (My WHM got to 71 off all the healer daily insta-queues while my RDM had yet to hit anything.)

Contrary to expectations, not every Viera is a Dancer. Some of them are Gunblades. (The two Viera genders?)*

For a world of light, this story is dark. After 5.0, I expect a repeatable quest to provide psychotherapy to...everyone.

I was afraid Eulmore was going to be worse. I thought it was just going to be callousness; the idle rich protected by some Allagan tech or something, just not caring about the fate of the world, ruled by an amoral leader. Having it be cartoonishly evil was almost a relief. Marking time until Mad Max Boss Dude devours/is devoured by his Sin Eaters and turns into a Trial...

That was...something new. Experiencing grief second-hand. We just met Tasleen today, but Alisaie's known her for years...and then of course, she's a dungeon boss. Pity they didn't have her acknowledge us.

That Big Damn Hero moment would have been a lot less impressive if it was day. And didn't I read a story about when this happens?

*Favorite new lore: Viera males do exist, we just can't see them.

vernuf

Validated User
So yesterday I did the first dungeon and tried out the Trust system as a Ninja. It wasn't too bad. I only died once in the first boss fight and then after that everything went smoothly.

The only issue I had was all the gear I got was Healer gear and my highest Healer level is 45.

Last edited:

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
That was...something new. Experiencing grief second-hand. We just met Tasleen today, but Alisaie's known her for years...and then of course, she's a dungeon boss. Pity they didn't have her acknowledge us.
She acknowledges Alisaie if you bring her along with you using Trusts.

Icarium

Validated User
Thoughts up MSQ78 or so:

Okay, even if Emet is being 100% honest - which I doubt, in the details - yeah, the Ascians are evil bastards. No 'balance' or anything else. They want their home and because people aren't all powerful Echo users like they were, they aren't actually people and can murder them all in order to get their home back, it's like slaughtering animals, not people.

I'm interested in seeing more, and am curious about Hydylaen's view on things.

FortMan

Viva Romanesco!
Validated User
Thoughts up MSQ78 or so:

Okay, even if Emet is being 100% honest - which I doubt, in the details - yeah, the Ascians are evil bastards. No 'balance' or anything else. They want their home and because people aren't all powerful Echo users like they were, they aren't actually people and can murder them all in order to get their home back, it's like slaughtering animals, not people.

I'm interested in seeing more, and am curious about Hydylaen's view on things.
There will be explanations for you along the way to the end. It will make some sense.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
Yeah, what I'm seeing is that:

I actually believe him. Granted, it's for a 'meta reason.' Basically the devs would not, I feel, go out of their way to do all of these cutscene stories only at the end to go 'LOL JK GUISE they're generic gods lol.' That's something that...I think these writers are quite above. Don't get me wrong, I've been making some predictions so far, and a few have come true. I don't MIND this actually, I like being able to piece things together and make calls, but for this I actually don't think he's straight-up lying to us.

While I believe there are a few embellishments, perhaps, I actually DO believe the core. And I do believe with Hydaelyn's ability to sort of-split things, that's yeah, what happened. And I think that neither one is good/bad(out of Zodiark/Hydalyn), and I actually believe the original followers were cool; but yeah while Ascians take it too far I'm admittedly not smitten with Hydaelyn's original paranoid summoners(granted, they happened so long ago it's like, nothing big but I DO think that side probably fucked up first, but like most 'light side' stuff that messes up they deny it.)

I also think that we were split from something way back then, and that there another...couple of us scattered around(though they don't look like us, or maybe even act like us.) We as in the WoL. I wouldn't doubt that we have some 'counterparts' around that came from one soul way way back then. Which would be kinda cool.

Continuing predictions(Almost at the end):

Vauthry is tied to Innocence
Zenos is going to stab the shit out of Garlemald and somehow accidentally save Eorzea in the process(or at least cause the war to end) even if its for his own reasons(though Urianger said nothing about this, I know...)
Exarch IS tied to G'raha somehow indeed

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
I also think that we were split from something way back then, and that there another...couple of us scattered around(though they don't look like us, or maybe even act like us.) We as in the WoL. I wouldn't doubt that we have some 'counterparts' around that came from one soul way way back then. Which would be kinda cool.
Near of end MSQ spoiler, like at level 80 stuff.

We have already met one of those counterparts.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
I mean going by the story:

There's probably lots more than one. Some we may never meet, of course; I've not doubted we've met at LEAST one, and I wouldn't be surprised if we've met one or two more.

Top Bottom