• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Final Fantasy XIV

JustJo

Mother Knows Best
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Nu Mou are pretty amazing, yes.

Did you do any of the sidequests in Il Mheg? There's a hilarious one involving Urianger everyone should do.
Still in Il Mheg (just killed Titania so not sure if I'll be there much longer though.)

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
Still in Il Mheg (just killed Titania so not sure if I'll be there much longer though.)
If you haven't done any of the Il Mheg sidequests... There's a fairy outside of Urianger's house. Do that one.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This expansion did a lot to raise my opinion of Urianger. And I already liked him well enough.

Still jealous that his dress is prettier than any of mine though.

Ariketh

Validated User
This expansion did a lot to raise my opinion of Urianger. And I already liked him well enough.

Still jealous that his dress is prettier than any of mine though.
He's wearing the 80 AST armor that you get from the MSQ. If you want his pretty dress, you can have it. :) It looked pretty good on my male miqo'te, but I feel it looks kinda meh after I fantasia'd to hrothgar.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
So there was a pretty big Q&A! There will be some class changes(NIN, SMN and SAM seem to be up front, getting tweaks even before 5.1, and then more then). They are doing something about crafting/gathering in 5.1; I'm not sure exactly what(probably going to prep for the big Ishgard restoration), but Desynth is said to be getting a big overhaul apparently. Which I wouldn't mind; it's sort of a depreciated skill, IMO. You use it for demimateria and...that's about it? And demimateria nowadays is nowhere near as valuable as it used to be. (Field 3's still sell well and pretty highly, due to them being a part of a lot of furniture/vanity stuff, but the rest are a little middling, and the others you can get with scrip, making it so the skill isn't what it was as needed for back in the day.)

They aren't *removing* it but apparently are making it so you no longer have to level it up. Basically you'll use it to reclaim materials now(which I'm getting a feeling you might be wanting to do with the restoration, by the sound, in particular with rarer mats.) 5.1 looks to be quite robust with beast tribes, the restoration of Ishgard, YorHa, and likely a couple of dungeons(a new one and a hard mode) on top of it, along with End Boss EX and the first Ultimate(which is anyone's guess, but people seem to be leaning toward a Heavensward guess for this, so either Alexander, the Warring Triad or Thordan, but it's just speculation.) the .1 patches can sometimes be a little thin(3.1 was a snappy MSQ and a couple hard mode dungeons), but this one seems to be strong.

A big thing: they are making plans-for 5.3+ mind you(so this won't be until at least next summer assuming no delays), to 'condense' the ARR story somewhat to make it a bit more newbie-friendly. This has been something they've been wanting to do for awhile. I suspect that they'll be trimming down Titan somewhat, maybe taking some busywork from the 2.X series. likely cleaning up the Castrum/Praetorium run(people have suggested two solo duties and then a trial for Ultima weapon, I'm curious if they'll go that route, or maybe 4 man Trusts), and maybe that early part where you need 3 dungeons and then Ifrit to really get going. I wonder what they'll plan. I don't want them to take ALL the insides out of it, but some trimming of the fat would be welcome.

You can read the big info dump here. (Of course, they can't really go into spoilery story territory.)

JustJo

Mother Knows Best
Staff member
RPGnet Member
OK, this storyline is amazing.

Spoiler: Show
If it were a Bioware game: I would be in a doomed relationship with Emet-Selch by now. Also - I assume there is Estinian/ Gaius slashfic all over the internet.

Shade the Lost

Validated User
By the way, how much of what we're told in Amaurot should we truly believe? Some of it we'll get (or have gotten) confirmation from other sources for... but given everything we're told there is basically being told to us by Emet himself, I'm going to take it all with a pretty big grain of salt. Specifically, things like the nature of and circumstances of the fall of the Ascians. I don't think Emet would have pursued his goal so doggedly if he did not believe it to be true, but that doesn't mean I can't be wrong, nor does it prevent Emet from being victimized by deception, possibly self-deception.

In essence? He spins a good yarn to look like a good guy, or justified bad guy, but I'm still not buying it 100%.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
I really don't think either Emet OR Hydaelyn told us everything. To be fair, since I DO believe the whole primal thing, the fact Hydaelyn hid that from us makes me question the whys behind that. See I can buy that Ascians would embellish(I DO think, though, he's telling the truth, just not the whole truth, he's omitting I think rather than lying), and for me further proof of that is that the Word of the Mother didn't try to dispute anything he said(before she disappeared, that is.) I think had it been an outright lie the Word would have sorta summoned us to Crystal World and told us. That said, Hydaelyn hid the true story from us in the first place, so who knows. I don't think they're playing a game or anything like that but I'd like to know why, and they DID say we'd be learning more about the past and such, so I guess we'll find out what was being left out.

I like what I saw someone said: 'Hydaelyn's blessing makes you forget, Zodiark's curse makes you remember.' Forgetting things due to Hydaelyn's influence seems to be intended. Maybe by the original summoners(I can see, perhaps, the Dissenting Bunch maybe, when willing the primal into existence, wanting a sort of 'memory lock' or something on things to try to stop it from happening again.) Which, actually, would explain why we weren't told anything; because the primal could have been summoned with that in mind, thus it would explain why we didn't have this explained.

Also a speculation on the dissenting bunch; someone thought that, seeing Sharlayan stuff in the Akademia-that the Circle of Knowing/the scholars of Sharlayan could maybe be the other people who are descended FROM that dissenting bunch. We weren't the only one-there were a whole other group, and I could maybe see their descendants becoming that bunch maybe.

I have to say I believe most of what I heard, since otherwise I feel that we would have, again, been yoinked pretty fast to crystalworld and told that he was lying. I just don't really think Emet had any reason to outright lie to us. It's like there was really nothing to gain from it. He'd have gained MORE by obfuscating a lot more than he did, to be honest.I mean I'm more or less expecting to find out it was less of a utopia that he let on, that I'm pretty sure is a case(more dissent than what was told, etc), but I don't think that the actual story was made up.

sun_tzu

Validated User
Huh. Free week. And I have my operational laptop. Might be a good time to dive back in the game...

Top Bottom