• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Final Fantasy XIV

vernuf

Validated User
Until the current expansion, NIN was my main job and is currently at 72. I changed to DNC shortly after starting Shadowbringers and that became my favorite, but still like NIN. BLU is at 41

Icarium

Validated User
They mentioned they may be redoing the Mudra system a bit and drawing in bits of DNC. If they do I might like it more.

IE instead of trying to weave multi-button mudras between attacks, you chain them together /as/ actions and their effects are boosted, like how DNC's dances are. Like Standard Step for basically (little more complicated) 2 GCD @ 1000 potency, or 500 potency per cooldown.

Snumpus

Validated User
I've been giving FFXIV another go, as my last shot at it got derailed by computer problems and real life, but I suddenly have a lot of free time right now. I've been trying to make a character on Phoenix, because I have a friend there, but it seems like it's permanently locked. I even tried just as the servers were due to go down, and still couldn't get on. I'm trying to decide if I should just hang on until the school holidays + new expansion rush are over, or if I should give up and just make a character in the same data centre. It looks like that would have some restrictions though, like not being able to join the same guild.

In the meantime I made a character on one of the US servers, Faerie, because I have a cyclical sleep pattern and it will be nice to have something to play when I'm on US-compatible hours. The latency is a bit of a struggle though. I get hit by AoEs that, on my screen, I'm not standing in. I fear I'll be more of a hindrance than a help to group content.

Icarium

Validated User
Yeah, looking at their server page, Phoenix is flagged as congested. It won't ever open up till that changes. Your best bet if you wanna interact with your friend well is to create on Lich, Twintania (which is New, so you might get bonuses) or Zodiark. With cross-world travel, you can do some quests together, and you can always dungeon/raid/etc together via party finder.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There are a few of us from RPG.net over on Faerie -- if you ever spot anyone with the Free Company tag 'VGO', that's one of us. It's not a hugely active FC, but we're there, at least -- if you want to join up, look for one of us and we can get you in. (I'm Azami Atsumori -- feel free to say hi, if nothing else!)

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
There are also a fair few of us in LGBTQ, if you want a bigger and equally welcoming FC.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
When it comes to character creation, sometimes realms can be temporarily closed(it depends how many people are logged in at the moment-I always found that kiiinda silly since they should be looking at overall active pop but it is what it is), and ones locked until changed. Congested servers, as said, are always locked to character creation.

Other ones can come and go; you can even have a *preferred* server temporarily locked(these can change within very short amounts of time, so keep trying.)

Of all the DCs, it seems oddly over in the West *primal* is the most congested at the moment-everyone thought it would be Aether, but according to this list Primal ended up the Packed DC. Why? I can't say since it certainly felt like everyone jumped to Aether ASAP for raiding but then...stepped away?

sun_tzu

Validated User
I tried to play my old Arcanist level 17 character. I got promptly slaughtered. ...Maybe I should locate an Arcanist guide. :LOL:

Snumpus

Validated User
Thanks for clearing that up, folks -- it's good to know it's not worth hanging around for a spot on Phoenix right now. I made my EU character on Zodiark, for the shallow reason that I like the name. I'll maybe move to Phoenix if it opens up in the future; we'll see who I meet on Zodiark! My character there is Meru Mehani, if anyone else plays on the Light data centre.

There are a few of us from RPG.net over on Faerie -- if you ever spot anyone with the Free Company tag 'VGO', that's one of us. It's not a hugely active FC, but we're there, at least -- if you want to join up, look for one of us and we can get you in. (I'm Azami Atsumori -- feel free to say hi, if nothing else!)
Thank you -- I'll send you a friends request when I'm in game! :)

There are also a fair few of us in LGBTQ, if you want a bigger and equally welcoming FC.
Judging by the name, that sounds right up my street! :) If you all don't mind having a laggy liability along, I'd love to.

My character on Faerie is Sera Salamir. (Apparently I have a thing for alliteration.)

Top Bottom