• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Final Fantasy XIV

Icarium

Validated User
"Nice" to see that FFXIV has its share of trolls. Rarer than some, but still.

Was in a Sepultre run today, and some guy immediately pulled the boss then jumped off the edge. When res'd, he refused to res. As in, said right out on channel that he wasn't going to res. Basically started the fight then had everyone else fight him, and you can't boot during a fight, so.

I reported him after.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
I have an alt on Light; Sertor Herculius. He's sort of an 'experiment' character where I wanted to see how far I could get on a New server(with new bonuses, he's on Twintania), in a couple of jobs and the crafting classes. Just as a fun side distraction.

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
My group managed to wipe in LotA on Atomos because our tank pulled early and didn't drag adds back to be killed, resulting in the DPS dying and then the adds killing the platform-standers.

Icarium

Validated User
Atomos can be hilarious in a dumb way.

Gogogo gets bad when you rush so far ahead that when you pull, everyone ends up in A's area and so the game spawns a killer mob to kill everyone. (If there aren't four people on each pedestal for a set time, it spawns a mob that one shots when hit, and as it ports people to the first section after the time runs out...)

Goodsport

Adventurer
Validated User
I'm considering trying out the free first 35 levels of this game, even though (as with all MMO's) it'll likely take quite a time commitment. :)

Will I find it worth it or will I be disappointed? :confused:

-G

Icarium

Validated User
Depends.

Thing to remember is a lot of classes are a bit slow till later. the ARR story is good, but interwoven with a LOT of filler.

For the first 35 levels, I think you'd have most fun with THM/BLM or maybe Archer/Bard.

Goodsport

Adventurer
Validated User
Depends.

Thing to remember is a lot of classes are a bit slow till later. the ARR story is good, but interwoven with a LOT of filler.

For the first 35 levels, I think you'd have most fun with THM/BLM or maybe Archer/Bard.
Sounds good. Thank you for the info. :)

I just finished downloading the trial and have started playing a bit, though I'll likely have more time to really dig into it in the next few days.

-G

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
All of the classes have their strengths and weaknesses, and gradually grow into very different play styles. If you find you're not enjoying a class, you can always go over to another guild and try out another one. The Armory Bonus system (bonus XP for any class that's below your highest level one) makes catching up relatively easy.

If you end up liking the game, you might want to ask around the thread for a Recruit-a-Friend code before you buy a subscription. It gets some small but useful bonuses for both you and whoever your recruiter ends up being.

Welcome to the game! Hope you enjoy it. I always classify the level 1-50 story as being 'good for an MMO,' with the strengths and weaknesses that implies, but it only gets better from there.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
Yes, welcome! and I definitely agree with that assessment of ARR. Good story for an MMO. The rest get quite awesome. I'm replaying it on my sort of Experiment Alt(where I see how high I can get him before we leave for vacation sept. 12) on a new server, which has some nifty benefits(the double XP, and a once-per-data center million gil dropped onto your character after reaching 30, and new/preferred servers also gift you with 15 days sub time once per service account upon reaching 30. NOTE I'm not sure if you already NEED a sub for these? I need to look into that.)

But I'd say take your time and mess with the jobs(including crafting and gathering!) and get a feel for it.

sun_tzu

Validated User
*plays main story through Iffrit fight and joining a Grand Company*
Huh. I'd forgotten how little had been done to establish the Primals before you fight one for the first time. "Hey, here's a giant boss monster for you to fight. And now, let's explain why those boss monsters are extremely central to the setting and its problems."

Top Bottom