• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses general discussion (spoilers ok for first act)

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
Hey all, breaking off from the general Fire Emblem thread, because Three Houses is so good, it deserves its own thread. Seriously, if you’ve ever wanted to be the protagonist of a magic school anime, you need to get this game.

Feel free to post favorite supports, mechanics questions, memes, whatever. I was thinking maybe keep second-act spoilers blocked for now, since most people are still working on a first playthrough, but first act should be cool to post about.

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
Personally I have tons of things I want to talk about, but I need to mention how Flayn’s voice actor took a character that would normally be pretty annoying, and made her absolutely hilarious. Her line delivery kills me! Her C support with Sylvain is absolutely amazing, and the part in her B support with Byleth where she’s talking about the fine art of haggling? Dead.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
Personally I have tons of things I want to talk about, but I need to mention how Flayn’s voice actor took a character that would normally be pretty annoying, and made her absolutely hilarious. Her line delivery kills me! Her C support with Sylvain is absolutely amazing, and the part in her B support with Byleth where she’s talking about the fine art of haggling? Dead.
Same goes for Sothis. Just look at her scene after the first skirmish where she's admonishing Byleth. That could easily be annoying or even silly if the voice acting was grave and serious, but she hits the perfect note of weary sarcasm when she's talking about reversing time like she's forced to go through this annoying scripted speech every time she does this, and it just works.

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've to say, I'm quite regretting playing it on normal or whatever the difficulty is. Hard is a much more interesting challenge, Normal is ... well, I didnt feel really pressured at any moment.

Menchi

Validated User
I'm absolutely loving it. And after the time jump it definitely has me curious to see how the other three storylines play out.

I'm playing Golden Deer in this play through and the characterisations are really good. Characters I thought would annoy me ended up being endearing and likeable. The activity points mechanic makes for an interesting game outside of the fighting too.

Definitely one of my games of the year.

Conan

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
Same goes for Sothis. Just look at her scene after the first skirmish where she's admonishing Byleth. That could easily be annoying or even silly if the voice acting was grave and serious, but she hits the perfect note of weary sarcasm when she's talking about reversing time like she's forced to go through this annoying scripted speech every time she does this, and it just works.
Yes, absolutely, she’s great! There’s really an awful lot of good voice work in this game

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
I've to say, I'm quite regretting playing it on normal or whatever the difficulty is. Hard is a much more interesting challenge, Normal is ... well, I didnt feel really pressured at any moment.
It is pretty easy on Normal, but I think that’s a good thing, if the game draws in people who haven’t played earlier Fires Emblem. I guess in addition to Hard they’re planning a Lunatic mode as well, so there’ll be plenty of difficulty to be had, and fortunately the game has a lot of replay value story-wise as well.

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
I'm absolutely loving it. And after the time jump it definitely has me curious to see how the other three storylines play out.

I'm playing Golden Deer in this play through and the characterisations are really good. Characters I thought would annoy me ended up being endearing and likeable. The activity points mechanic makes for an interesting game outside of the fighting too.

Definitely one of my games of the year.

Conan
I’m fortunate that two other people in my house are playing it, and they’re playing the other routes, so I’m getting to see how all three stories unfold (technically I guess there are four stories, but that one will have to wait). I mean, I’m absolutely going to replay the game immediately after I finish it, but I’m probably going to play the Blue Lions again.

Walla Walla

Validated User
So I learned that I should have been training Manuela even if I don't use her often. Warp is useless if only your tactical nuke can use it.

lorddaftwager

Validated User
I managed to get my hands on a rental copy a few days ago - I've been loving it so far. Can't wait to get my own copy once I have disposable income again.

As far as difficulty goes, this is my first game in the series, and while I'm content with normal/classic mode, I've caught myself wishing I had gone for hard difficulty more than once. Hopefully the difficulty will increase as I get deeper into the game.

Top Bottom