• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses general discussion (spoilers ok for first act)

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
I'm still fairly early in my first playthrough as Blue Lions, but I love all my terrible children. Dedue no sells attacks then crushes. Felix destroys with his sword. Sylvain I was a little unsure of with his womanizing, but he's got hidden depths and is a monster in fights. My magical girls, Mercedes and Annette, heal and hurt.

Before I started, I saw my wife playing, and she had Ingrid assisting, said she'd read she was pretty good. So I went in with the mindset that Ingrid is awesome (which she may be, but ends up in the back rank so doesn't get into the fight as much).
Ingrid. Is. Amazing. Trust me on this. Also, Dimitri is an absolute beast once you get going, but all the lords are, I think.

So Blue Lion and Golden Deer stans, who doesn't stand out? Who just can't ever seem to make the cut? :)
Honestly, no one. Annette is probably the weakest link, especially if you have Lysithea, but she is in no way bad at her job. I mean, they are the jock house (to BE’s goths, and GD’s theater kids), so they’re all relatively good at fighting.

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
For me so far in GD, I'd say it's Ignatz. Poor, loveable nice dude Ignatz. He's currently my lowest level kid, just like he was the first time. As soon as Shamir joins the fun, Iggy ends up sitting on the bench or, once I have enough slots, trying to catch up as an Adjutant. Actually, Iggy's sidelined even before Shamir, poor guy, I just can't ever seem to get him kills.

Hrm. Lysithea is lagging a bit, especially now that I've got some more magic kids joining the class, but she's a badass who will be fine. Ignatz, though? I've resorted to glomming him on to Byleth for the sweet Adjutant XP, and I'm trying to figure out what to aim for him class-wise in a bid to make him more useful.

Walla Walla

Validated User
The closest thing to a lackluster unit in the Deer would be Ignatz. I gave him a Wo Dao and a Killer Bow and he crit often enough, but his speed and strength are lacking.

Walla Walla

Validated User
Ignatz performed great as an Assassin. Go Myrmidon/Thief-Assassin and he's a shit-wrecking dodge tank.

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Ignatz performed great as an Assassin. Go Myrmidon/Thief-Assassin and he's a shit-wrecking dodge tank.
Hrm. Think I'll try that, then. Should still have time.

Still, though, with Byleth, Hilda, Raphael, the lance twins Leonie and Lorenz, and the addition of Catherine, Felix, and probably one or two other folks I'm forgetting maybe, I have plenty of melee fighters. Wanted to keep him as some flavor of ranged warrior. Will have to think on this. (And he'll probably continue to sit on the sidelines as I ponder. Sorry, Iggy!)

Walla Walla

Validated User
If you're using recruited children then it's probably not worth it. I took my entire starting class to endgame; only adding in Cyril, Flayn and Seteth as deployment allowed. It's what I plan to do with every class on the first run.

I liked Assassin for Ignatz because of Stealth. It's a more reliable version of Shade from the Tellius games. I mainly used him to delete flyers and chip anything else.

Beckett

Golden Wyvern Adept
Validated User
Ingrid. Is. Amazing. Trust me on this. Also, Dimitri is an absolute beast once you get going, but all the lords are, I think.
I'm seeing the slow strength gain, but no complaints. And she'll be flying soon.

Oh, yes, Dimitri is a beast. Dedue retaliates hard, but Dimitri is probably taking two swings... if he doesn't crit the first time.

And can't forget about Ashe, who's fine as an archer, but also doesn't need keys.

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
I'm seeing the slow strength gain, but no complaints. And she'll be flying soon.

Oh, yes, Dimitri is a beast. Dedue retaliates hard, but Dimitri is probably taking two swings... if he doesn't crit the first time.

And can't forget about Ashe, who's fine as an archer, but also doesn't need keys.
Ooh, yeah, the lockpicking was useful right out of the gate, and he’s a very good archer, although he didn’t get really amazing in my playthrough until pretty close to the end. He has some of the best supports, too.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User

For recruitment purposes and motivating my own students I grow flowers like mad. As soon as bonemeal cultivation is a go, I grow three different flowers: purple, yellow, and white for strength, magic, and charm respectively. Give Ingrid a couple of the purple burdock items and strap her to a pegasus and watch her wreck people.

Walla Walla

Validated User
So, Black Eagles time. I'm already on Chapter 4 and NG+ completely trivializes the early game. Bernadette is going for Bow Knight; Ferdinand will be a Great Knight; Petra will eventually be a Falcon Knight; Hubert and Lindhart will be Dark Knights; I'm strongly tempted to make Dorothea a Swordmaster and Byleth will join Caspar in being a punch man. Edelguard will just do whatever.

Top Bottom