• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses general discussion (spoilers ok for first act)

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
MadCow MadCow Once I unlocked Advanced Classes I began to plan for my endgame classes. The only units who got 100% were Lysithea and Lorenz; the rest were around 85-90. I just saved before taking the exam and reloaded if they failed.
Isn't the RNG pre-seeded, so even if you reload you will still end up with the same result?
But I guess it saves you a master seal...

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
MadCow MadCow Once I unlocked Advanced Classes I began to plan for my endgame classes. The only units who got 100% were Lysithea and Lorenz; the rest were around 85-90. I just saved before taking the exam and reloaded if they failed.

T Tokezo Tenken All of the Paralogues have expiration dates, with most in Part 1 expiring on 2/28. So you have time. If you have Lorenz's unlocked, I would suggest doing it ASAP. Also, they scale differently than chapter battles. I'm on Hard and haven't felt challenged yet, but I usually have to be 3-4 levels above what's recommended for the Paralogues and they still give me trouble.

For Battalions, I just hand out the strongest to whoever can use them. You get the better ones later, and my best uses for them is with mounted units. Hit 2 or 3 enemies with a battalion and canto out of range until next turn.

And Mercedes takes her time. It took her nearly 2 months to join me and that was after Chapter 9.
Ugh, Dorothea is too valuable and well on her way to Gremory (as is Lysithea) to be a Dancer. *shakes fist at heavens*

Bernadetta's Cha is frankly terrible as are most of her stats. I had high hopes for her and I know her capstone skill and her crest (when it activates) plus her combo of abilities are amazing, but her Str 12 at Lvl 14 is just dreadful. Too bad her Cha is 11... although that +5 training I've heard about would put her in Dancer range, I guess? Actually, can I train her like that a couple or three times that month prior to the contest?

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
IIRC you can only do dance training once, unfortunately. But successful tea parties can also increase Cha.

Also, one of the characters you talk to will tell you the expected (projected?) Cha need to win the dance... just don't remember who it was.

Walla Walla

Validated User
Isn't the RNG pre-seeded, so even if you reload you will still end up with the same result?
But I guess it saves you a master seal...
It is but only for that week. You can always try again next week.

T Tokezo Tenken You can only do training once but a 14 Charm should be enough. You may want to make a backup save before you choose her in case she still fails.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
IIRC you can only do dance training once, unfortunately. But successful tea parties can also increase Cha.

Also, one of the characters you talk to will tell you the expected (projected?) Cha need to win the dance... just don't remember who it was.
I'm fairly certain it's Manuela.

It is but only for that week. You can always try again next week.

T Tokezo Tenken You can only do training once but a 14 Charm should be enough. You may want to make a backup save before you choose her in case she still fails.
Thanks! Yeah, I'll definitely save beforehand. I'm hoping a 16 Cha will do the trick with that +5 bonus.

Walla Walla

Validated User
My Ignatz failed with 14 charm, so there’s still some RNG past Manuela’s recommendation. Sounds like I was unlucky though.
I sent in Flayn with 28 Charm. In retrospect I should have chosen someone else and let her wreck things with gambits on a pegasus.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
lol the very next post-instruction time (I decided one more week of instruction before going into the paralogues) Mercedes joins and she's a pretty damn good magic user plus she came in with 14 Cha. I think I can just switch her goals to Faith and Authority (since battalions do damage based off Cha, it pairs well) and she'll be my Dancing Bishop.

Now back to adjutant for Bernadetta. Let's hope her Str growths correct themselves!

Oh and now only Raphael, Leonie (who can't join yet), and Ignatz left to sign up!

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Ugh. Feeling a major urge to restart and do Golden Deer over again from the beginning, this time kinda knowing what I'm doing. I think I can get back to this point fairly pain-free, and I rather enjoy the battles so I won't mind redoing them. I want more people around, more students and faculty, and I want to get as many of the B supports done early as I can, and I want to make better training choices for everybody, and, and, and...

Ugh. Fine. But dang it, if I don't end up finishing the game, I'll be very sad with Currently Present But Will Then Be Past Me.

P.S. I love this game oh my god

Top Bottom