• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses general discussion (spoilers ok for first act)

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
Ugh. Feeling a major urge to restart and do Golden Deer over again from the beginning, this time kinda knowing what I'm doing. I think I can get back to this point fairly pain-free, and I rather enjoy the battles so I won't mind redoing them. I want more people around, more students and faculty, and I want to get as many of the B supports done early as I can, and I want to make better training choices for everybody, and, and, and...

Ugh. Fine. But dang it, if I don't end up finishing the game, I'll be very sad with Currently Present But Will Then Be Past Me.

P.S. I love this game oh my god
By the by, someone calculated the various monastery actions to see what generates the most support and it’s sharing a meal especially if it has the red arrow for double support. If I read it correctly, sharing a meal even outpaces a tea party excluding gifts but you can give gifts outside the tea party.

I tested it and on Ch. 7 I have all but three students in my house and two of those are at B support and one is C+. I even have most of the faculty you can recruit at C or C+.

The one caveat is I’m playing Black Eagles so Hilda isn’t a candidate for recruitment which saves me some resources.

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Good to know, that was what I ended up gravitating to, and by paying a bit more attention in my last few play sessions, I ended up getting a lot of support with a lot of folks relatively quickly. Though I do try to keep it to three meals and maybe a cooking lesson for RP purposes most days. :)

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
Good to know, that was what I ended up gravitating to, and by paying a bit more attention in my last few play sessions, I ended up getting a lot of support with a lot of folks relatively quickly. Though I do try to keep it to three meals and maybe a cooking lesson for RP purposes most days. :)
The great thing is once you get rolling with the gardening for flowers and open the merchants up, it accelerates to the point where you have several free activity points to do your own training and such!

Walla Walla

Validated User
Managed to complete Marianne's Paralogue last night.

Spoiler: Show
And let me just say:

Fuck You Game

That has to be one of the most artificially difficult maps I've ever played, and I enjoy Conquest's game play. I managed to do it in 2 turns, but I seriously wish I had taken screenshots of my stats and every one of those nearly 22 moves because I don't think I can repeat it. The reward barely feels worth it.

One good thing is after you complete it the game tells you what her Crest is and it's ability.

Apologies if anyone felt spoiled before the edit.

Last edited:

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
Well, that's something to look forward to, I guess... ;)

So I'm already considering my NG+. I don't know if I can play a route that isn't the route I'm playing now. I've become somehow invested. It's weird.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that unlike previous Fire Emblem games where you have character guides that come out telling you what character is great at what (and which aren't), I think we're also going to get secondary skill guides. For instance, the -3 Weight ability you get for C-Rank Heavy Armor? That's great! It's also not something that would occur to most people to train on the first playthrough since it's so different from how previous FE games work. I'm coming to the conclusion that individual instructor sessions are less and less about honing a character's primary skills (say Axe and Authority for Edelgard) but to bump up small skills to necessary levels (like Sword to D-Rank for Edelgard so she qualifies for Lord which works really well for her) and to train useful abilities like that Heavy Armor skill for magic users, archers, etc.

I think on NG+, I won't bother individual training in something that's already a student goal at all unless it's to unlock a Budding Talent. Bit weird when you think about it.

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Ooh, good point, definitely taking that to heart in my restart (which I started at midnight last night because I am very smart indeed).

I can already feel a difference between my initial blind run through the Prologue and this new run. Knowing what you're doing is nice. :)

Walla Walla

Validated User
I love how nothing is broken because everything is. I can't remember the last time my A team consisted of 4 flyers, 3 mages and a dancer and they're all highly capable. And the C rank benchmarks are so easy to reach you can put off training for them until the mid game and still get plenty of use out of the skills.

I would do many things different if I did Deer again, but I'm going to play every route once before re-doing another. We seem to be back to 2x for effective and killer weapons, but I haven't paid attention enough to the calculations. Other than a Wo Dao+ for Swordmaster/Assassin, effective/killer/brave weapons and longbows have been too heavy to be useful for me. Forged irons and silvers see the most use and there are plenty of Crest weapons to go around.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
Yeah, I got a Killer Axe in a paralogue and immediately thought it was a great day to be Edelgard... and then I saw the stat change from a Steel Axe+ and sold the Killer Axe.

Drfox

Validated User
VGO, I need help. I'm considering getting this game a few months, and I have a critical question:

On a scale of 1 to Absolute Anime Waifu, where do you place [checks spelling] Shamir?

Walla Walla

Validated User
I'm not one for all the waifu shipping, but Shamir is awesome. I haven't really used her at all but my next run will have fewer units and I plan to invest heavily in her.

Top Bottom