Validated User
[HR][/HR]
Liúlàng Zhě (The Wanderer) :: Mayfly Class Survey/Salvage Vessel

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]
|| ENGINES [d8] || HULL [d10] || SYSTEMS [d6] ||

DISTINCTIONS & ASSETS

[HR][/HR]
Timeline: Leaf On The Wind begins four years after the end of the Unification War.

Trigger Event: During one of the last battles of the Unification War, the crew procured the Liúlàng Zhě (Wanderer) in a desperate bid to escape certain annihilation, appropriating the near obsolete mining vessel from an abandoned salvage yard just ahead of advancing Alliance forces. Old as she was and slated for scrap, the stout little ship proved surprisingly tough and agile, dodging or shrugging off potential hazards as they fled the system.

Opening Scene: Over the past four years, the battered old Mayfly has undergone a number of interesting modifications and upgrades both inside and out, not all of them entirely legal like, and the mismatched group that fled the Alliance together have made some small name for themselves in the 'Verse as a capable crew that gets jobs done.

The crew of the Wanderer is currently docked for resupply and routine maintenance on Deadwood, seventh planet in the Blue system. They're supposed to be meeting a guy about a job.

[HR][/HR]
Post Frequency
I am asking for a daily posting commitment for this game as a general rule, with the understanding that posting might be less frequent on weekends and holidays.

Post Absences
If you will NOT be able to post, for whatever reason, please ping us in OOC so we know what is going on or post to the Absences Thread (I pretty much check that thing every time it lights up).

Post Formatting
Please bold your character's name at the top of each IC post OR bold the first instance of your character's name in the body of the post. We all game with lots of folk, sometimes with the same players in different games; this just makes it easier to keep track of which character we're addressing.

OOC blocks are fine for showing dice rolls and brief OOC comments directly related to a particular post. Please sblock if you need to include large blocks of text related to your IC post. All other OOC content should go in the OOC thread itself.

Please roll your dice in the order you list them. And link your results back to your dice roller.

[HR][/HR]
Wiki

IC Thread

[HR][/HR]

Last edited:

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, yeah, a couple minor-but-probably-important things I decided but didn't really say:

Huang is her family name, so Xiulan is her proper name. She mostly goes by Julie in public though; her real name is for her friends and crewmates, and truly worthy opponents.

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Oh, yeah, a couple minor-but-probably-important things I decided but didn't really say:

Huang is her family name, so Xiulan is her proper name. She mostly goes by Julie in public though; her real name is for her friends and crewmates, and truly worthy opponents.
OK. I wondered that when I went to format the first scene with her in it. Do you have a preference for how your character's name appears in the formatting?

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Xiùlán... so I usually have text nearby to copy the accent marks from :cool:

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
OOC: Still learning the dice rule conventions for the system. I'll get into it a bit more as we go. :)
So the base for every roll is going to be Attribute + Skill. Most of the time you will use one of your character's attributes (Physical, Mental, or Social). For ship actions you would use the appropriate ship Attribute (engines, hull, or systems).

To your base roll Attribute + Skill you get to add one relevant distinction (ship's mechanic would work here), plus any relevant specialty (must be tied to the skill you are using). So if you were using Fix, your Motors specialty could apply here, or if you were using Know, your Ship Systems specialty would. Then you can add any relevant assets that apply. In this case both your signature assets could apply. Right tool at the right time and In tune with machinery.

So lets call this a Mental + Know roll and add in your Ship's Systems specialty and your Ship's Mechanic distinction and your signature assets Right Tool at the Right Time and In Tune with Machinery,

In Orokos longhand that would look like this: 1d8; 1d10; 1d6; 1d8; 1d8; 1d6

Orokos shorthand would look like this 1d10; 3#1d8; 2#1d6

Just please don't use the + sign as I need to see individual die faces not tallied totals.

Does that help at all?

Top Bottom