IC [Firefly] Leaf on the Wind

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dec

Studying the remains of the fuel port it seems plain that the port was legit designed to lock out the interior in the event of a malfunction, so that the fuel wouldn't burn inward but out into empty space. But secondary gears should have closed off the external blow almost immediately. What Dec can't quite determine in the morass of hodge podge mangled parts is if the jettisoning of all the fuel in one big messy ball was an accident born of this particular malfunction or intentional sabotage designed to cripple the bird in the event of capture.
Dec, over comms: "I was right. This isn't on Becca; it was definitely sabotage. It's probably worth Becca taking a look to see what else she can find."

OOC: Yes, I know that's not what brahnamin brahnamin said.
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Xiùlán spares him having to ask. "The temple does not, to my knowledge, use any form of genetic enhancement." She ponders. "Though someone on the wrong end of a fight with us might assume otherwise." She ponders more. "I don't know about Ada. She's finely sculpted, but I don't think she's been enhanced."
Becca hadn't reported in, but she seemed to have pulled herself together and that was enough for now. Mel could get a full report later. He turned his attention back to Xiulan. He sighs and says, "Well, who knows why they after us? Hopefully, Dec will manage to find something. Until we know something more definite, we should keep stay open to multiple possibilities. And I'm not sure knowing the answer will make a difference one way or the other--hmm, well, it might help us in faking it look like we complied with their demands."

He looks around the ship. "Alright, let's see if there's anything worth salvaging here. As long as we're dealing with this mess, let's see if we can't make a little money off of it. Maybe something we can sell to my Browncoat connections."

OOC: Mental + Notice + Ship's Captain/ 1d4 + Independent Ties (Ship's Captain stepped down, because he's distracted by the threat to his ship):

Total: 15. Jinxes: 0. Not spending PP on this.
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Episode Two: Safe Passage
Act 2; Scene 2


The Liúlàng Zhě :: Docked with Converted Ram-Ship [Mel, Dec, Veritas, Mike, Becca, Ada, Xiùlán]
OOC: All-natural, thankyouverymuch. :p


"Closed it is then," Ada agrees, getting up and shutting the door to the berth. "And I won't hold a grudge if you escape through the vent and leave me here."

When Yue asks for alcohol, Ada gives her a curious look with a raised eyebrow.

"You're really not how you seem on the surface, my dear. I do happen to have a little brandy, but wouldn't you prefer to have your senses clear?"
"You think very little of me if you think I would flee my charge," Yue observes with a grin. "And you are right that I should not drink at this time. But you should. If your boobs were hollow I imagine the echo of your heart would sound like a kettle drum. My sister is somewhat taken with you, I think." The change of subject, abrupt and without segue is almost companion-level calculated.

Ada herself had been taught to catch men off guard with similar tactics.



Mike whistled at the list of malfunctions. "That's going to make landing a bit interesting," he said. "Maybe even a bit more energetic than we'd like."

"Okay. But that doesn't tell me if she is injured or not, Chakou," Mike replied. "And, if she's injured, is she physically capable of reeling herself in or if she need help."

OOC: I was going to mention that in an ooc box, earlier.
Chākǒu adds Becca's suit telemetry and vitals to the top of the screen detailing the damage to the ship. "Her breathing is vacillating between shallow and labored and her heart is hammering along, fast but strong and within safe parameters for physical exertion in vacuum. Blood pressure is stable, as is body temperature and oxygen. She seems fine, physically."

OOC: Given what's caked to your hull, a repair satellite or orbiting space station or asteroid yard are probably all better options than risking re-entry to have repairs and cleaning done planetside.




There was a *thunk thunk* from the outer hull, a sure sound of magnetic boots hitting the hull and taking grip. "I'm okay," Becca came back across the she didn't quite sniffle, but a "on the hull. Gotta start cleaning the excess off the hull."

*thunk, thunk, thunk thunk…*

She was moving around out there.
The reality of the situation punches through Becca's remorse rather quickly. She just doesn't have the equipment she needs to scrub the hull proper and even if she did, the internal damage is bound to be worse. Her baby needs a bigger bath than she can give her out here in the remote black. She needs time in dry dock, a handful of good people to help her scrub out the interior systems and a small fleet of roboscrubbers to tackle the hull.

Becca's comm crackles. It's Dec on the open channel.

"I was right. This isn't on Becca; it was definitely sabotage. It's probably worth Becca taking a look to see what else she can find."



Becca hadn't reported in, but she seemed to have pulled herself together and that was enough for now. Mel could get a full report later. He turned his attention back to Xiulan. He sighs and says, "Well, who knows why they after us? Hopefully, Dec will manage to find something. Until we know something more definite, we should keep stay open to multiple possibilities. And I'm not sure knowing the answer will make a difference one way or the other--hmm, well, it might help us in faking it look like we complied with their demands."

He looks around the ship. "Alright, let's see if there's anything worth salvaging here. As long as we're dealing with this mess, let's see if we can't make a little money off of it. Maybe something we can sell to my Browncoat connections."

OOC: Mental + Notice + Ship's Captain/ 1d4 + Independent Ties (Ship's Captain stepped down, because he's distracted by the threat to his ship):

Total: 15. Jinxes: 0. Not spending PP on this.
Spoiler: Show
Hand-me-down, hodge podge parts d8 + Fickle, Fickle Market Values d10 14 [8,6] no opportunities. That's a success.

It's time consuming work, given how everything is put together any which way, but by luck or design Mel is able to salvage several crates worth of valuable parts. They might even have enough there to cover necessary repairs and refuel.
 
Top Bottom