• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Firefly - The Path of the Righteous [Second Thread]

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just so the macro situation is clear, at this point you've taken the Baron's best individual fighter (other than the Baron himself) off the board and given the Triads an advantage in the big fight by warning them about the attack. If you do nothing else and just let things play out, the Triads are going to win the fight.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And, while we're speaking of macro situations and edging closer to the end of this Episode, the situation with recruiting someone to play Cutter got me to thinking:

I've been running this game for over four years now, and I still love it. We've had over 20 PCs serve on the Righteous and played out 17 (relatively soon to be 18) adventures.

But, one thing that I've always worried about with a game like this is it gradually petering out and dying an unlovely PbP death. I do not want my last memories of this game to be it sputtering to a stop like a car that runs out of gas on the highway. The campaign is episodic by nature and did not come with a defined campaign end point.

So, I'm going to give it one. Next Episode (19) is going to be the last Episode of Path of the Righteous.

I want to make sure that we end on a satisfying note for everyone, so please send me (here or by PM) any character beats or procedural challenges that you want to make sure that you get to hit with your characters. I'm still working on a framework for the Episode, but we're going to use up the last of the season's special effects budget, for sure. We're still a good way from finishing this Episode, but owing to the situation I'm giving myself extra planning time for the next one.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Aww, it'll be mourned! But damn, yeah, it's been a good run.

Also, yeah, definitely play along for now. Maybe we can do something to make the Triad's victory a little more pyrrhic without being the obvious culprits...

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In some ways this episode is a good end, in that we come out with no entanglements with Ross, a revamped ship, and a desire to become honest traders (or as honest as you can get in the Verse).

Of course, that means there has to be One Last Job...

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
One Last Job...
I feel like this is the movie release after the show got cancelled.

I dunno what I want for Lev, but I'd pay good money to see Doc go all River on Reavers in Act 4.

I will make the request that the last episode be Action over Investigation. I'm not saying you have to use Pirates! to make that happen . . . but c'mon . . . Pirates!

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
Maybe we can do something to make the Triad's victory a little more pyrrhic without being the obvious culprits...
Burn the hotel down around us and escape to the roof to be rescued by our dashing new pilot? Oh. Wait . . . 😁

I'm sure we'll think of something shenanigan flavored to write home about . . .

Top Bottom