IC [Firefly] The Path of the Righteous (Thread 2)

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Back at the Righteous
Righteous Crew: Charity, [Bella]

Dr. Coppelia cleans up, sterilizes everything, and incinerates the waste, then surveys the medbay with a look of satisfaction.

"That was a good job if, um, I say so myself. I am an excellent doctor!"

She turns to Bella. "My apologizes for doubting you, Captain Mason. So! Would you like some tea? I'm a bit thirsty after all that."
"Don't worry about it, sug'." Bella says. "It wouldn't be the first time somebody has impersonated one of us. An', yeah, some tea would be great."

Bella's handset jangles. She picks it up. "Oh, uh....oh." She's somehow gone flushed and pale at the same time. "Maybe put a little bit of something extra in that tea for me, darlin'."
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1a
Location: Blue Sun Research Park
Righteous Crew: Meizhi, Trân, Kennith
"Shit," says Meizhi, "what in the devil's diseased asshole is going on out there?" Her words are her normal vulgar vocabulary, but there's real fear in her voice. "Don't tell me this shit storm we caused is getting someone killed ...?" She pauses, not really wanting to go out and see the worst.
Kennith

Hearing what's going on just outside, Kennith says, "Damn... they shouldn't. They should be concentrating on securing the server and finding the guys. This is FUBAR'd.... plain and simple."

Stopping for a second, he checks to make sure he's got the fresh clip in his rifle and heads over to the exit, opening the door just enough to peak out to see if there's some guys just outside ready to shoot anybody that comes out.

OOC: Rolling to get an idea what's going on outside in the hallway while not getting noticed by a bunch of guys with guns.
Physical 1d10, Strong, Silent Type 1d8, Stealth 1d4, Multi-trained Marine
Sneaky Peek: 1d10 9 1d8 5 1d4 1 1d8 7 Could have been worse, honestly.
OOC: Trân will lend his Sneak d8 to that for a 4. Not much help, but it wasn't a jinx. Speaking of which, I'll buy that jinx of Kennith's, so he gets +1 PP.

Normally, it'd be all-but-impossible to sneak out of a door in a well-lit hallway where people are watching (d12) + but, everybody out in the hallway right now is pretty flipping distracted, for reasons that will become clear (d6) = 7 [3, 4]. That's an Extraordinary Success for Kennith, so a d12 BDH die.


The first thing that grabs his attention when Kennith looks out the door of the Emergency Stairwell is the body of a Securetech guard. Or, rather, a collection of shattered bone and pulped flesh that could generously be described as such a body.

Quickly turning to the sound of the gunfire, Kennith can see the Securetech team engaged in what can only generously be called a 'fight' with two tall, thin men in business suits with blue gloves. The men take several point-blank shots from carbines to their bodies to no apparent effect; they must be concealing some sort of high-tech armor underneath.

The blue gloved men aren't armed, but in the tight confines of the hallway, they are able to simply grab or strike the Securetech guards. Their strength is tremendous, almost unbelievable. They crush skulls, casually break limbs, and backhanded blows send large security guards flying. They seem to move slowly and incredibly quickly at the same time.

The Securetech guards are putting up some resistance, but they Won't Hold Out Much Longer d6, and then there'll be nothing between the blue handed men and the team from the Righteous.
 

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Back at the Righteous
Righteous Crew: Charity, [Bella]

"Don't worry about it, sug'." Bella says. "It wouldn't be the first time somebody has impersonated one of us. An', yeah, some tea would be great."

Bella's handset jangles. She picks it up. "Oh, uh....oh." She's somehow gone flushed and pale at the same time. "Maybe put a little bit of something extra in that tea for me, darlin'."
Dr. Coppelia smiles in amusement as she hands Bella a cup of tea. "Sorry, um, as your doctor I can't approve of alcohol on work time. Is something, uh, wrong?"
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
KIKO

The second the shooting starts, Kiko wastes no more time trying to be clever. She rushes forward, hoping Jenny and Nneka have the good sense to do the same and makes for the Righteous. With any luck, the rest of their team will make it there as well. Almost as an afterthought she records a wave as they run and transmits it to the ship.

Jenny and I have Nneka and are returning to the ship. Blue Sun has published footage of me doing questionable things and slanted it to make us both look real bad. Don't think the Righteous is implicated yet, but it won't be long before Kraig and Lindquist's images get dragged through the muck by association.
Jenny sprints back to the Righteous - more than she's usually able to, thanks to the drugs - and almost collapses on the ramp. "Oh gods oh gods oh gods oh gods how can I possibly fix this..." she keeps repeating, with her fists balled up in her hair.
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
KIKO

"You'll figure it," Kiko reassures Jenny. "I hear tell you're brilliant with stuff like this."

Then Kiko leans over and slips the dermal patches off the woman's neck. "There, that'll settle you pretty quick now."

She deftly slides the patches into a spare baggie she has in a pocket without touching the med side of either patch (or letting those sides touch each other), seals it, and hands it to Jenny, her light tone becoming serious. "Keep this for three days. If you exhibit a rash, experience night sweats, or start smelling things that ain't there, you tell Doc right off and give her these so she knows what you took and can scan the approximate dose you absorbed."
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Meizhi peeks over Kennith's shoulder, then gasps and turns away to hide herself in the staircase. Her face is pale with horror, but she chokes out the word, "Explosives," then says a little more coherently, "We still got explosives. Gotta be some use for them. Maybe we can blow a hole in outside wall and get out ourselves. Maybe... maybe we can use 'em as an improvised grenade? I attach to something, you throw 'em at the creepy guys with blue hands, an' I press the button? Explosives have gotta be able to hurt 'em, right?" She shakes her head. "Even if we could get away, ain't fair to leave a bunch of innocent folks dyin', likely an account of what we done."
 

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
Trân pulls Kennith back into the stairwell. "Seal the door," he says to Meizhi. "We must find another way out. There is nothing we can do for those guards. They were dead the moment those men entered the building."

He tries not to think about the slow speed and crushing strength of the blue hands men.
 
Last edited:

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Back at the Righteous
Righteous Crew: Charity, Kiko, Jenny, [Bella]

Jenny sprints back to the Righteous - more than she's usually able to, thanks to the drugs - and almost collapses on the ramp. "Oh gods oh gods oh gods oh gods how can I possibly fix this..." she keeps repeating, with her fists balled up in her hair.
KIKO

"You'll figure it," Kiko reassures Jenny. "I hear tell you're brilliant with stuff like this."

Then Kiko leans over and slips the dermal patches off the woman's neck. "There, that'll settle you pretty quick now."

She deftly slides the patches into a spare baggie she has in a pocket without touching the med side of either patch (or letting those sides touch each other), seals it, and hands it to Jenny, her light tone becoming serious. "Keep this for three days. If you exhibit a rash, experience night sweats, or start smelling things that ain't there, you tell Doc right off and give her these so she knows what you took and can scan the approximate dose you absorbed."
OOC: You two make it back to the ship, so feel free to jump into the scene with Charity and Bella if you want.


Dr. Coppelia smiles in amusement as she hands Bella a cup of tea. "Sorry, um, as your doctor I can't approve of alcohol on work time. Is something, uh, wrong?"
"Ain't I the Cap'n heah?" Bella asks with a chuckle. It's a joke, but it's also not a joke in a way that might cause some concern given Bella's relationship with alcohol.

"'S Wiley," she says, "Ah guess he and Philippe are done with theah quest. He - Wiley that is - wants ta know whether...well, whether."
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
KIKO

"C'mon, Nneka," she says. "Lets get you settled with the captain if she's about. She calls over ship comms to find out where Bella might be and leads Nneka there. "Our guest, Captain, as requested. Ms Nneka Aarinade." Normally she'd add the phrase 'former corporate stooge' just for a dig at her old friend, but the scene outside Blue Sun and those security goons firing live rounds into the crowd. She just didn't have it in her.

"Have we heard back from the second team yet? Or Kraig? No one else seems to be about."

To the doc she says, "Jenny got cattleprodded right good. I gave her a questionable combination of, erm, recreationals to keep her on her feet. Dermal patches. Twenty minutes tops, back of the neck. She has em bagged if you need to test them later, but she seems to be toleratin the dose fine. Rest of the night has her gorramn frazzled, though."

OOC: Not clear if we are still in the Med Bay cuz that's just where an excellent doctor keeps her tea or if we've moved the scene to the galley. Can Kiko see Kraig, and if so how apparent are the extent of his injuries at a glance?
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Not clear if we are still in the Med Bay cuz that's just where an excellent doctor keeps her tea or if we've moved the scene to the galley. Can Kiko see Kraig, and if so how apparent are the extent of his injuries at a glance?
OOC: I guess I assumed that Charity and Bella had moved to the galley for their tea, but it doesn't really matter too much to me where you all want to chat. It's obvious that Kraig is in a pretty bad way and that there's been some significant damage to his face and neck, but with Kiko's d4 Treat that's probably about all she can tell at a glance.
 
Top Bottom