IC [Firefly] The Path of the Righteous (Thread 2)

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
OOC: Yeah. I was just wondering if he was in the same room with her at the moment and if the damage was visible or under bandages or somesuch.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jenny's freaking out doesn't abate in the slightest when the drugs are removed; she arrives in the medbay hyperventilating and disheveled, with her hair all over the place, pressed up about as tight against the bulkhead as can be. "I'm sorry- I don't- I couldn't shut down the cameras, I couldn't stop- They have all of it- And then they saw us and fired on the crowd-"
 

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Back at the Righteous
Righteous Crew: Charity, Kiko, Jenny, [Bella]

"Ain't I the Cap'n heah?" Bella asks with a chuckle. It's a joke, but it's also not a joke in a way that might cause some concern given Bella's relationship with alcohol.

"'S Wiley," she says, "Ah guess he and Philippe are done with theah quest. He - Wiley that is - wants ta know whether...well, whether."
Dr. Coppelia smiles warmly. "Ah, I, uh, see. It sounds like you have a decision to make. After, um, we're out of our current predicament."

KIKO

To the doc she says, "Jenny got cattleprodded right good. I gave her a questionable combination of, erm, recreationals to keep her on her feet. Dermal patches. Twenty minutes tops, back of the neck. She has em bagged if you need to test them later, but she seems to be toleratin the dose fine. Rest of the night has her gorramn frazzled, though."
Jenny's freaking out doesn't abate in the slightest when the drugs are removed; she arrives in the medbay hyperventilating and disheveled, with her hair all over the place, pressed up about as tight against the bulkhead as can be. "I'm sorry- I don't- I couldn't shut down the cameras, I couldn't stop- They have all of it- And then they saw us and fired on the crowd-"
Dr. Coppelia examines Jenny. "Hmm, definitely a, uh, case of overstimulation and mild nerve shock. I'll prepare a mild, um, sedative, that should help.""

She hugs Jenny. "Oh no! That's terrible, I'm, um, so glad you're safe." She sets Jenny down on a chair and prepares a sedative.

OOC: And yes, that's intentionally disjointed flipping awkwardly between doctor-mode and girlfriend mode.
Mental d8 + Treat d12 + Ship's Doctor d8 + MedBay d8: 1d8 6 1d12 2 1d8 3 1d8 1 9, 1 jinx, if Jenny needs more doctorin'. Which, uh, with roll, hopefully she doesn't and it can be ignored.
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
KIKO

In the midst of Doc fussing over Jenny, Kiko notices Kraig and turns to the captain. "What happened?" she asks, concern in her voice.
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1c
Location: Back at the Righteous
Righteous Crew: Charity, Kiko, Jenny, [Bella]

Jenny's freaking out doesn't abate in the slightest when the drugs are removed; she arrives in the medbay hyperventilating and disheveled, with her hair all over the place, pressed up about as tight against the bulkhead as can be. "I'm sorry- I don't- I couldn't shut down the cameras, I couldn't stop- They have all of it- And then they saw us and fired on the crowd-"
Dr. Coppelia examines Jenny. "Hmm, definitely a, uh, case of overstimulation and mild nerve shock. I'll prepare a mild, um, sedative, that should help.""

She hugs Jenny. "Oh no! That's terrible, I'm, um, so glad you're safe." She sets Jenny down on a chair and prepares a sedative.

OOC: And yes, that's intentionally disjointed flipping awkwardly between doctor-mode and girlfriend mode.
Mental d8 + Treat d12 + Ship's Doctor d8 + MedBay d8: 1d8 6 1d12 2 1d8 3 1d8 1 9, 1 jinx, if Jenny needs more doctorin'. Which, uh, with roll, hopefully she doesn't and it can be ignored.
OOC: There's no mechanical effect on Jenny at the moment, so there's no need for a roll.


KIKO

In the midst of Doc fussing over Jenny, Kiko notices Kraig and turns to the captain. "What happened?" she asks, concern in her voice.
"Dunno exac'ly," Bella says. "Ah guess he got caught on his li'l part of our escapade. He managed to call me an ah' wen' ovah to bus' him out. As we were makin' our getaway, we ran through some kind o' labr'atory at Heartweave. One o' the guards fired a stunner at us. It missed, but it shattered some kind o' beaker on a counter wheah we were runnin'. Mr. Kraig theah got splashed. We jus' about made it outside before he collapsed. Then I called in our doctor, here."
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dr. Coppelia examines Jenny. "Hmm, definitely a, uh, case of overstimulation and mild nerve shock. I'll prepare a mild, um, sedative, that should help.""

She hugs Jenny. "Oh no! That's terrible, I'm, um, so glad you're safe." She sets Jenny down on a chair and prepares a sedative.
Jenny holds on tight to Charity, shivering against her. "I don't know what to do and I feel weird and..."
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
KIKO

Kiko walks over to Kraig and looks at his ruined face. "Some bodyguard I turned out to be, huh, boss?"

Turning back to the rest of the room, she says, "When we get the rest of our people back safe, I've got a powerful urge to put a real hurt on these gorramn hóu tā mā de mùyáng rén.
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Trân pulls Kennith back into the stairwell. "Seal the door," he says to Meizhi. "We have to find another way out. There's nothing we can do for those guards. They were dead the moment those men entered the building."

He tries not to think about the slow speed and crushing strength of the blue hands men.
Meizhi stares in horror at the sealed door, then repeats, "Explosives." After catching her breath, she adds, "I set up the explosives on the outside wall here, we go back up the stairs, I blow a hole in the wall, and we run the through to the outside, then high tail it back to the ship. Lessin' someone's got a better idea."
 

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
"We shall puzzle that out in a moment," Trân says, uncharacteristically deferring the formation of a plan. "Now we must seal this door against them, make it impassable."
 

Aliexster

Master Mech Mechanic
Validated User
Kennith

Slowly closing the door to keep anybody else from noticing from outside, he whispers to the others, "No time. Would just attract attention. Best bet is to hope that they take the elevator." Looking at the wall he says, "Can't blow a hole in the wall with us in here. It'll take us out with it."

Letting out a long breath, he tries to come up with a plan turning to Meizhi, "Set the charges on the wall closest to the door," He says pointing at a place that would expose anybody coming through to the maximum force. "We go up a level, hunker down on the floor. If they come through, blow it, it'll knock them on their ass, and we can rush out. If they go through the elevator, we head out the front door and leave them as a distraction for any other Securetech we run across while warning them of the heavily armored terrorists heading into the building."

Turning to Tran he sumarizes, "Hopefully we can pin this whole thing on these bastards. Do you think that'll work?"
 
Top Bottom