IC [Firefly] The Path of the Righteous (Thread 2)

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jenny manages to relax a little bit and glances around to the others. She blushes in embarrassment but doesn't let go. "...where are the others?"
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Her hands shaking, muttering "Explosives" repeatedly, Meizhi begins laying them on the door as Kennith suggested. Having something to do helps her calm down a bit and her hands are soon shaking less, though she keeps muttering "Explosives" to herself.
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1a
Location: Blue Sun Research Park
Righteous Crew: Meizhi, Trân, Kennith

Kennith

Slowly closing the door to keep anybody else from noticing from outside, he whispers to the others, "No time. Would just attract attention. Best bet is to hope that they take the elevator." Looking at the wall he says, "Can't blow a hole in the wall with us in here. It'll take us out with it."

Letting out a long breath, he tries to come up with a plan turning to Meizhi, "Set the charges on the wall closest to the door," He says pointing at a place that would expose anybody coming through to the maximum force. "We go up a level, hunker down on the floor. If they come through, blow it, it'll knock them on their ass, and we can rush out. If they go through the elevator, we head out the front door and leave them as a distraction for any other Securetech we run across while warning them of the heavily armored terrorists heading into the building."

Turning to Tran he sumarizes, "Hopefully we can pin this whole thing on these bastards. Do you think that'll work?"
Her hands shaking, muttering "Explosives" repeatedly, Meizhi begins laying them on the door as Kennith suggested. Having something to do helps her calm down a bit and her hands are soon shaking less, though she keeps muttering "Explosives" to herself.
Meizhi plants the explosives and the team retreats back up to the server room. To wait. But not for too long.

OOC: You don't need to roll just to plant the explosives, but you'll need to make a quick decision once things kick off. One of you give me a Mental + Focus check; the other two can lend appropriate dice (Notice is the most obvious one).
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Meizhi tries to breath deeply and keep herself as they wait for the Blue Hands to burst through the door. She tries to remember what her mother said about keeping her cool in combat situations. She begins reminding herself about everything she knows about how bombs work, which helps her actually focus on the explosives she's set up.

OOC: Mental + Focus + Know It All + Mama was a Soldier:

Total: 12. Jinxes: 0. If need be I'll spend my remaining PP, either to buy another die or roll one of my 1d12 BDH dice. If I do that, I'll step Vertigo up to d8 to get another PP. (I imagine the stress of the situation can easily add to Meizhi's sense of being off-balance. Plus they're waiting higher up the stairs, with the view that made Meizhi dizzy in the first place.)
 

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
OOC: Trân lends 1d8 Focus: 1d8 4
 

Aliexster

Master Mech Mechanic
Validated User
OOC: Kennith's lending Mental Mental Aid: 1d8 7
 

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1a
Location: Blue Sun Research Park
Righteous Crew: Meizhi, Trân, Kennith

Meizhi tries to breath deeply and keep herself as they wait for the Blue Hands to burst through the door. She tries to remember what her mother said about keeping her cool in combat situations. She begins reminding herself about everything she knows about how bombs work, which helps her actually focus on the explosives she's set up.

OOC: Mental + Focus + Know It All + Mama was a Soldier:

Total: 12. Jinxes: 0. If need be I'll spend my remaining PP, either to buy another die or roll one of my 1d12 BDH dice. If I do that, I'll step Vertigo up to d8 to get another PP. (I imagine the stress of the situation can easily add to Meizhi's sense of being off-balance. Plus they're waiting higher up the stairs, with the view that made Meizhi dizzy in the first place.)
OOC: Trân lends 1d8 Focus: 1d8 4
OOC: Kennith's lending Mental Mental Aid: 1d8 7
OOC: Aliexster Aliexster - technically, you can only Lend skills, not Attributes, but I'm just letting you know for the future.

So, Meizhi's total is improved to a 14 on 7,7,5,4,2.

The Blue Hands are spooky fast (d12) + and get scale (d8) + Meizhi's got Vertigo d6 + the building isn't particularly quiet, so it's easy to jump at shadows (d10) = 16, with an opportunity [1, 5, 5, 6] (because they have Scale, they get to use their best 3 dice instead of 2).

Even so, Meizhi can succeed on that with just 1 PP spend.


Meizhi - having been with the Righteous far longer than anyone else - is no stranger to deadly tense situations. She hears what she knows must be the Blue Hands advancing toward the staircase door and claps together the detonator of the explosives. There's a muted crump, and then silence.

The crew could stick around to see what happened to the Blue Hands, or they could just hustle out of the building.
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Meizhi lets out a deep breath. "Okay, I did it--I got 'em. I say we rush through in case all we managed to do was knock 'em out temporarily." She starts to run down the stairs to what she hopes is freedom, but will stop if Tran or Kennith calls out to her that that is a bad idea.
 

Aliexster

Master Mech Mechanic
Validated User
Kennith

Hearing the explosion go, Kennith counts to three, switches the assault rifle to shotgun mode and moves down the stairwell. "Stay close... We're getting out of here first off." He says heading for the closest exit, and if there's anything moving down there, Kennith will aim high and give them a shell.

OOC: Alright, just saw a choice of either mental or focus, choose the best I had.

Anyway, rolling for if anybody's alive down there. Not sure what a penalty would be to 'Shoot'em in The Head', but willing to take it.

Physical 1d10, Strong Silent Type 1d8, Shoot 1d10, Montauk 1d8
Storm Roll: 1d10 5 1d8 7 1d10 3 1d8 4
 
Top Bottom