IC [Firefly] The Path of the Righteous (Thread 2)

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Her hands shaking, muttering "Explosives" repeatedly, Meizhi begins laying them on the door as Kennith suggested. Having something to do helps her calm down a bit and her hands are soon shaking less, though she keeps muttering "Explosives" to herself.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode 17: Coreporate
Act IV, Scene 1a
Righteous Crew: Meizhi, Trân, Kennith

Kennith

Slowly closing the door to keep anybody else from noticing from outside, he whispers to the others, "No time. Would just attract attention. Best bet is to hope that they take the elevator." Looking at the wall he says, "Can't blow a hole in the wall with us in here. It'll take us out with it."

Letting out a long breath, he tries to come up with a plan turning to Meizhi, "Set the charges on the wall closest to the door," He says pointing at a place that would expose anybody coming through to the maximum force. "We go up a level, hunker down on the floor. If they come through, blow it, it'll knock them on their ass, and we can rush out. If they go through the elevator, we head out the front door and leave them as a distraction for any other Securetech we run across while warning them of the heavily armored terrorists heading into the building."

Turning to Tran he sumarizes, "Hopefully we can pin this whole thing on these bastards. Do you think that'll work?"
Her hands shaking, muttering "Explosives" repeatedly, Meizhi begins laying them on the door as Kennith suggested. Having something to do helps her calm down a bit and her hands are soon shaking less, though she keeps muttering "Explosives" to herself.
Meizhi plants the explosives and the team retreats back up to the server room. To wait. But not for too long.

OOC: You don't need to roll just to plant the explosives, but you'll need to make a quick decision once things kick off. One of you give me a Mental + Focus check; the other two can lend appropriate dice (Notice is the most obvious one).

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Meizhi tries to breath deeply and keep herself as they wait for the Blue Hands to burst through the door. She tries to remember what her mother said about keeping her cool in combat situations. She begins reminding herself about everything she knows about how bombs work, which helps her actually focus on the explosives she's set up.

OOC: Mental + Focus + Know It All + Mama was a Soldier:

Total: 12. Jinxes: 0. If need be I'll spend my remaining PP, either to buy another die or roll one of my 1d12 BDH dice. If I do that, I'll step Vertigo up to d8 to get another PP. (I imagine the stress of the situation can easily add to Meizhi's sense of being off-balance. Plus they're waiting higher up the stairs, with the view that made Meizhi dizzy in the first place.)

Top Bottom